Game Discussion Thread

spndnchz

QFT

Smurf Power!!!

Overall slightly boring game to me. Sabres let them in 2 many times. They played just enough to stay in front. They could have man handled them.

Nice tribute to Rico at the end.

Going to find a baby to eat on Tuesday.

Baby... the other, OTHER white meat!

Just my thoughts from the game; again, I apologize for not reading everything above...

1. EHTRON was ok. There was one through his legs that Miller would have had, but I really like this kid. And if Miller isn't ready--for whatever reason (because I continue to believe, with good basis, that the groin problem is hanging around)--to do serious duty in April, well, ETHRON will be ok.

2. I'm the first to castigate him, and I'll also be quick to note that Connolly played a great game again tonight. He picked up Sekera's mistake and fed it right to Ennis, I mean, right to him, and it's not like everyone expected that pass to go to the forward coming from the FAR side. Really nice cover for Andrej; if Connolly doesn't pick up that puck, it may have been one the wrong way. Credit where it's due. And same for the PK. He HAS stepped up his game the last month or maybe a little more, but it will take more than that for me to think that it's more than a guy playing in a contract year. (Cf. Tallinder, Henrik. Twice.)

3. Since I can finally say this without someone accusing me of blaming the refs for a loss, well, the refs really sucked tonight. Thanks for tilting the ice towards ETHRON. Didn't work. You know, sometimes it's fair to criticize crappy refereeing even when the team loses, too.

4. Those of you who wanted the Sabres to eschew crappy music for a replay of RJ's call on a goal, well, the Sabres listened and it was freaking awesome. Much cooler than listening to <insert crappy hard rock song here>.

5. I love the 2-minute warning bell in the corridors. A lot of us who go to game meet up with friends in the corridors during intermission and talk, and having that bell is perfect. "There's the bell--see you after the game." Terrific adaptation from theater/re to sport.

I LOVE how the sabres are actually listening to fan suggestions. Pretty soon Buffalo will be hockey heaven. The best part of this new era is that they are actually making the "changes" immediately, rather than calling this season a wash and fixing the problems later. We're due for some good, exciting hockey and I believe we're in for a long exciting ride.

I'm buying into what the sabres are selling right now, and it's looking good.

I LOVE how the sabres are actually listening to fan suggestions. Pretty soon Buffalo will be hockey heaven. The best part of this new era is that they are actually making the "changes" immediately, rather than calling this season a wash and fixing the problems later. We're due for some good, exciting hockey and I believe we're in for a long exciting ride.

I'm buying into what the sabres are selling right now, and it's looking good.

It really is awesome. I have to make it to Buffalo soon.....I want to experience it first-hand.

My 2 cents on the game:

1. It wasn't the cleanest game, but they had to win yesterday, both for Rico and to avoid crapping the bed in the playoff race, and they did.

2. I thought Enroth looked pretty shaky, then played much better starting with Ottawa's 5-on-3 in the 2nd period, then let in another softie at the end.

3. Boy, Ottawa has really fallen apart. I have a hard time believing that mumbles won't get canned this summer.

4. I thought it was interesting that Monty got healthy-scratched. I didn't really like how he and Leopold were playing together, but I guess Lindy must be happy with Leopold as he continues to get tons of ice time -- over 26 minutes last night. I was glad to see the Weber-Morrisonn pair reunited and I thought they did OK.

My 2 cents on the game:

1. It wasn't the cleanest game, but they had to win yesterday, both for Rico and to avoid crapping the bed in the playoff race, and they did.

2. I thought Enroth looked pretty shaky, then played much better starting with Ottawa's 5-on-3 in the 2nd period, then let in another softie at the end.

3. Boy, Ottawa has really fallen apart. I have a hard time believing that mumbles won't get canned this summer.

4. I thought it was interesting that Monty got healthy-scratched. I didn't really like how he and Leopold were playing together, but I guess Lindy must be happy with Leopold as he continues to get tons of ice time -- over 26 minutes last night. I was glad to see the Weber-Morrisonn pair reunited and I thought they did OK.

The Leopold-Monty tandem was pretty bad on Saturday, and if you're going to bench one, it makes sense to bench the one who doesn't play the point on the first power play line. But they were equally bad Saturday IMO.

There were some really nice plays tonight from Ennis and Vanek.

But today we also saw that Enroth is backup goalie but not a starter.

Lets hope Miller will become better in the run to the plqyoffs and latest in the playoffs.

LaLaLaFontaine

I don't know, but having a week off between starts tends to get someone a bit rusty.

Archived