Lindy threatens benchings (again)

PASabreFan

More smoke blowing from the coach's jumbotron?

Sabres Edge blog:

"There will be decisions. We’re at the desperation time, where the guys will have to play their best. Tyler Myers is going to have to play a stronger game. We need our six that are playing, you’ve got to play well because otherwise you’re going to have to go with who’s playing the best."

How has montador escaped all criticism thus far? He takes dumb penalties at worse times and is terrible defensively.

He may not be pretty to watch, but he was +9 going into last night's game (surprisingly), which is a lot better than Myers right now.

Edit: +8 now, vs Myers at -9

http://sabres.nhl.com/club/stats.htm?gameType=2&season=20102011&srt=pm

Sabres Edge blog:

"There will be decisions. We’re at the desperation time, where the guys will have to play their best. Tyler Myers is going to have to play a stronger game. We need our six that are playing, you’ve got to play well because otherwise you’re going to have to go with who’s playing the best."

Seven of the eight defensemen know what a joke this statement is. No player in that locker-room will take it seriously until Rivet is a healthy scratch.

How has montador escaped all criticism thus far? He takes dumb penalties at worse times and is terrible defensively.

Montador and Shakira have the best SA - SF differential of all Sabres d-men, top 15 or so in the league IIRC. Until someone else, offensively or defensively performs better he's no one whipping boy.

Hey, he already benched Sekera for whatever reason. Maybe to appease the ignorant Euro-Hate crowd? That 'message' really paid off last night! :rolleyes:

Shakira's hurt, something with his hand.

Empty threats do more harm than good. Lindy said the same things last year and nothing happened. The players all know he doesn't mean it when he says it, as do all of the fans. I hope he makes me eat my words, but there are a handful of people I would love not to play (Connolly for sure) that will keep playing no matter what.

Hey, he already benched Sekera for whatever reason. Maybe to appease the ignorant Euro-Hate crowd? That 'message' really paid off last night! :rolleyes:

Ya. I sure thought so when I saw Weber stand some guy up in our end who coughed the puck up because of the thud he got from Weber and we quickly moved it out of our end. You know something that that particular euro cannot do. Hit somebody and make them lose the puck instead getting hit and giving the puck up.

But oh la la he's so smooth when he skates I know I know. Hey look there goes the puck!

It's not anti euro from me. I have perhaps even less use for Butler than I do snakira.

Though this may not be saying much at all, Steve Montador has been our best defenseman this season.

Though this may not be saying much at all, Steve Montador has been our best defenseman this season.

The guy was unfairly criticized here last year, and it just carries over. He's fine. But he did piss me off last night when he couldn't keep it in the zone.

If I recall correctly didn't Lindy himself object to being benched while he was Sabres captain? Rivet may sit during a game, but he will dress as long as he's able.

Than Ruff should be fired on that point alone. If you are not dressing the best available players every night than you are not committed to winning.

If I recall correctly didn't Lindy himself object to being benched while he was Sabres captain? Rivet may sit during a game, but he will dress as long as he's able.

That's how the story goes. I don't think he's ever come out and said he'd never bench his captain, for that reason.

Lindy said at the time a piece had been "ripped right out of him." He'd been a Sabre for about 10 years and apparently was unhappy enough that he was traded at the deadline not long after being benched.

I find it hard to believe Rivet would take it that badly.

That's how the story goes. I don't think he's ever come out and said he'd never bench his captain, for that reason.

Lindy said at the time a piece had been "ripped right out of him." He'd been a Sabre for about 10 years and apparently was unhappy enough that he was traded at the deadline not long after being benched.

I find it hard to believe Rivet would take it that badly.

Rivet is older than Lindy was when Lindy was benched, and will be benched for different reasons, and I think you're right: he won't take it as badly. Hopefully, neither will the team.

Start making some GDamn trades Darcy. Forwards and D men. I don't care anymore, this team is mediocre at best. 40 years and counting....

Just my opinion, but I'm still not completely convinced that this team is mediocre, at least in terms of personnel. But in terms of effort and execution, they're mediocre AT BEST. Regardless of the system or the promise some of these guys hold, we're pretty much at the point where action needs to be taken. Either the current roster just isn't getting it -OR- they are getting it, but what they're getting leads to 50%-60% effort each night. Either way, it would be refreshing to see a limit to the seemingly Job-like patience shown by the front office here. Heck, start slashing and start playing the youth, ala Colorado. Truly reward effort and truly punish a lack thereof.

Sabres Edge blog:

Why not try benching Lindy and see what happens?

Getting so sick of this guy and his idle threats. Ever wonder where these guys learned to say all the right things, and then proceed to do a full 180 on the ice? Look no further than Lindy "I'll bench my stars, no not really" Ruff.

If ever there was any doubt that he lost the room a long time ago, it should be wiped away now.

Start making some GDamn trades Darcy. Forwards and D men. I don't care anymore, this team is mediocre at best. 40 years and counting..... FU%K!!!!!!!!! I can't take it anymore!

But, but... "we like our players"... "it is hard to make trades in this league"... "we need to execute better"... [insert Darcy-ism here]

Why not try benching Lindy and see what happens?

Getting so sick of this guy and his idle threats. Ever wonder where these guys learned to say all the right things, and then proceed to do a full 180 on the ice? Look no further than Lindy "I'll bench my stars, no not really" Ruff.

If ever there was any doubt that he lost the room a long time ago, it should be wiped away now.

how are they idle? He has benched players. Theres a diff between bench and scratch. You can only scratch so many players well bc you actually have to suit some up to play and roster sizes are limited.

Its not like Lindy can bench everyone at once.

Archived