Official 2011 NHL Draft Thread

Robviously

You and I are on the same page. Stasny is a guy I want to see Buffalo go after when the trading ramps up.

Colorado needs about 4 defensemen. Stasny will probably cost at least 2 and a 1st and a prospect. IMO.

But I have a hunch he'll be available.

Colorado needs about 4 defensemen. Stasny will probably cost at least 2 and a 1st and a prospect. IMO.

If I remember correctly Colorado needs a goalie too as both of their goalies are UFA's I think. I'm thinking 2 defencemen, Enroth, and maybe a pick would get it done.

Edit- One goalie is UFA, the other is RFA, and both were underwhelming in performance this season so, yeah, I'm thinking a trade including a good goalie prospect gets it done.

If I remember correctly Colorado needs a goalie too as both of their goalies are UFA's I think. I'm thinking 2 defencemen, Enroth, and maybe a pick would get it done.

Edit- One goalie is UFA, the other is RFA, and both were underwhelming in performance this season so, yeah, I'm thinking a trade including a good goalie prospect gets it done.

I'd love to see Stastny here, but you guys may be giving too much. Which defensemen do you envision being part of this deal?

If Darcy puts a package together - I also have a hunch it would include getting Brandon Yip back. Just a hunch.

The other guy I think Darcy targets for trade is Patrick Berglund...or perhaps...Brooks Laich as a UFA.

He has to pursue centers aggressively.

I think any two but Myers would be on the board.

Trade away Weber and Butler and the team loses a lot of that young blueline toughness that it just discovered. I fully realize that you can't make an omelet without breaking some eggs, though. If Yip were coming with Stastny, I'd feel a lot better about it.

So we are talking trading for stastny? Its interesting but idk if colorado has the depth to be ok with it. They do need some good defense so if I had to put this trade together I say Sekera and Morrisonn/butler and hecht plus our 1st to them and see if that gets the wheels turning. I however am not sure Statsny is in play

I'd love to see Stastny here, but you guys may be giving too much. Which defensemen do you envision being part of this deal?

I tend to agree with this. In a cap world we all know trades are done differently and I think we are giving up way too much with these fantasy deals here. Is stastny worth 2 players a first and a young prospect? There better be more coming back in that deal.

I tend to agree with this. In a cap world we all know trades are done differently and I think we are giving up way too much with these fantasy deals here. Is stastny worth 2 players a first and a young prospect? There better be more coming back in that deal.

Worth is a relative term. He has the type of game that could open a ton of space for Stafford and Vanek, and he's only 25. (I think).

Vanek-Stasny-Stafford would be a hell of a line to defend. And all are under 28.

(Connolly hasn't been a threat to drive to net for a few years...Stasny plays a much bigger game but hasn't had nearly the same quality linemates)

If Darcy puts a package together - I also have a hunch it would include getting Brandon Yip back. Just a hunch.

The other guy I think Darcy targets for trade is Patrick Berglund...or perhaps...Brooks Laich as a UFA.

He has to pursue centers aggressively.

I've loved the idea of trading for Berglund for a while but he's probably already past "prospect" and into "good 22 year old NHL center" territory. It'll take a ton to pry him out of STL. That said, he's exactly what we need and there's no one on the team I'm not willing to deal. If they want Stafford, they can lock him up to a contract when they get him. Ennis? Sekera? Butler? The 1st rounder? There has to be a way to make it happen.

I've loved the idea of trading for Berglund for a while but he's probably already past "prospect" and into "good 22 year old NHL center" territory. It'll take a ton to pry him out of STL. That said, he's exactly what we need and there's no one on the team I'm not willing to deal. If they want Stafford, they can lock him up to a contract when they get him. Ennis? Sekera? Butler? The 1st rounder? There has to be a way to make it happen.

I don't think Berglund would come cheap. But I have a suspicion St. Louis may want to go tougher. (maybe a Kassian or Foligno sweetens any deal) ?

He reminds me of a young Joe Thornton.

I wouldnt trade ennis for anything other than a #1 center who has 0 left in development and can come here and immediately put up 80-90pts. Ennis is the future of this franchise along with Myers, they should be in the same no touch category IMO

I wouldnt trade ennis for anything other than a #1 center who has 0 left in development and can come here and immediately put up 80-90pts. Ennis is the future of this franchise along with Myers, they should be in the same no touch category IMO

Ennis is a nice player, but not untouchable. IMO.

The Sabres are very strong on the wings and weak up the middle. If Ennis can bring back a complete 2 way center that can put up 70 pts.

It's a no-brainer IMO.

The Sabres are very strong on the wings and weak up the middle. If Ennis can bring back a complete 2 way center that can put up 70 pts.

It's a no-brainer IMO.

Agreed. Frankly, anyone not named Myers that can bring back a good quality center is not untouchable IMO.

Any two of Butler, Grags, Leopold, Morissonn, Sekera works for me. Whether a draft pick and which round depends on which two D-men are moved.

Depending on the return, Myers shouldn't be safe either.

You are correct, of course. But it better feel like hitting the lottery. :lol:

I'm open to it but it better be a Lafontaine class player coming back. This is where you start talking seriously about Stamkos.

It's a no-brainer IMO.

Gonna be obstinate and stick to my guns here. We do not have wings with Ennis talent and the kid had 49pts as a rookie this year and showed up in the playoffs, unless we are talking Malkin type player (80pt+ per season easy) then he stays because I think over the next couple years Ennis is going to develop into that 80pt plus guy IMO. Sorry but on this I will respectfully disagree. See the off season can be fun.

Gonna be obstinate and stick to my guns here. We do not have wings with Ennis talent and the kid had 49pts as a rookie this year and showed up in the playoffs, unless we are talking Malkin type player (80pt+ per season easy) then he stays because I think over the next couple years Ennis is going to develop into that 80pt plus guy IMO. Sorry but on this I will respectfully disagree. See the off season can be fun.

I hope you are right about Ennis becoming an 80 pt guy. I don't see it.

I really like him. But that is more upside than I see. About 65 pts. sounds right.

Too bad the Sabres don't have an early pick this year, could you imagine if they could put this kid and Myers on a defensive rotation:

Big with skills

Is he grading out as an early 1st round pick? If that's the case, I just don't see it. He looked completely lost to me each time I saw him this year. Maybe it was a bit of a product of the team he was playing on, but I really didn't see much upside in the skill department either.

Is he grading out as an early 1st round pick? If that's the case, I just don't see it. He looked completely lost to me each time I saw him this year. Maybe it was a bit of a product of the team he was playing on, but I really didn't see much upside in the skill department either.

Yeah, he's projected as high as 10th and as low as 20th, so, he could even be there when the Sabres select, but probably not. While he is a raw prospect, as Tyler Myers was when we picked him, he is 6'7 and 240 pounds (for comparison, Myers is 6'8 and 230 pounds at age 21, Jamieson is only 17). Jamieson is also considered to be a very solid skater, better then Myers was at the age of 17.

But, with Gragnani, Pysyk, McNabb, Schiestel and Brennen in the system, i highly doubt they go the route of defense in the draft, even if this kid drops. And McNabb is a huge kid too, but much farther along in his development this Jamieson is.

Yeah, he's projected as high as 10th and as low as 20th, so, he could even be there when the Sabres select, but probably not. While he is a raw prospect, as Tyler Myers was when we picked him, he is 6'7 and 240 pounds (for comparison, Myers is 6'8 and 230 pounds at age 21, Jamieson is only 17). Jamieson is also considered to be a very solid skater, better then Myers was at the age of 17.

But, with Gragnani, Pysyk, McNabb, Schiestel and Brennen in the system, i highly doubt they go the route of defense in the draft, even if this kid drops. And McNabb is a huge kid too, but much farther along in his development this Jamieson is.

Are you still talking about the same player or did you switch up to a completely different name in that description?

Archived