The Official SabreSpace Lindy Ruff thread

Eleven

I heard it was Candian Club.

But yea. Not to ruffle any feathers. I don't wanna go all Nfreeman by chasing off oldwhatshisname but sports writing in general is a dying profession. We even have our own resident sports writer, or did you guys chase that kid off? :unsure:

I got banned from 2BD for insulting Wawrow. Suffice it to say, you don't have to be a good sportswriter to have friends in high places.

http://audio.wgr550.com/m/audio/35172257/11-10-darren-dreger-on-the-howard-simon-show.htm?pageid=28472

Darren Dreger was on WGR's Howard Simon and had tons of praise for Lindy Ruff and pretty much said if it's time to change coaches, it wouldn't be done until summer. They won't fire him mid-season. Among the things Dreger said, once Ruff hits the market, he'd be one of the most wanted coaching candidates in the league. Take it for what its worth.

http://audio.wgr550.com/m/audio/35172257/11-10-darren-dreger-on-the-howard-simon-show.htm?pageid=28472

Darren Dreger was on WGR's Howard Simon and had tons of praise for Lindy Ruff and pretty much said if it's time to change coaches, it wouldn't be done until summer. They won't fire him mid-season. Among the things Dreger said, once Ruff hits the market, he'd be one of the most wanted coaching candidates in the league. Take it for what its worth.

If the Sabres don't win the Cup this season, I don't care if he gets hired within nanoseconds of leaving, he still needs to leave.

If the Sabres don't win the Cup this season, I don't care if he gets hired within nanoseconds of leaving, he still needs to leave.

If he turns this ship around and turns the Sabres into a top 5-6 team, even a first round loss i would still think they'd keep him. But, i agree with your post. I think the time has come and gone, and we need some new blood.

http://audio.wgr550....tm?pageid=28472

I bet he'd be highly desired even if fired in season. Teams would be firing their current coaches left and right just to get a shot at The Man, The Myth, The Legend.

http://audio.wgr550....tm?pageid=28472

IMO he deserves to leave. Not because he sucks but because he deserves to win one.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not saying it should happen, but tonight's loss just got me thinking. Is there a low that this team could hit that would lead to Lindy's dismissal? How bad would it have to get for him to be let go mid-season? Or is he untouchable?

Just curious what people thought cuz IMO, game one against Ottawa and the game against Washington are the only wins this year that have had any meaning. If they are not going to the playoffs as it looks like they are not, I don't want to waste another full season watching this brand of hockey and want him gone as soon as possible. I don't care if it's Darcy's fault or the players'. I want to see something different from my team. This is the fourth year in a row that I've seen this season.

I think the team would have to be in the shitter and completely out of contention for a playoff spot for there to be a serious midseason change.

THAT wouldn't even change anything. Remember, what we're talking about is Larry getting a call from Tommy the Hijacker and then actually coming down to HSBC and doing something.

The absolute ONLY thing that would force that to happen is a SEVERE drop in revenue. Nothing short of that will make Tommy pay any attention at all.

Too many Chet and Muffys to let that happen.

Archived