Game Discussion Thread

Cereal

If the Sabres don't do something to convince me otherwise in the first few minutes of the 2nd period, I'm signing off and doing something else tonight. Good grief, guys... I don't care so much if you lose if you're at least TRYING to win.

No.

Please, let's not let this team/coach escape another pathetic performance by blaming the officiating.

C'mon. yes, there was some bad D. But two 5 on 3s when Miller gets run and Vanek gets crosscheck in front of their net. Just stop.

C'mon. yes, there was some bad D. But two 5 on 3s when Miller gets run and Vanek gets crosscheck in front of their net. Just stop.

Miller didn't run.

Do you want to play this game. I can spend the next two periods pointing out penalties that were not called on the Sabres. Gaustad should have a couple more. Let's not be those fans that can't accept how bad this team is and trying to place blame anywhere else but where it belongs.

No.

Please, let's not let this team/coach escape another pathetic performance by blaming the officiating.

No not blaming officiating. Looked high stick thats all.

Those 5-3's were the right call. Nobody is stepping up on the Blueline. Guys standing around not covering anybody.

Miller didn't run.

Do you want to play this game. I can spend the next two periods pointing out penalties that were not called on the Sabres. Gaustad should have a couple more. Let's not be those fans that can't accept how bad this team is and trying to place blame anywhere else but where it belongs.

2Two 5 on 3s? Really? When is the last time you saw that? And how are we a man down after the scrum anyway to allow a 5 on 3 to occur? Do the Sabres suck? Absolutely. And you know that I am one of those people to have said that since the Summer. But that was some horribly one sided officiating in the first. If it ended up 2-0 and Vanek gets that call I wouldn't be saying that.

No not blaming officiating. Looked high stick thats all.

Those 5-3's were the right call. Nobody is stepping up on the Blueline. Guys standing around not covering anybody.

Sorry, I thought you were. It has been a growing theme around here lately.

Unless the Sabres have a major comeback, how do they justify keeping Ruff behind the bench.

2Two 5 on 3s? Really? When is the last time you saw that? And how are we a man down after the scrum anyway to allow a 5 on 3 to occur? Do the Sabres suck? Absolutely. And you know that I am one of those people to have said that since the Summer. But that was some horribly one sided officiating in the first. If it ended up 2-0 and Vanek gets that call I wouldn't be saying that.

Who cares if it's two, three or seven 5 on 3s? None of the calls can be argued. There is no mercy rule in the NHL.

Really! They were deserved. Don't blame the officials. Blame Gaustad.

The officiating wasn't horrible, the Sabres were. If the Sabres aren't ready to give an effort in an important home game it's not the officials job to bail them out.

The officiating wasn't horrible, the Sabres were. If the Sabres aren't ready to give an effort in an important home game it's not the officials job to bail them out.

Of course they were but if they make the call on Vanek then there is no second 5 on 3. I just want to add that if indeed that crosscheck on Vanek is no longer a penalty in the NHL then our D should be killing people in front of our net and that we are truly back to pre lockout hockey. Nice job Old School Blockheads.

Agreeing with DeLuca. It is time for Lindy, Darcy and Larry to go bye bye

Of course they were but if they make the call on Vanek then there is no second 5 on 3. I just want to add that if indeed that crosscheck on Vanek is no longer a penalty in the NHL then our D should be killing people in front of our net and that we are truly back to pre lockout hockey. Nice job Old School Blockheads.

Stop grasping at straws. Is Vanek dead? I see crosschecking all the time in front of the net, in other games. The Sabres have the one of the least physicals defenses/teams in the NHL. Maybe that is why fans think that every time a Sabres is touched it's a penalty.

Archived