Beardathon 2011

darksabre

So the Sabres are running a promotion this year to have fans and players grow playoff beards for charity.

http://beardathon.com/sabres/team.aspx

The Buffalo Sabres Foundation is committed to enhancing the quality of life in the Western New York region. In that process, the Buffalo Sabres Foundation strives to assist worthwhile organizations that make this region a better place to live and work.

The Buffalo Sabres Foundation has chosen to make its primary focus to (1) assist youth hockey initiatives, (2) support children's health and wellness initiatives, specifically those that serve the underprivileged and handicapped, and (3) provide support to non-profit organizations that provide vital services to those in need in our community.

Each year the Buffalo Sabres Foundation provides support to many great non-profit agencies in WNY including: SABAH, Camp Good Days, Carly’s Club, Summit Educational Resources, Boys & Girls Clubs of Buffalo, Cradle Beach Camp, Big Brothers Big Sisters of Erie County and many more!

I'm going to plug one of our own, dEnnis_the_menace, who is participating this year. Go donate now! Every little bit helps and it's a tax write off! :thumbsup:

http://beardathon.com/sabres/dEnnisMenace88/profile.aspx

I'm torn. I want to, but at some point when I'm in AZ a month from now I'll be hating myself for it.

I was thinking about betting a Flyers fan that the other would continue growing their beard until the winner's team was out (so I'd grow mine if the Flyers advanced and vice versa), but the only thing worse than having a beard in the desert is having one because the f'ing Flyers won.

I'm not growing one because I don't want to look like a scumbag for my graduation from grad school. What I've decided is that I'll do a different facial hair style for each round. That way I can be involved in the hijinks on a less serious scale haha

I'm not growing one because I don't want to look like a scumbag for my graduation from grad school. What I've decided is that I'll do a different facial hair style for each round. That way I can be involved in the hijinks on a less serious scale haha

There ya go! :)

i had an acceptable blend of goatee and beard up until this morning. i am pushing my luck however, with the fact that i have a job interview tomorrow, and can't possibly shave again until the playoff fate of buffalo is decided.

It looks like I am the "Beard of the Day"! ... and I'm in third place, last time I looked. If you have a spare dollar or two, please donate to me or any of the guys... it's going to a good cause!

A couple SabreSpace members donated already and I really appreciate it! Thanks guys!

Archived