Who's in for Stafford?

spndnchz

23 members have voted

1. 1. pick one

• Byron
    • Ellis
    • Gragnani
    • Adam

Doesn't Lindy want to put in the 7th Dman and then have Hecht play on two lines?

very nice.

Lazy isn't it. He would often just get lost, especially with backcheck assignments. You can hide inexperience for only a little while.

Right on, especially in a tight game like last night vs the Habs (and, one suspects, in many more to come this season).

You just described the entire roster.

I would rather see the kid get NHL minutes instead of Grier, Neids, Gaustad and Connolly. At least Adam has a chance of developing into a player that can really help this team someday.

Wouldn't it be great if Status Quo just stopped being Status Quo? How about making decisions based on what is best for the franchise and not based on what they are paying which player? Playing Rivet as a 7th d-man instead of a young forward helps who? Not the franchise? It's helps a player wasn't man enough to retire when he should have, three years ago. Sneaking into 8th place, no matter how the year has gone, is not an accomplishment.

Teams need defensive forwards too. Grier, Niedermayer and Gaustad all played well last night. I still think TC will have a good 2nd half, if only for the FA payday.

If this team produces 54 points in the 2nd half and makes the playoffs, it will be a real accomplishment.

Finally, your point about Rivet is nonsense. Would you have thrown away $10.5MM? Would you have advised your child to do so?

I agree about sneaking into 8th and a playoff spot. Imagine playing this Boston squad in the first round with the improvements they've made this year. Or a team like Philly. We're one and out.

I agree on Philly. Not Boston. They are very beatable.

I'm not sure how many teams in the league the Sabres can beat in a seven game series.

Any team in the EC except Philly and Pittsburgh.

I'd still rather be in than out.

There we go.

Archived