New center ice logo at HSBC Arena

Two or less

Hate the Stars.

Doesn't everyone know they're in HSBC Arena?

Don't like the year there either, but I can live with it. Iconic logo -- quit messing with it.

I think you could manage to complain about winning the lottery.

"Franklin's head isn't big enough on this 100 dollar bill. Why'd they change the design of this, the original was classic!"

Hate the Stars.

Don't like the year there either, but I can live with it. Iconic logo -- quit messing with it.

They had to get Stars on the ice some way. If they couldn't get it done in free agency this was plan B.

I'll get to caring about uniform and logo changes when this franchise gets serious about make the changes to the uniform that matter most. The names on the back are what need to be changed and that is are all I care about.

Hate the Stars.

The stars are kind of dumb (unless they had those back in 1970). They couldn't put something team specific in the red line instead?

I think you could manage to complain about winning the lottery.

"Franklin's head isn't big enough on this 100 dollar bill. Why'd they change the design of this, the original was classic!"

Unless this center logo is the center logo equivalent of winning the lottery, not sure what the point is.

Really, it's OK to not like stars in the red line.

I thought maybe they'd have to get league approval to do that, but apparently not.

"There shall also be a line, twelve inches (12'') in width and red in

color, drawn completely across the rink in center ice, parallel with the

goal lines and continued vertically up the side of the boards, known as

the “CENTER LINE.” This line shall contain regular interval markings

of a uniform distinctive design, which will readily distinguish it from the

two blue lines, the outer edges of which must be continuous. (Paint

code PMS 186.)"

Only in the NHL would making a line red be not enough to distinguish it from a line that's blue.

Wonder if the stars continue up the boards?

Unless this center logo is the center logo equivalent of winning the lottery, not sure what the point is.

Really, it's OK to not like stars in the red line.

I thought maybe they'd have to get league approval to do that, but apparently not.

"There shall also be a line, twelve inches (12'') in width and red in

color, drawn completely across the rink in center ice, parallel with the

goal lines and continued vertically up the side of the boards, known as

the “CENTER LINE.” This line shall contain regular interval markings

of a uniform distinctive design, which will readily distinguish it from the

two blue lines, the outer edges of which must be continuous. (Paint

code PMS 186.)"

Only in the NHL would making a line red be not enough to distinguish it from a line that's blue.

Wonder if the stars continue up the boards?

I would guess that rule has been in place since the black and white tv days. I do wish there was some website out there that documented all the red line designs out there. Some teams use some really interesting stuff and it's a nice little touch.

I would guess that rule has been in place since the black and white tv days. I do wish there was some website out there that documented all the red line designs out there. Some teams use some really interesting stuff and it's a nice little touch.

Good point about the b/w. Never thought of it. Even I can't remember watching hockey in b/w.

Weird. I don't think I've ever noticed any designs on the red line.

I'd hate to see it go corporate. Swoosh etc.

They had to get Stars on the ice some way. If they couldn't get it done in free agency this was plan B.

I'll get to caring about uniform and logo changes when this franchise gets serious about make the changes to the uniform that matter most. The names on the back are what need to be changed and that is are all I care about.

That's funny! Unfortunately very true. We don't need changes to the uniform, we need changes in the uniform's contents.

I was thinking of color-blind players being able to tell the difference between the two.

Good point about the b/w. Never thought of it. Even I can't remember watching hockey in b/w.

Weird. I don't think I've ever noticed any designs on the red line.

I'd hate to see it go corporate. Swoosh etc.

It's something you could easily miss unless you're sitting over the red line. I'm looking at some distant shots of BU's arena right now and even though I know they have a dog paw design on their red line, based on these pictures I would think that it's the standard red line design.

I think it looks pretty sharp. I thought it looked great last year, too, but I suppose a change to pay tribute to the 40 year anniversary can be accepted. Like has been mentioned, not a huge fan of the 19 70 on there, but whatever. I think the stars look alright. I think they're better than the flag-like leafs that Toronto is using (see below). Maybe something more relative to our team would be better suited but I can't think of anything that would be appropriate.

post-770-063658600 1284337926_thumb.jpg

Not all that many interesting designs in the NHL -- here's a link. God Bless the Internets! http://www.uniwatchblog.com/2009/10/21/seeing-red-in-all-its-wide-variety/

Yep, sure enough, Dallas uses stars and so do the Capitals. Still don't get the reference in Buffalo, except the anniversary graphic look (as seen on sabres.com) has stars in it, and they want to keep that motif going.

Not all that many interesting designs in the NHL -- here's a link. God Bless the Internets! http://www.uniwatchblog.com/2009/10/21/seeing-red-in-all-its-wide-variety/

Yep, sure enough, Dallas uses stars and so do the Capitals. Still don't get the reference in Buffalo, except the anniversary graphic look (as seen on sabres.com) has stars in it, and they want to keep that motif going.

Hey, look at that. I was right about the black and white thing. There's a first.

Archived