GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

Idk, but I do know it's more enjoyable for me to hear a roaring crowd in the background of the game. Louder when there is s close play or a big hit.

Same here. I really don't need to hear every time a skater changes direction. But MSG thinks I do, so that's what I get to hear. Again, I'm getting sucked in. I can't do this again. I just can't. No more MSG sound discussion for me.

Man to get that 'version' of Hecht back this year, would make a big difference.

Still didn't seem that loud though, Eleven :thumbsup:

I know, follow the freaking discussion...it's not the crowd.

Or look at every post that anyone who has been to a game in the last two years has written on this. Dammit, it's annoying defending the crowd I'm part of....

Not much Ennis in the third period, is he on the bench? Wondering if maybe he was hurt, or if Lindy simply benched him because LA's 2nd goal was somewhat his fault? Or is it just because Connolly/Pommer/Hecht have earned their ice time tonight.

Lindy is quick to bench the goal scorers. That's why Connolly is on the ice so often (yes I know he did score today.)

I know, follow the freaking discussion...it's not the crowd.

Or look at every post that anyone who has been to a game in the last two years has written on this. Dammit, it's annoying defending the crowd I'm part of....

If you read my initial question, I asked if it was actually the television production? I didn't even accuse the crowd of being quiet, it just sounds like it on my ######, non-HD Center Ice feed....that I get out here in New Jersey....as I can't get home to games often...oh, and I just back in to being on this message board this year and didn't have the time to go back through the previous two years' of crowd noise posts...

In your little mind, I suppose so

So, you get to make absurd assertions, but when you contradict yourself (afterall, who wants the biggest bust in Sabres history to have more ice time than the minimum?) you insult others for calling attention to it?

Be a Vanek hater. I dont care, but crying about him not getting enough ice time is a bizarre train of thought.

If you read my initial question, I asked if it was actually the television production? I didn't even accuse the crowd of being quiet, it just sounds like it on my ######, non-HD Center Ice feed....that I get out here in New Jersey....as I can't get home to games often...oh, and I just back in to being on this message board this year and didn't have the time to go back through the previous two years' of crowd noise posts...

I understand. It is the television production. I just get into this every damned game and can't do it anymore.

Check his plus minus before gloat about your stats -9 going into the game. Still is a lazy POS with no heart... Tin Man...

That goal only got him to even for the game.

No, that was a power play goal so it doesn't factor into a +/- rating. He was even at that point because he wasn't on the ice for any LAK goals. Despite both of his points coming on the PP, he was a +1 for the game. So, he was on the ice for 3 out of 4 Buffalo goals and no Los Angeles goals. He certainly deserves criticism, but not for tonight from your biased response.

That was a solid win. We all love to be critics, but that was a solid one tonight against a division leader, with plenty of out-of-town fans in Buffalo. (I don't know why, really, unless Doughty has a billion relatives. Or maybe Dionne's family is in town for T-Day. But I saw more Kings jerseys in the Kings hotel today than I normally see from much closer visiting teams.)

No, that was a power play goal so it doesn't factor into a +/- rating. He was even at that point because he wasn't on the ice for any LAK goals. Despite both of his points coming on the PP, he was a +1 for the game. So, he was on the ice for 3 out of 4 Buffalo goals and no Los Angeles goals. He certainly deserves criticism, but not for tonight from your biased response.

He was on for the first LA goal... check out the stat line later on. I have NHL online and clicked on the stats early on. They had Connolly at -1

Eleven, go get a sandwich.

You gone?

mrjsbu, this has been a hot topic for the better part of two seasons. Lots of media people, including Rick himself, have talked about how quiet the building is. That's coming from generally pro-Sabres people in the building, not watching on TV. Quite a few posters who go to games also have agreed. One of the theories, besides the lackluster play of the team, is that the crowd has become too sanitized, tame and family-oriented.

The eyes also don't deceive. When the Sabres score, you can just see that a lot of people aren't making noise, unless they're trying to do it telepathically.

That said, there's been more life in the crowd the past three or four games, IMHO. Seems like a turning point was the nice ovation for Mike Grier.

He was on for the first LA goal... check out the stat line later on. I have NHL online and clicked on the stats early on. They had Connolly at -1

At this point, though, aren't you just deflating your own argument? Do you really think that first goal was at all Connolly's fault? And if not, then what's it matter if he was a -1?

The +/- is a good stat but at times it can be very misleading.

Not saying this is a huge win, but they had to win. It's like they are in survival mode right now and every point is so desperate. Great job guys!

They better be in survival mode right now. We're already a quarter of the way through the season, and the Sabres have the 4th worst record in the league in terms of points-per-game (only ahead of the Islanders, Devils, and Oilers). Nice to finally get a regulation win, but they still need to come out with a sense of urgency against TB tomorrow night.