What will Lindy do?

PASabreFan

We need to break out some of these discussions. It's a little overwhelming right now.

So... what will Lindy do? He said he wants to return, but he is going to be a free agent, after all.

Could some team blow him away with an offer? Could he be ready to get out of town if the place is right. Calgary?

We need to break out some of these discussions. It's a little overwhelming right now.

So... what will Lindy do? He said he wants to return, but he is going to be a free agent, after all.

Could some team blow him away with an offer? Could he be ready to get out of town if the place is right. Calgary?

TP sayeth: "Lindy isn't going anywhere."

Lindy will stayeth.

So it is written.

Nathan Gerbe drilled a hole at center ice today and placed something in it.

http://twitter.com/BillHoppeSabres

Interesting.

Trying anything these days to break the home curse eh?

Holy non sequitur batman!

Could he leave if he gets an outrageous offer, possibly. But such an offer most likely would have to come from a team that has a legitimate chance to make a run at the Stanley Cup.

I think Lindy's first choice is to stay in Buffalo, but he chose not to sign a new contract because he was fed up with what was happening with the team.

If he likes what he's heard from Pegula -- and by that I mean what was discussed in private and not necessarily at the press conference -- I think he'll sign a contract with the Sabres.

I also think -- and I'm probably not too far out on the leafy end of the branch here -- that's not what you want to hear.

Could he leave if he gets an outrageous offer, possibly. But such an offer most likely would have to come from a team that has a legitimate chance to make a run at the Stanley Cup.

I think Lindy's first choice is to stay in Buffalo, but he chose not to sign a new contract because he was fed up with what was happening with the team.

If he likes what he's heard from Pegula -- and by that I mean what was discussed in private and not necessarily at the press conference -- I think he'll sign a contract with the Sabres.

I also think -- and I'm probably not too far out on the leafy end of the branch here -- that's not what you want to hear.

We don't really know why he chose not to sign an extension.

I don't believe Lindy is motivated by money alone. Give him a good contract PLUS a commitment to do everything to build a winner and what more could he ask for? Lindy is a Buffalo guy and it would mean more to win the cup for WNY.

PTR

Assuming TP is a man of his word, and I have no reason to doubt that, he has said he wants LR to coach this team next year. How could somebody make an "outrageous offer" that TP can't meet? He's worth somewhere north of $3.0B (I've seen estimates of his worth being as high as $4.3B.), an extra $500k/year will likely not deter him.

I expect Ruff will be back. If he isn't, there's something behind the scene between LR & DR that we haven't heard about.

Yes sir, thank you sir, may I have another, er contract that is.

Lindy has stated his goal is to win a cup for Bflo so no way he is leaving till he either accomplishes it or wears out his welcome. By the way his non contract signing under LQ and TG sure worked out in his favor for a better contract long term.

I think he meant he doesn't have a contract for next year.

I know, i was being a wiseass. My point is, we have a lot of time before he becomes a free agent and if Pegula wants him to stay, he will, because we've got the commitment and the finance to win. And if anyone heard Pegula speak today, he wants Ruff to stay.

I know, i was being a wiseass. My point is, we have a lot of time before he becomes a free agent and if Pegula wants him to stay, he will, because we've got the commitment and the finance to win. And if anyone heard Pegula speak today, he wants Ruff to stay.

Ruff will sign with the Sabres and for more money. Good for the Sabres and good for Lindy.

I'm excited to see the Sabres finally have the right goal: to win the Stanley Cup!

It will be a great day to see Connolly, Hecht and some of the other overpaids leave town. It will also be great to see some new blood inject life into an underachieving bunch.

I know. Obviously it seems it is up to Ruff if he wants to stay and I'm sure he will.

Lindy says he will die trying to win a Cup here. He's staying. He's already probably told Pegula in their talks over the last week or so. Blank check for Ruff.

That's interesting. Does Ruff have an agent? Unless Lindy's a saint, the cost of keeping him went up today. Not that it matters much, as Taro points out. But what about when it comes time to sign players, when the cap comes into play? Hasn't Terry revealed himself as a bit of a softie here?

Archived