(OT) Hydro Fracking

Tyrannustyrannus

So, Pegula made his Billions by being a pioneer in Hydraulic Fracturing, a pretty awful way to get Natural Gas from the earth with huge environmental Impacts. Lets hope he puts that money to good use for a good cause!

Is this really a issue? You would think the uproar would have started before he made $3 billion. This sounds like the story in Pale Rider. Where Christopher Penn was using hydro cannons to mine gold.

why is this even a thread? i thought this was a buffalo sabres sports board, not a political board...

The potential new owner made his billions by extracting natural gas from the earth. He currently has 350,000+ acres of rights to natural gas in the Marcellus Shale, an area bordered by Penn State and HSBC arena. Fracking is the potentially harmful method of extracting that gas from the shale.

It could appear that the donation to Penn State and the possible purchase of the Sabres is merely a charm offensive so that residents in this area go easier on restrictions to his company in the future.

My take, as a hippie leftist (albeit one who realizes that people need gas and jobs), they are going to frack to get the gas eventually. That is a given. At least he made the effort to give something to the people first. And if we get a couple of Stanley Cups out of it, all the better.

You want inexpensive natural gas? Then you had better get used to more extreme methods of tapping the sources. Same with oil. If you really want to make a statement about fracking then change the energy source you use in your home. As long as you are among the many that demand low cost natrual gas and oil, *you* are drving the demand for production techniques like fracking.

Just sayin'...

IMO fracking techniques have there place. It may not be appropriate for every locale but if we want to continue to pay relatively low prices for heating fuel we are going to have to accept some level of consequence.

The potential new owner made his billions by extracting natural gas from the earth. He currently has 350,000+ acres of rights to natural gas in the Marcellus Shale, an area bordered by Penn State and HSBC arena. Fracking is the potentially harmful method of extracting that gas from the shale.

It could appear that the donation to Penn State and the possible purchase of the Sabres is merely a charm offensive so that residents in this area go easier on restrictions to his company in the future.

My take, as a hippie leftist (albeit one who realizes that people need gas and jobs), they are going to frack to get the gas eventually. That is a given. At least he made the effort to give something to the people first. And if we get a couple of Stanley Cups out of it, all the better.

Yes. I also believe he and his wife started that country music studio to infiltrate the peoples' minds with lots of songs with pro-fracking references. This man is truly diabolical and must be stopped. But we must go slowly here, investigate the right way. I say the hearings should start in, oh, 2029.

Yes. I also believe he and his wife started that country music studio to infiltrate the peoples' minds with lots of songs with pro-fracking references. This man is truly diabolical and must be stopped. But we must go slowly here, investigate the right way. I say the hearings should start in, oh, 2029.

There could be no other explanation for the existence of country music.

There could be no other explanation for the existence of country music.

And they're into representing NFL players too. One of these Sundays their players will unleash their "fracking" touchdown celebration. The whole nation will be doing it. You lie in the end zone, face down, and hump the good Earth.

I would guess many billionaires got to where they are now because of a lot of shady activities and sketchy business practices.

Right. Almost none of them have come up with unique products that consumers wanted or innovative methods of bringing a product to market. :rolleyes: :blink: :wallbash:

Jealousy will get you nowhere.

I believe New York wants to ban the practice. Some rightie types think it's government sticking its nose in people's lives. Those people probably haven't had poisoned flammable water come out of their faucets.

PTR

No, they have, but Rush and Beck have them convinced that it was put there by black people.

Archived