Are you going to wear a Sabres jersey while watching the game tonight?

nfreeman

It's go time.  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going to wear a Sabres jersey tonight?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. If you are wearing a jersey, which edition is it?

• Classic '70s blue
    • Classic '70s white
    • Goathead black
    • Goathead white
    • Slug blue
    • Slug white
    • Alternate red
    • Updated classic (ie new) blue
    • Updated classic (ie new) white
    • Alternate blue (ie pepsi cap)
    • N/A -- not wearing a jersey
  3. 3. If you are wearing a jersey, which player's jersey is it?

• '70s era player -- French connection, Schoeny, etc.
    • '80s era player -- Foligno, Andreychuk, Housely, etc.
    • '90s era player -- Lafontaine, Mogilny, Hasek, etc.
    • '00s era player not on team currently -- Drury, Briere, etc.
    • Current team member -- Miller, Myers, etc.
    • No player name
    • N/A -- not wearing a jersey

Not a fan of the slug logo, but gonna go with my Kaleta jersey since I think the kid is gonna be important in this series (keeping the Flyers honest and/or off their game). :thumbsup:

Neither am I but I lost my new logo hat about a month or 2 ago and had to switch back to my slug hat. I finally found my new logo hat but haven't switched back yet due to the nature of how they have been playing lately.

Neither am I but I lost my new logo hat about a month or 2 ago and had to switch back to my slug hat. I finally found my new logo hat but haven't switched back yet due to the nature of how they have been playing lately.

Appropriately superstitious, I see. :) If the Sabres lose tonight I will most certainly switch to another jersey for the next game. I have four, so we'll find one that works (but hopefully it'll be the one for tonight!). Unfortunately my friend is getting married on Saturday so I'll miss that one. :cry: Does the fact that I even entertained the idea of skipping her wedding make me a bad friend, or a good fan? lol

Appropriately superstitious, I see. :) If the Sabres lose tonight I will most certainly switch to another jersey for the next game. I have four, so we'll find one that works (but hopefully it'll be the one for tonight!). Unfortunately my friend is getting married on Saturday so I'll miss that one. :cry: Does the fact that I even entertained the idea of skipping her wedding make me a bad friend, or a good fan? lol

I now pronounce you man and SCORE!

Does the reception have TVs? Bring a small radio and stick it in the mens room. I already know a few guest at my wedding that plan on doing this if we are still in and a game happens to fall on my wedding day.

I now pronounce you man and SCORE!

:lol:

Does the reception have TVs? Bring a small radio and stick it in the mens room. I already know a few guest at my wedding that plan on doing this if we are still in and a game happens to fall on my wedding day.

I have the GR app on my phone, and I'm wrestling with whether to try and listen discreetly during the ceremony/reception (starts at 5:30, ugh) or to record and watch later at home. I'm not sure I trust myself to remember not to cheer out loud if I listen during the ceremony!

EDIT: Just saw the bolded part -- I think I'd get some strange looks indeed if I went into the men's room, LOL.

Wearing white Myers all day today.

HOWEVER, I typically like to go for a run, then settle in with my dinner right for the start of the game. So I won't start the game with any jersey on. If anything, I will shower during 1st intermission and grab my navy Gaustad. Is it bad mojo to put on a jersey part way through the game?

For what it's worth, we lost in Carolina when I wore my Myers, and won in Carolina when I wore my Gaustad.

When checking out a the supermarket across the street just now in my Ruff jersey I got the par-for-the-course "Is that a hockey team?" comment from the girl bagging my lunch ... but it didn't stop me from donating to the March of Dimes and writing "Lindy Ruff - Let's Go Buffalo!" on the little card they give you that they put up on the wall. Gotta be good for some karma giving to the March of Dimes, right?

When checking out a the supermarket across the street just now in my Ruff jersey I got the par-for-the-course "Is that a hockey team?" comment from the girl bagging my lunch ... but it didn't stop me from donating to the March of Dimes and writing "Lindy Ruff - Let's Go Buffalo!" on the little card they give you that they put up on the wall. Gotta be good for some karma giving to the March of Dimes, right?

:clapping:

I may have shared this before, but...

In Daytona Beach this past January, I was ordering a drink at a bar, and my buddy, a Rangers fan, was next in line. I was pretty loose by this point, and decided to take an extra long time signing my name, in giant cursive letters. My buddy starts heckling me, so I proceed to write in even more giant letters, "GO SABRES!"

I hand the receipt back to the attractive lady bartender, and she replies, "Sabres? Who are the Sabres??" I leaned over to her, in a very serious and condescending tone: "Do you even KNOW what hockey is?"

The bartender then slapped me in the face. Really hard. It was hilarious. Don't think I could repeat this feat if I tried.

Go Sabres!

Archived