[OT] DiPietro One-Punched

That Aud Smell

What would you call it if Ryan Fitzpatrick and Jay Cutler took off their helmets and Fitz one-punched him?

There's a nice softball as we wait for noon!

"Good news, fans - the Bills are showing signs of life for the first time in weeks!"

"Good news, fans - the Bills are showing signs of life for the first time in weeks!"

And Hayes is trying to hit Vaughn, why wouldn't he? everyone else in the league is.

I dunno I think Vaughn it hanging his right a little low. This could hurt him in the later rounds.

What would you call it if Ryan Fitzpatrick and Jay Cutler took off their helmets and Fitz one-punched him?

is there a decent treatment of this issue in a book? i'd love to read it and figure out, for myself, why fighting in hockey just *seems* different to me than fighting in other sports. part of it, i think, has to do with the fact that they're on skates, on ice. another part of it, i think, is that there is some level of protocol (dare i say it: a CODE :sick:) in hockey fighting. i'm sure yet another part of it is that fighting has been an accepted part of the game since i began watching it as a kid.

know what doesn't wash for me at all? fighting in indoor lacrosse. those bouts just looks like nasty street/bar fights.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fcZsUHg4Z4

indoor lacrosse also provides a far more apt comparison to hockey than football, imo.

I believe it was.

That's why I am torn on this one. I am fine with the DiPietro cheap shot on cooke, simply from the karma "you reap what you sow"/"what goes around comes around" aspects, especially since the announcers said that cooke had hit DiPietro a couple times the last time they played.

I can also understand Johnson sticking up for his teammate, I just wonder how long before the rest of the team gets tired of Cooke's crap and finally smacks him around in the dressing room and tells him to knock off the crap.

And Hayes is trying to hit Vaughn, why wouldn't he? everyone else in the league is.

I dunno I think Vaughn it hanging his right a little low. This could hurt him in the later rounds.

:thumbsup:

Its funny about Cooke. When he was in Vancouver the announcers and sport talk radio guys loved this guy. They called him the cookie monster and believe me when they said it they practically gushed. Now that he's plying that trade for another team they can't distance themselves enough. When they talk about him they say things like 'terrible,lack of respect,no guts,etc.' Its funny in sport how we love our own to the point of being blind to their faults. Its kind of like being a parent that doesn't notice the ugliness of their child.

Archived