Connolly's nose

spndnchz

Interesting that Lindy had no problem after the game with the hit that did this to Connolly. One of the all-time ref baiters went silent.This, after the ice bag comment during the black eye incident aftermath. Lindy knows a good scapegoat when he sees one.

Interesting that Lindy had no problem after the game with the hit that did this to Connolly. One of the all-time ref baiters went silent.This, after the ice bag comment during the black eye incident aftermath. Lindy knows a good scapegoat when he sees one.

Or, after watching the replay, he realized that there was absolutely nothing to complain about. Connolly braced himself for a big shoulder-to-shoulder hit, trying to hit back at the same moment, and completely lost.

Maybe he's silently thanking him.

Or, after watching the replay, he realized that there was absolutely nothing to complain about. Connolly braced himself for a big shoulder-to-shoulder hit, trying to hit back at the same moment, and completely lost.

Are you arguing that Connolly put himself in a vulnerable position and thus was "fair game"?

Otherwise, the plays meets the criteria for boarding.

Are you arguing that Connolly put himself in a vulnerable position and thus was "fair game"?

Not at all. Two players were going for the puck, each saw the other and each put his body into the other; Connolly's body just lost. He didn't put himself in a vulnerable position by turning his back toward someone coming at him. Quite the opposite; he turned into the other player.

Not at all. Two players were going for the puck, each saw the other and each put his body into the other; Connolly's body just lost. He didn't put himself in a vulnerable position by turning his back toward someone coming at him. Quite the opposite; he turned into the other player.

Well, Connolly was checked head-first into the boards.

"There is an enormous amount of judgment involved in the application of this rule by the Referees. The onus is on the player applying the check to ensure his opponent is not in a vulnerable position and if so, he must avoid the contact. However, there is also a responsibility on the player with the puck to avoid placing himself in a dangerous and vulnerable position. This balance must be considered by the Referees when applying this rule."

I don't know why it wasn't boarding. Connolly didn't do anything to put himself in a bad spot. And he never had the puck. At the very least it was interference.

Close call, maybe. At the very least, Lindy needs to stand up and defend his player.

Then again, given his comments on the captaincy today, Lindy's not making a whole lot of sense in his public statements lately.

You guys are all pretty crass about TC. Granted he has disapointed but criminty did you see his face? He came back too!! Say what you want but if it was me I might haved just called it a night.

The guy has guts. Can you really blame him for taking TG's $.

Right on. At least he got a bit of support on the ice after the hit. But just a bit. Nothing from the coach. Not much from the fans.

Ole Lindy is more than happy to see Tim in the crosshairs.

Right on. At least he got a bit of support on the ice after the hit. But just a bit. Nothing from the coach. Not much from the fans.

Heavy is the head that wears the crown my friend.

Btw way 10 more games of this Bullspit and I might join your lynchin.

Mixed emotions on this :

As much as I can't stand Lindy, I have a hard time feeling bad about Tim missing more time.

You guys are all pretty crass about TC. Granted he has disapointed but criminty did you see his face? He came back too!! Say what you want but if it was me I might haved just called it a night.

The guy has guts. Can you really blame him for taking TG's $$.

As someone who criticizes Timmy often, that was some tough stuff.

As someone who criticizes Lindy often, I find myself agreeing with this -

I do grow weary of this incessant psychobabble.

I wanted to add my voice to the chorus of cheers for Connolly. It takes guts and special character to come back in the same game and play after you got your nosed smashed to the other side of your face. The guy obviously loves hockey but he's had the worst luck in Buffalo. I feel very bad for him...here's to Connolly. He's no tin man. :clapping:

I do grow weary of this incessant psychobabble.

It's a valid discussion of whether a penalty should have been called. What psychobabble? What the hell are you talking about.

Please -- spare yourself and everyone else and use the ignore feature. I use it to great effect!

It's a valid discussion of whether a penalty should have been called. What psychobabble? What the hell are you talking about.

Please -- spare yourself and everyone else and use the ignore feature. I use it to great effect!

I don't think a penalty should have been called. It was two guys fighting for the puck. One lost. I also think that Timmy did make himself vulnerable.

Also, Lindy complained to the ref for quite a long time afterward. There was no bus under throwing

I don't think a penalty should have been called. It was two guys fighting for the puck. One lost. I also think that Timmy did make himself vulnerable.

Also, Lindy complained to the ref for quite a long time afterward. There was no bus under throwing

He was coming up the boards chasing a puck. Before he could touch the puck, the defenseman was lining him up and Connolly knew it. Connolly put up his arm to brace for a hit, didn't try to hit the Lightning player and was armed head-first into the boards. Connolly was not in possession of the puck so at the least it was interference.

How did Connolly make himself vulnerable beyond a normal hockey play? There are other examples, but as carp points out, most commonly you see boarding not called when a player turns his back and almost invites a hit from behind into the boards.

Since when has he ever let the truth get in the way of an aimless rant? Me thinks he is throwing out controversial points for his own entertainment. His advice about the ignore feature is the best point he has made in months. I think I am going to have to figure out how that works.

Archived