GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

Let's start with Tiny Tim and work our way through the rest of the deadwood on the team.

I'll start the list:

1. Lalime

2. Rivet

3. Grier

4. Niedermayer

5. Connolly

Luckily for us, all 5 are UFA's this offseason. The first 4 should retire immediately. Connolly will probably bounce around the league for a few more years.

I'll start the list:

1. Lalime

2. Rivet

3. Grier

4. Niedermayer

5. Connolly

Luckily for us, all 5 are UFA's this offseason. The first 4 should retire immediately. Connolly will probably bounce around the league for a few more years.

I think I have to disagree with Lalime at number 1.....we have an all-world goalie that is going to start 90% of that time. You have to be realistic in the kind of back-up goalie you can get when he knows coming in he will get little playing time. At least in Lalime, you have a guy that the team is 150% behind...

I think I have to disagree with Lalime at number 1.....we have an all-world goalie that is going to start 90% of that time. You have to be realistic in the kind of back-up goalie you can get when he knows coming in he will get little playing time. At least in Lalime, you have a guy that the team is 150% behind...

I understand what you're staying about Sabres support for Lalime, but Enroth should be brought up as a backup to Miller next season. Yes, that's less playing time for Enroth, but it is time for him to be spending time in the NHL. His days in Portalnd should be coming to an end.

I am being quite realistic. Lalime sucks balls. I don't care if the team is 150% behind him. This team is 150% behind Connolly, too. Replace Lalime with Enroth.

I'll start the list:

1. Lalime

2. Rivet

3. Grier

4. Niedermayer

5. Connolly

Personally, I'd like to take out Larry Quinn first and foremost.

But that's not going to happen, so here's my reax:

I'm not so sure about Lalime -- after all, any back-up goalie is a back-up goalie for a reason. And the reason is that he's not good enough to start.

Grier is not the player he was a few years ago, but I think he might have value at one of thoe locker-room rah-rah kind of guys.

As for the other three -- take 'em out back and shoot 'em. And throw in Stafford while you're at it.

If that doesn't do the trick -- take out Morrisonn, Gaustad and Pominville.

If that doesn't

I understand what you're staying about Sabres support for Lalime, but Enroth should be brought up as a backup to Miller next season. Yes, that's less playing time for Enroth, but it is time for him to be spending time in the NHL. His days in Portalnd should be coming to an end.

didn't they also sign a local kid to a minor league contract recently as well?

Personally, I'd like to take out Larry Quinn first and foremost.

But that's not going to happen, so here's my reax:

I'm not so sure about Lalime -- after all, any back-up goalie is a back-up goalie for a reason. And the reason is that he's not good enough to start.

Grier is not the player he was a few years ago, but I think he might have value at one of thoe locker-room rah-rah kind of guys.

As for the other three -- take 'em out back and shoot 'em. And throw in Stafford while you're at it.

If that doesn't do the trick -- take out Morrisonn, Gaustad and Pominville.

If that doesn't

Isn't STAFFORD a UFA also ?

I still move Connolly to number 1, but agree Lalime should move on. Enroth is ready and who know Leggio could be ready for a stint if Enroth isn't. Rivet should coach. Think he would be great at it. Not sure about Grier and Niedermeyer. If it means that the Sabres add Adam and Kassian replace one of those two and either Hecht and or Connolly, I am all for it. But those two young guys probably coming up next year, I would keep one around.