spndnchz

23 members have voted

1. 1. pick one

• Byron
    • Ellis
    • Gragnani
    • Adam

his groin is mild

Sounds like the title to a Sundance film.

"They were a close-knit group on the ice, but their bond carried outside of the rink as well....... When the chips were stacked against them, they knew they had each other..... and that's all they had.......... Who's to say what the meaning of true love is?.....Although their powerplay could be denied...their passion for each other couldn't.........Coming this summmer..........Ryan Miller.....Paul Gaustad......Drew Stafford.......Jason Pominville......and a special cameo by Soupy Campbell..................His Groin is Mild

Think so, the dude is turning 28 and has had a few shots with the big club. Looking like a career AHL player.

It's posts like this that make me realize that my lifelong dream of being a pro hockey player is officially over. :cry:

But seriously though, even with all of that, he must be able to add more of an offensive punch than an Ellis call up would. That needs to be the point of this move since it's to fill Stafford's spot, right? I like what Matt Ellis brings, but not on the 2nd line. Who do they bump up to Stafford's slot if someone like Ellis is brought up? McCormick has been the best of the bottom 2 line guys lately, but I have a hard time believing that he can add much if he has to deal with the added attention brought on by playing on a so-called scoring line.

I'd look at the teams you are playing against while he's out. Bruins and Islanders (2). Tough call if you need more physical or more scoring. FWIW Portland's Tuesday game got rescheduled to tonight because of weather so anyone coming up would either be tired or on a plane tonight.

He was born in '85. I am not mathematician but I think that makes him 25 turning 26

Yea, the site I used had 85 but said he was 27. Honestly, didnt stick out in my head.

Anyway, he's an older player who has had a number of chances. 26 is relatively old to be breaking into the national league....not impossible but unlikely.

I think it's a wake up call. Kid thought he had it all, got a shot in the NHL as a rookie and then got lazy.

His numbers don't support that. he was what he is in Oct, Nov, Dec, Jan...

One thing I'd agree with Darcy, most guys need a year or two in the minors.

If Connolly getting traded 4 a second round pick gets another Adam(potential), I'd take it.

I think it's a wake up call. Kid thought he had it all, got a shot in the NHL as a rookie and then got lazy.

You just described the entire roster.

I would rather see the kid get NHL minutes instead of Grier, Neids, Gaustad and Connolly. At least Adam has a chance of developing into a player that can really help this team someday.

Wouldn't it be great if Status Quo just stopped being Status Quo? How about making decisions based on what is best for the franchise and not based on what they are paying which player? Playing Rivet as a 7th d-man instead of a young forward helps who? Not the franchise? It's helps a player wasn't man enough to retire when he should have, three years ago. Sneaking into 8th place, no matter how the year has gone, is not an accomplishment.

You just described the entire roster.

I would rather see the kid get NHL minutes instead of Grier, Neids, Gaustad and Connolly. At least Adam has a chance of developing into a player that can really help this team someday.

Wouldn't it be great if Status Quo just stopped being Status Quo? How about making decisions based on what is best for the franchise and not based on what they are paying which player? Playing Rivet as a 7th d-man instead of a young forward helps who? Not the franchise? It's helps a player wasn't man enough to retire when he should have, three years ago. Sneaking into 8th place, no matter how the year has gone, is not an accomplishment.

I agree about sneaking into 8th and a playoff spot. Imagine playing this Boston squad in the first round with the improvements they've made this year. Or a team like Philly. We're one and out.

I agree about sneaking into 8th and a playoff spot. Imagine playing this Boston squad in the first round with the improvements they've made this year. Or a team like Philly. We're one and out.

I'm not sure how many teams in the league the Sabres can beat in a seven game series.

Archived