RIVET WAS PLACED ON WAIVERS TODAY!!!!!!!

Steve Phillips

So they want to help him out and find him a place to play, but if no one's going to take him, they're going to keep him within the organization for the rest of the year. I don't blame them for that. Even if he's not playing he's still an asset to the team. Yeah, he doesn't bring much to the table anymore, but they can still get something out of him at some level or in extreme emergency. It's pretty much the same reason we still let d4rksabre still post around here.

So they want to help him out and find him a place to play, but if no one's going to take him, they're going to keep him within the organization for the rest of the year. I don't blame them for that. Even if he's not playing he's still an asset to the team. Yeah, he doesn't bring much to the table anymore, but they can still get something out of him at some level or in extreme emergency. It's pretty much the same reason we still let d4rksabre still post around here.

:w00t: :nana:

Once on re-entry, it'll be seen if a team will take him at half price.

This looks to me like another step by the new ownership regime to demonstrate to the players that they are willing to help them even if it costs extra $$ -- ie instead of stashing Rivet in Portland in case they need him, they are willing to eat half of his salary in order to help him catch on with another team.

This looks to me like another step by the new ownership regime to demonstrate to the players that they are willing to help them even if it costs extra $$ -- ie instead of stashing Rivet in Portland in case they need him, they are willing to eat half of his salary in order to help him catch on with another team.

Hoping he'll catch on at half price.

That's cool.

Their current roster projects to $4.3 million in cap space at the end of the year. Which, according to capgeek.com, equates to the prorated portion of roughly $17.8 million in contracts for this year left under the cap.

http://www.capgeek.com/tracker/team.php?team=8

It was the $17.8M that I wasn't getting. I get it now.

Whoa........gimme Stastny!

Kovalev to pittsburgh...I think things are going to move today.

Darcy's like the last guy in line at the buffet. Once all the crab legs and peel'n'eat shrip are picked over, I'm sure we'll get a fine plate of steamed tofu and some melon balls.

Unless T-Peg springs for the $49 Peking duck.

Whoa........gimme Stastny!

Kovalev to pittsburgh...I think things are going to move today.

Holy mackerel that would be sweet.

Darcy's like the last guy in line at the buffet. Once all the crab legs and peel'n'eat shrip are picked over, I'm sure we'll get a fine plate of steamed tofu and some melon balls.

Unless T-Peg springs for the $49 Peking duck.

There's a new sugar daddy in town. It's gonna be Peking duck as far as the eye can see!

The only question left is whether Brad Richards is #1 and Stastny #2, or is it the other way around?

Holy mackerel that would be sweet.

There's a new sugar daddy in town. It's gonna be Peking duck as far as the eye can see!

The only question left is whether Brad Richards is #1 and Stastny #2, or is it the other way around?

With Roy as a #3 center. The f**king power-play would be amazing. Richards, Stastny, Vanek, Myers and Roy would be sick.

Archived