Devils Devils!

Dave Dryden

I always thought that's what the Devils were setting up with the Kovy signing. The future. Take a hit now from some downtrodden fans around the league; laugh in their faces down the road.

Since the first of the year, by the way, Kovy is about a point a game player, and a plus player as well.

Any discussion about their future is an interesting one and probably needs to start with their 38 year old goalie. The other big question is obviously Parise. If they could ever get rid of that albatross of a contract that Brian Rolston has left for next year (and no team in their right mind is going to touch that), they would be in decent shape.

I always thought that's what the Devils were setting up with the Kovy signing. The future. Take a hit now from some downtrodden fans around the league; laugh in their faces down the road.

Since the first of the year, by the way, Kovy is about a point a game player, and a plus player as well.

Yeah, at the time I thought the Kovy signing was done to replace the aging star. Moreso a marketing move than an on ice move. Granted, a point per game player is a damned nice on ice move most of the time too.

That is not really a fair statement. There is one guy (OK maybe 2) that are parading NJ's run more loudly than the Sabres 2nd half run. It isn't like a whole bunch of folks jumped on the NJ express.

IMO both teams are doing impressive things. The Sabres had no business even considering the playoffs around Christmas time yet here they are fending off challengers to the 8th spot. NJ had no business dreaming of being out of a lottery spot yet they damn near got into the playoff picture. Both are impressive indeed.

One other thought; NJ's 2nd half run leads me to believe they will be a force to be reckoned with next season.

Just in case people are thinking of me when I have mentioned Jersey, I hate them. I think that they would be a cool story but other than that who cares. After the last few games they are done though. It was to little to late. As for the Sabres run... we might surprise ppl and get a first round upset even though TSN already wrote us off, you never know what the hobbits might do.

Just in case people are thinking of me when I have mentioned Jersey, I hate them. I think that they would be a cool story but other than that who cares. After the last few games they are done though. It was to little to late. As for the Sabres run... we might surprise ppl and get a first round upset even though TSN already wrote us off, you never know what the hobbits might do.

Jersey was done in by Ottawa. Oh the humanity. If they didn't drop two to Ottawa, they would still be an interesting discussion. Of course, they were bound to drop a couple to someone, so maybe it was just the slope of the line of their comeback was really just too steep.

Jersey was done in by Ottawa. Oh the humanity. If they didn't drop two to Ottawa, they would still be an interesting discussion. Of course, they were bound to drop a couple to someone, so maybe it was just the slope of the line of their comeback was really just too steep.

Thats what I meant. To many points missed with to few games left. They dug themselves a really deep whole and any mistake would make them fall back into it. They will be fine next season, and maybe a little scary.

Yep, the worst team in the east gets to take credit for knocking 1 team out of the playoffs. Let's hope the Sabres can notch at least that many on their lumber before the run is over. (My preference being 4 that are actually IN the playoffs, but somehow I don't see that happening THIS year.)

Yep, the worst team in the east gets to take credit for knocking 1 team out of the playoffs. Let's hope the Sabres can notch at least that many on their lumber before the run is over. (My preference being 4 that are actually IN the playoffs, but somehow I don't see that happening THIS year.)

I feel like Ottawa's driving the whole thing. The Rangers were done a couple weeks back. Then they played Ottawa and have done nothing but win since.

I feel like we did that to Atlanta last Saturday. :thumbsup:

Archived