New center ice logo at HSBC Arena

Two or less

I don't want to start a new thread for this, but it's rink related, so here goes. I watched the game last night on the NHL Network and noticed immediately that there were no ads on the boards. Quite a ways into the game, the commentators mentioned it, but didn't offer any explanation.

Does anyone know why the ads went away? Is this just a Buffalo thing? Will there be new ads there when the season starts?

Just curious.

I don't want to start a new thread for this, but it's rink related, so here goes. I watched the game last night on the NHL Network and noticed immediately that there were no ads on the boards. Quite a ways into the game, the commentators mentioned it, but didn't offer any explanation.

Does anyone know why the ads went away? Is this just a Buffalo thing? Will there be new ads there when the season starts?

Just curious.

I wish it would stay like that. The way it used to be, but I would guarantee you it is simply finalizing contracts or soomething of that nature cause there aint NO WAY a team will give up that revenue.

Just curious.

Probably will be up by season's start. I doubt anyone wanted to pay extra to advertise at an untelevised (in the local market, anyway) game.

Th real question: were the slugs off of the Jumbotron yet?

Just curious.

I've been getting in trouble for making blanket statements like this, but I don't think the ads have ever been on the boards for preseason games in Buffalo. And they've always been up in time for the regular season opener.

Probably will be up by season's start. I doubt anyone wanted to pay extra to advertise at an untelevised (in the local market, anyway) game.

The only slugs I heard mentioned was the one on the carpet for Dougie.

No, they are still there... they still have a couple weeks to get rid of them.

on a related note... did anyone else notice how some of the graphics used on "Leafs TV" still had the slug and sometimes it didn't? I really hope everyone changes all the graphics over when the regular season starts... I remember the first game after we changed to the slug that was aired on VS... they still had the demonic goat head on the on-screen scoreboard for the whole game... little things like that annoy the crap out of me!

My brother was there and told me that they were still on the jumbotron. He also said that they put in a new store or two on the 100 level that has a doorway arch made out of slugs. Strange.

Not really strange at all. The slug shall return.

I have it on good authority (don't you hate when people on the internet say that) that it will not return any time soon, but may take more than the next week to completely fade away (specifically, we may have to live with the Jumbotron slugs this season.)

I've been getting in trouble for making blanket statements like this, but I don't think the ads have ever been on the boards for preseason games in Buffalo. And they've always been up in time for the regular season opener.

I think for most preseason games they don't have them on yet. Maybe the last one or so they might. Probably depends when the preseason games occur compared to when the regular season start.

Archived