Game Discussion Thread

Cereal

Stafford with the puck in the slot. That needs to be buried.

Miller was bad when the team needed him most.

I defended him aggressively all off-season while arguing with some Canucks fans over who is better, Luongo or Miller. I'll finally concede that he's got to be the most over rated hockey player in the league right now.

Stafford with the puck in the slot. That needs to be buried.

Miller was bad when the team needed him most.

Absolutely.

To keep this going though and to piss you off, when a blatant trip leads to the 2 on 1 game winning goal, there is no way you can say officiating didn't effect the outcome of this game.

Anyone worth drafting in the U-17 class? So now that it is established the Sabres will be getting a top 10 pick, anyone out there next year that could be a top 5 the Sabres could go after with a little work. Play Stafford and Connolly more! Hey boys get the winter golf carts out, this team is done...

I would be more concerned about another Lindy Ruff team unprepared to play a game.

This is true, but the four-forward powerplay hasn't worked for Lindy since '06 when Kotalik and Pommer took turns firing cannons from the point. It's the direct cause of at least a couple of the short handed goals allowed this year. If you're going to use it, at least put someone who will produce there. Everytime I see Pominville at the point I want to puke. His slapshot has disappeared and his wrist shot has been weak this year aside from a goal or two -- I just don't get how you put him on the point when you have an offensive defenseman like Leopold, who not only was having a great game, but is in the middle of a pretty good season (pretty sure he's at least tripled pommer's production).

This is true, but the four-forward powerplay hasn't worked for Lindy since '06 when Kotalik and Pommer took turns firing cannons from the point. It's the direct cause of at least a couple of the short handed goals allowed this year. If you're going to use it, at least put someone who will produce there. Everytime I see Pominville at the point I want to puke. His slapshot has disappeared and his wrist shot has been weak this year aside from a goal or two -- I just don't get how you put him on the point when you have an offensive defenseman like Leopold, who not only was having a great game, but is in the middle of a pretty good season (pretty sure he's at least tripled pommer's production).

pominville was on the point in 06? i dont remember that.

Absolutely.

To keep this going though and to piss you off, when a blatant trip leads to the 2 on 1 game winning goal, there is no way you can say officiating didn't effect the outcome of this game.

I can and I will. Miller needs to make the routine save. I'm sure players on both teams have bruises from uncalled hacks and slashes.

The word "trademark" is often used in sports. Is the "trademark" for Lindy Ruff teams being unprepared?

I can and I will. Miller needs to make the routine save. I'm sure players on both teams have bruises from uncalled hacks and slashes.

blah, blah, blah,... it was a trip.

The word "trademark" is often used in sports. Is the "trademark" for Lindy Ruff teams being unprepared?

I couldn't agree more. It's time.

Archived