Game Discussion Thread: Sabres at Blue Jackets

nfreeman

Rivet just acted like a douche. What a worthless play. So you suck Rivet and I am so glad that they lost because of your play. Glad to have a 4 game win streak finally... Thank the stars and Philly here we come, hope pronger stays gone for a long time... Good times on the old town tonight!

Rivet just acted like a douche. What a worthless play. So you suck Rivet and I am so glad that they lost because of your play. Glad to have a 4 game win streak finally... Thank the stars and Philly here we come, hope pronger stays gone for a long time... Good times on the old town tonight!

We will have another 4 game win streak this year and it's going to be the 1st 4 games against the Flyers.

BRING IT ON PHILLY, THANKS FOR LETTING US IN THE PLAYOFFS, YOU'RE GOING TO REGRET IT!!!

Nothing will make me happier than to see Carolina knocked out. I'd much rather see an original six team get in over a team in a market that just doesn't care about the game.

I can't believe I'm doing this, but I'll defend the NC fan base. I live here, and there are a $hitload of Hurricanes stickers and magnets on cars when you're driving around town. The team has been to two Cup finals, won one, and hosted a kick-a$$ All-Star weekend this past season.

I don't root for them because of my Sabres allegiance and memories from 2006, but they are NOT a market that "doesn't care about the game."

That said -- f**k 'em, they're out. Go Sabres!

I can't believe I'm doing this, but I'll defend the NC fan base. I live here, and there are a $hitload of Hurricanes stickers and magnets on cars when you're driving around town. The team has been to two Cup finals, won one, and hosted a kick-a$ All-Star weekend this past season.

I don't root for them because of my Sabres allegiance and memories from 2006, but they are NOT a market that "doesn't care about the game."

That said -- f**k 'em, they're out. Go Sabres!

And thunder rumbles from "Hockey Heaven"...

So let's stir up some conversation here.

I'll admit I didn't see the Rivet hit on Ennis but was told by others he cross checked Thing 2 in the head.

In light of the no shots to the head rule, should he be suspended games to be carried out next season? He'll probably retire, but I guess my question is, is there a difference between an elbow to the head and a stick to the head?

So let's stir up some conversation here.

I'll admit I didn't see the Rivet hit on Ennis but was told by others he cross checked Thing 2 in the head.

In light of the no shots to the head rule, should he be suspended games to be carried out next season? He'll probably retire, but I guess mu question is, is there a difference between an elbow to the head and a stick to the head?

It looked like Ennis got a pretty good whack on Rivet.

Former captain wanted to make sure Buffalo could run a PowerPlay without Vanek. :beer:

It looked like Ennis got a pretty good whack on Rivet.

Former captain wanted to make sure Buffalo could run a PowerPlay without Vanek. :beer:

So it was selfless sacrifice. Interesting.

I'm sure he'll be back on fan appreciation day next year..

Can anyone who's recording the game rewind and get a screenshot or cell pic of the guy holding the I Heart Boyes sign?

That sign made me laugh. He was sitting behind me and to my right a bit. There was another sign shaped like an arrow near the corner that said 'Cheektovegas'. The CBJ fans next to us asked if we knew what that meant.

There were a lot of Sabres fans there. Some were a bit rowdy but I didn't really see anyone getting out of hand.

I'll be headed to HSBC for game 6 (if Philly survives that long).

Archived