Devils Devils!

Dave Dryden

You know that you can just reply to someone's post, don't you? You don't have to start a new thread every time you feel the need to say something. In fact, you could even reply in your own thread about the Devils.

Your drum is almost as loud as DeLuca's.

There's just no place on the Sabres for a 50 goal scorer.

You know that you can just reply to someone's post, don't you? You don't have to start a new thread every time you feel the need to say something. In fact, you could even reply in your own thread about the Devils.

Thanks for the suggestion--most appreciated.

Old hockey instincts. When somebody pushes you you always push back harder and finish it. It's over now so no need to continue.

Sadly it was a Connolly like push back on your part.

The Devils were a great story that seems to be falling a little short. They would have been the biggest story going into the playoffs.

Sadly it was a Connolly like push back on your part.

The Devils were a great story that seems to be falling a little short. They would have been the biggest story going into the playoffs.

instead the lowly Sabres who may actually accomplish a feat just a little less impressive will continue to get no recognition heading into the playoffs. just the way i like it :thumbsup:

instead the lowly Sabres who may actually accomplish a feat just a little less impressive will continue to get no recognition heading into the playoffs. just the way i like it :thumbsup:

At the low point how many games under .500 were the Sabres compared to the Devils?

Didn't think this was harsh.

If you look at their playoff chances line on the hockey stats, they have a large, pronouced "U". What they have done this season to fight back is remarkable.

They dug themselves a huge hole and played fantastic hockey for over two months to get close. When they got in the ballpark of a playoff spot, they started losing again-- in horse terms they spit the bit in the stretch. If the Sabres did all that they would be crucified for choking when the games finally mattered again. I'm sorry, but it's a double standard to call that "remarkable." In Seinfeldian terms it might be "breathtaking"--but not remarkable.

They dug themselves a huge hole and played fantastic hockey for over two months to get close. When they got in the ballpark of a playoff spot, they started losing again-- in horse terms they spit the bit in the stretch. If the Sabres did all that they would be crucified for choking when the games finally mattered again. I'm sorry, but it's a double standard to call that "remarkable." In Seinfeldian terms it might be "breathtaking"--but not remarkable.

Yep, if the Sabres did that they "wouldn't be mentally tough enough". Ruff would be to blame for over playing Miller, Vanek couldn't score when the games got big and Myers is a bum etc. etc.

Yep, if the Sabres did that they "wouldn't be mentally tough enough". Ruff would be to blame for over playing Miller, Vanek couldn't score when the games got big and Myers is a bum etc. etc.

These are very good points.

I disagree with one thing though. A 20-2-2 run by any team is remarkable.

I also find the Sabres own resurrected season to be breathtaking.

The Devils are 6-4 in their last ten and do appear to be playing decent but have cooled off. But don't diminish what they did since Jan 1. It is in fact remarkable.

These are very good points.

I disagree with one thing though. A 20-2-2 run by any team is remarkable.

I also find the Sabres own resurrected season to be breathtaking.

QFT. If it isn't remarkable, then I don't understand what the word means. Let's see what Noah says: remarkable: unusual or striking.

I'll see your LOL and raise you a guffaw. The double standard here on SabreSpace is what's breathtaking.

PTR

QFT. To quote the former Vice President, "Big Time".

I'll see your LOL and raise you a guffaw. The double standard here on SabreSpace is what's breathtaking.

PTR

That is not really a fair statement. There is one guy (OK maybe 2) that are parading NJ's run more loudly than the Sabres 2nd half run. It isn't like a whole bunch of folks jumped on the NJ express.

IMO both teams are doing impressive things. The Sabres had no business even considering the playoffs around Christmas time yet here they are fending off challengers to the 8th spot. NJ had no business dreaming of being out of a lottery spot yet they damn near got into the playoff picture. Both are impressive indeed.

One other thought; NJ's 2nd half run leads me to believe they will be a force to be reckoned with next season.

That is not really a fair statement. There is one guy (OK maybe 2) that are parading NJ's run more loudly than the Sabres 2nd half run. It isn't like a whole bunch of folks jumped on the NJ express.

IMO both teams are doing impressive things. The Sabres had no business even considering the playoffs around Christmas time yet here they are fending off challengers to the 8th spot. NJ had no business dreaming of being out of a lottery spot yet they damn near got into the playoff picture. Both are impressive indeed.

One other thought; NJ's 2nd half run leads me to believe they will be a force to be reckoned with next season.

Depends on whether Lemaire comes back. If he does, you're probably right.

I always thought that's what the Devils were setting up with the Kovy signing. The future. Take a hit now from some downtrodden fans around the league; laugh in their faces down the road.

Since the first of the year, by the way, Kovy is about a point a game player, and a plus player as well.

Archived