Game Discussion Thread

spndnchz

Where has this game been? Great team defense, blocked shots galore, capitalizing on the scoring chances you get, scoring on the PP, not giving up a PP goal to the #3 ranked PP in the NHL, and Miller with a shutout. Where has this game been? Perfect road game by the Sabres. Why can't these Sabres show up consistently? Miller was absolutely phenomenal tonight, and the team defense in front of him was spectacular. Congrats to Lindy on win #500, all with the Sabres.

Pretty much the whole team played a solid game. MILLER stood on his head a few times there, definitely deserved the shutout. MYERS played one of his better games of the season, the Defense looked good, they moved the puck really well in the 3rd and kept the front of the net open throughout the game. A good win for sure.

Morrisonn gets the second star for 3 blocked shots, while Miller gets the third star for the shutout?! :blink:

Who was the 1st star ?

Never mind, I see MILLER was the 1st and VANEK the 3rd. I was gonna say how could not give the 1st to MILLER.

NIEDEMAYER leads all forwards with even strength time with 18+ min. while STAFFORD and VANEK get 13+.

Where has this game been? Great team defense, blocked shots galore, capitalizing on the scoring chances you get, scoring on the PP...

As I was watching, a realization came over me. This is what a game looks like with effort. Bounces go your way, pucks end up on your sticks, you are in the right position for a goal.

Defensively, they really seemed to make all the right moves. Morrisson and Weber Smothered them. Pominville was a clearing machine on the PK. So glad I watched this one.

There were PP's.

Total ice time

RN - 20:05

DS - 16:10

TV - 15:41

NIEDS leads all forwards in total ice time. PP's or not there is no way that NIEDERMAYER should be getting the most ice time among all forwards and almost all players.

As I was watching, a realization came over me. This is what a game looks like with effort. Bounces go your way, pucks end up on your sticks, you are in the right position for a goal.

Defensively, they really seemed to make all the right moves. Morrisson and Weber Smothered them. Pominville was a clearing machine on the PK. So glad I watched this one.

Wow, I was up at 5 to get some work done and switched this game . Just finisshed at 6.40, really was expecting to be through it in 20 mnutes.

By far, the best game of he year effort wise. That was a fun game to watch. The way Drew one timed that shot/pass back to Vanek just amazed me..that was a pretty hard pass from the point, and he cradled it and passed it all in one motion...beautiful hands on that

Good win for the Sabres, but it should be noted that SJ really didn't show up for this one.

That's fine by me. I didn't watch, but if the Sabres looked like they put forth a better-than-solid effort, I don't care if they played Niagara U. They took advantage and got the 2 points they desperately need.

On to Phoenix....

Miller was phenomenal that period and looked like last year's Vezina Trophy winner. Let's see if he and the Sabres can keep this up in the third. The Sharks came out on fire in the second, controlled zone time, had more shots, and somehow the Sabres score the only goal of the period. They really have something going on that PP with Stafford down low passing to Vanek in the slot for a quick one timer. Good period. Just need to win one more period. I expect the Sharks to again come out on fire and the Sabres have to weather the storm, play patient, and play a good defensive third period.

Thanks Harry! :rolleyes:

Archived