Game Discussion Thread

thesportsbuff

On the other hand, the Canes lost, and if the Rangers lose to the Sharks, no biggie for the good guys. The Leafs wanted it more and the Sabres couldn't overcome the lack of Gausted and Stafford. I personally felt putting Hecht between Pommers and Vanek was a mistake. Place Boyes at center on that line and see what happens, Lindy.

Also, if someone would have said the Sabres could get through this trip 4-2-1, you would have taken it, no questions asked, so quit yer belly achin'.

:thumbsup:

Voice of reason.

I would also like to add that Ryan Miller, once again, got outplayed by a backup (or callup). :wallbash:

While it was a really exciting game, it kinda looked like two not very good, but even teams fighting it out.

Connolly on the ice for both of Toronto's 3rd period goals. Nice job, Darcy. Way to hold on to him forever.

Yeah it's all Connollys fault, why don't you blame him for the first 2 also, he was on the bench.

Or better yet maybe if the goalie could make a save. The Leafs goalie was able to make the difficult saves, why can't Miller do it? I know let's just blame Timmy for everything. Give me a break.

At this point they look like they will get more shots in Utah than in this game.

What does that even mean? I was refering to Toronto's weak goalie and hoping they would tie it up. They had some good chances. Toronto was desperate for a win and their D were pinching like crazy early in the game.

Yeah, Toronto is just out playing them right now. They have way more energy and are playing for their season. It's not Miller, just our D that is getting worked over.

There's a full-on Miller witch hunt going on. You should get on board or you'll get run over.

On the other hand, the Canes lost, and if the Rangers lose to the Sharks, no biggie for the good guys. The Leafs wanted it more and the Sabres couldn't overcome the lack of Gausted and Stafford. I personally felt putting Hecht between Pommers and Vanek was a mistake. Place Boyes at center on that line and see what happens, Lindy.

Also, if someone would have said the Sabres could get through this trip 4-2-1, you would have taken it, no questions asked, so quit yer belly achin'.

+1

Yeah it's all Connollys fault, why don't you blame him for the first 2 also, he was on the bench.

Or better yet maybe if the goalie could make a save. The Leafs goalie was able to make the difficult saves, why can't Miller do it? I know let's just blame Timmy for everything. Give me a break.

I'm just trying to figure out if Connolly has helped us or hurt us since the trade deadline, when it was so super important that we hold onto him for the playoff push. He's not even a top 2 center for us at this point.

Disappointing end to an otherwise very good road trip. Just a horrible 3rd period all the way around.

4-2-1. 9 out of 14 points would be an OK road trip. It would be even better if they were a better team at home. Let's hope they figure that out for the rest of the schedule. Hopefully that new rug will help.

I'm just trying to figure out if Connolly has helped us or hurt us since the trade deadline, when it was so super important that we hold onto him for the playoff push. He's not even a top 2 center for us at this point.

With Roy hurt, and if you get rid of Tim, who you got playing center? Buffalo had no choice but to keep him. Get over it and stop blaming him for everything.

Hard to believe but maybe the goalie needs to do his job better or maybe Buffalo needs to improve the goalie position. Enroth!

I agree with the comment about Boyes between Vanek and Pommers, that could be a great combo.

As for the 4-2-1...I said that the Sabres need at least 10 points on this trip...so lets see where we end up at the end of the season.

I think we'll still make it, but since Carolina got by with our loss...the game on Tuesday is that much more important!

Disappointing end to an otherwise very good road trip. Just a horrible 3rd period all the way around.

I felt ashamed watching that.

Poor play, lack of effort, nothing going on...

Miller didnt have a chance on that last goal though.

4-2-1. 9 out of 14 points would be an OK road trip. It would be even better if they were a better team at home. Let's hope they figure that out for the rest of the schedule. Hopefully that new rug will help.

Haha, a 20k rug can't hurt. Maybe it will remind them to keep the passes simple and when in doubt just shoot.

Archived