In the case you missed it....

wallybarthman

I love that it started with Robert walking back in. Hilarious.

But really, they couldn't get an authentic jersey for anyone involved in that yesterday? Let the penny pinching begin.

I agree w/ the comment about Robert. Classic.

Though it looked weird at first, I actually liked that they were wearing the new duds. Kind of symbolically saying that these guys were part of today's team as well. One might even say they were part of the 'current Sabres family' in keeping w/ TP's family theme.

Great video -- thanks for posting.

One suggestion: what would you think about adding the opening 30-second (or however long it was) montage from the broadcast last night? I thought it was awesome -- one of the best pieces of work I've ever seen from the MSG Sabres production.

I agree w/ the comment about Robert. Classic.

Though it looked weird at first, I actually liked that they were wearing the new duds. Kind of symbolically saying that these guys were part of today's team as well. One might even say they were part of the 'current Sabres family' in keeping w/ TP's family theme.

I have no problem with them using the newer jerseys. It had to be thrown together quickly and that's what they have on hand. I just wish they hadn't gone with replica jerseys. I'm sure they had plenty of authentics around and the replicas just look crappy with those size labels and the cuts in the hip area.

I have no problem with them using the newer jerseys. It had to be thrown together quickly and that's what they have on hand. I just wish they hadn't gone with replica jerseys. I'm sure they had plenty of authentics around and the replicas just look crappy with those size labels and the cuts in the hip area.

How many authentics in 11, 14, & 7 do they have sitting around? (It's been a while since I've been in the Sabres' Store looking at sweaters, so I don't know if they have any or not.) If they have them, your point is well taken.

How many authentics in 11, 14, & 7 do they have sitting around? (It's been a while since I've been in the Sabres' Store looking at sweaters, so I don't know if they have any or not.) If they have them, your point is well taken.

If they can quickly throw a name plate and number on a replica, they should be able to do it with the authentics too.

wow...there is so much dust in my apartment.

thanks for posting...wasn't able to watch. actually, i haven't been able to see anything as it happens over the past few weeks, so this forum is really making me feel like a part of the history. thanks so much.

Pegula standing at center ice with his arm around Rene is huge.

Welcome back Rene!

Bucky had an interesting comment in his chat about Rene not only having a problem with ownership, but the Alumni Association and some of its members. I'm sure all Pegula wanted to do was welcome back the guys and make a statement about embracing the past and so on. He might not realize he might have inadvertently taken a side in some strange, backroom, alumni power struggle. You don't want to turn your back on Derek Smith! <_<

Bucky had an interesting comment in his chat about Rene not only having a problem with ownership, but the Alumni Association and some of its members. I'm sure all Pegula wanted to do was welcome back the guys and make a statement about embracing the past and so on. He might not realize he might have inadvertently taken a side in some strange, backroom, alumni power struggle. You don't want to turn your back on Derek Smith! <_<

I know that Rene was alienated from TQ, not sure what was going on with the broader Alums.

Archived