Darcy's done?

PASabreFan

"We're fairly close to being set," Regier said. "There might be one or two things that maybe if we can do it, we will. Right now, we'll start gearing up for training camp."

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/sabres-nhl/article85329.ece

I'm tempted to add the "poker face" caveat, but Darcy's record when he says stuff like this is almost perfect. No bluff, he's done.

Meh... I still think he's placed some "offers" on some team's plates for trades.

He's probably as confident as the rest of us are in terms of teams actually WANTING a guy like Stafford, though. Also, while packaging a couple of other guys with Stafford would be the way to go, we all know that Darcy holds many on this team as voices for his "legacy".

I think we're at the point of hoping a Darcy offer is enough to bring back some talent, and praying a GM out there is willing to take a gamble on a guy like Stafford. I Don't see much else happening.

"We're fairly close to being set," Regier said. "There might be one or two things that maybe if we can do it, we will. Right now, we'll start gearing up for training camp."

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/sabres-nhl/article85329.ece

I'm tempted to add the "poker face" caveat, but Darcy's record when he says stuff like this is almost perfect. No bluff, he's done.

He has a great job. His off-season "moves" took about what, maybe 10-15 minutes to accomplish? If there is a person in this world with a easier job than Regier I would like to meet them. To be able to go to work every day and accomplish nothing and yet have no fear of being fired has to be a great feeling. Regier is the GW of the NHL.

Meh... I still think he's placed some "offers" on some team's plates for trades.

He's probably as confident as the rest of us are in terms of teams actually WANTING a guy like Stafford, though. Also, while packaging a couple of other guys with Stafford would be the way to go, we all know that Darcy holds many on this team as voices for his "legacy".

I think we're at the point of hoping a Darcy offer is enough to bring back some talent, and praying a GM out there is willing to take a gamble on a guy like Stafford. I Don't see much else happening.

Seeing your screen name I thought of a great poll that WGR may want to use. Who has accomplished less? Regier or Buddy Nix? It's really a tough call. The Bills are facing a potential 0-16 and the Sabres are a Miller injury away from dropping from division winner to lottery hopeful.

All I can say is.................Thank God this is Darcy and Lindy's last season in Buffalo.

Although, For Lindy it must be bitter sweet. Injuries collapsed his chance for a Cup and then his GM throws him under the bus by standing pat.

Well, my next posted topic, which I will start come tomorrow will focus squarely on who is the Buffalo Sabres Coach and GM at the start of the 2011/2012 season.

Darcy was right about one thing, changes are coming...........I only wish they had happened much sooner than this.

All I can say is.................Thank God this is Darcy and Lindy's last season in Buffalo.

Although, For Lindy it must be bitter sweet. Injuries collapsed his chance for a Cup and then his GM throws him under the bus by standing pat.

Well, my next posted topic, which I will start come tomorrow will focus squarely on who is the Buffalo Sabres Coach and GM at the start of the 2011/2012 season.

Darcy was right about one thing, changes are coming...........I only wish they had happened much sooner than this.

Not a chance in hell. :wallbash:

Regier has become so predictable after 12 seasons that we probably could have tuned out for the offseason and the team would come back with essentially the same line-up plus or minus a couple of fringe type pieces. What exactly were we expecting to happen from this guy? I actually held out hope that after the pathetic showing in the playoffs there might be signifigant changes. My bad. I see no improvement and based on developements so far and historically, I have no reason to believe he's got something in the works.

Seeing your screen name I thought of a great poll that WGR may want to use. Who has accomplished less? Regier or Buddy Nix? It's really a tough call. The Bills are facing a potential 0-16 and the Sabres are a Miller injury away from dropping from division winner to lottery hopeful.

You don't truly believe that, do you?

Regier has become so predictable after 12 seasons that we probably could have tuned out for the offseason and the team would come back with essentially the same line-up plus or minus a couple of fringe type pieces. What exactly were we expecting to happen from this guy? I actually held out hope that after the pathetic showing in the playoffs there might be signifigant changes. My bad. I see no improvement and based on developements so far and historically, I have no reason to believe he's got something in the works.

This goes the the often asked question I get "why are you a fan?" Because I hope for the day that Regier finally gets it or the day Regier is fired. Both represent this franchises first step towards being a Stanley Cup contender.

Kaberle is most likely coming to Buffalo.

There is no way Burke turns down Stafford and Butler/Sekera.

Thats a good deal for 1 year of Kaberle.

I'm calling it now. Kaberle will be a Sabre on or before Aug. 15th. Just a strong hunch on this one.

Past that, I see no help for the top 6 outside of Ennis.

I can see Vanek going to the RW on line 1. The rest will be much of the same.

Here is my predicted line up (with and without Kaberle trade).

Without Kaberle

Vanek-Roy-Stafford

Ennis-Connolly-Pomminstein

Hecht-Niedermayer-Grier

McCormick-Gaustad-Kaleta

Kennedy, Gerbe

Rivet-Sekera/Butler

Myers-Leopold

Montador-Weber

Miller

Lalaime

With Kaberle

Ennis-Roy-Vanek

Hecht-Connolly-Pomminstein

Kennedy-Niedermayer-Grier

McCormick-Gaustad-Kaleta

Gerbe

Myers-Kaberle

Rivet-Leopold

Montador-Weber/(Sekera/Butler which ever one isn't traded)

Miller

Lalaime

Is anyone else noticing the difference here from the with and without lists?

As you can clearly see, a move is coming, the without Kaberle list clearly shows an over abundance of not only forwards, but young defensemen as well. Lets not forget here, Darcy made the statement both towards the end of the regular season and in the off season that he felt "BOTH" Weber "AND" Gragnani would be pushing for playing time with the big club.

I can see at the very least 1 forward and 1 young d man being moved, could be even more depending on what is coming back. Just MHO.

I do. 100%. The Bills roster is full of CFL level talent including the entire groups of QB's, Wr's (Lee Evans is the exception) and linebacker. Their D-Line couldn't stop the run if they got a NFL exception and where allowed to play every D-Lineman on the roster and have count as three players.

After watching that fiasco against Cleveland, and realizing they are switching to a 3-4 defense, Absolutely I can see the Bills going 0-16. We need a QB on this team. One that will be a General on the battlefield. None of the current QB's has ever shown any indication of a champions courage and confidence. Not a good sign at all.

Kaberle is most likely coming to Buffalo.

There is no way Burke turns down Stafford and Butler/Sekera.

Thats a good deal for 1 year of Kaberle.

I'm calling it now. Kaberle will be a Sabre on or before Aug. 15th. Just a strong hunch on this one.

Past that, I see no help for the top 6 outside of Ennis.

I can see Vanek going to the RW on line 1. The rest will be much of the same.

Here is my predicted line up (with and without Kaberle trade).

Without Kaberle

Vanek-Roy-Stafford

Ennis-Connolly-Pomminstein

Hecht-Niedermayer-Grier

McCormick-Gaustad-Kaleta

Kennedy, Gerbe

Rivet-Sekera/Butler

Myers-Leopold

Montador-Weber

Miller

Lalaime

With Kaberle

Ennis-Roy-Vanek

Hecht-Connolly-Pomminstein

Kennedy-Niedermayer-Grier

McCormick-Gaustad-Kaleta

Gerbe

Myers-Kaberle

Rivet-Leopold

Montador-Weber/(Sekera/Butler which ever one isn't traded)

Miller

Lalaime

Is anyone else noticing the difference here from the with and without lists?

As you can clearly see, a move is coming, the without Kaberle list clearly shows an over abundance of not only forwards, but young defensemen as well. Lets not forget here, Darcy made the statement both towards the end of the regular season and in the off season that he felt "BOTH" Weber "AND" Gragnani would be pushing for playing time with the big club.

I can see at the very least 1 forward and 1 young d man being moved, could be even more depending on what is coming back. Just MHO.

Kaberle would improve the Sabres defense 100x's over. I just can't imagine that no other team couldn't out bid a Stafford. Stafford is a big pu$$y and doesn't fit what Burke is trying to do in Toronto. A Kaberle deal doesn't get done without a Roy or maybe a Gaustad with Burke believing that his training staff can re-attach Gaustad's ballz.

Kaberle would improve the Sabres defense 100x's over. I just can't imagine that no other team couldn't out bid a Stafford. Stafford is a big pu$$y and doesn't fit what Burke is trying to do in Toronto. A Kaberle deal doesn't get done without a Roy or maybe a Gaustad with Burke believing that his training staff can re-attach Gaustad's ballz.

I would normally agree. But Burke has not yet received a better offer than what Buffalo gave him. Dregger hinted at it in a tweet weeks ago and the Toronto media (print and radio) have all stated Stafford has the size they are looking for upfront on the right.

I have yet to hear anything different in over a month now. It was confirmed that the 4 teams that made offers are being offered a chance to up their anty for Kaberle, but Burke is no fool. If he can't get someone to beat what Buffalo is offering, he'll take it. He just cannot afford to let Kaberle walk at the end of this season, and don't kid yourself, Kaberle just watched 2/3 of his teammates shipped out or not resigned, he's out of Toronto for sure. His relationship with Wilson is on thin ice, as it were.

Nope, I standby my conviction that Darcy lands Kaberle.

I would normally agree. But Burke has not yet received a better offer than what Buffalo gave him. Dregger hinted at it in a tweet weeks ago and the Toronto media (print and radio) have all stated Stafford has the size they are looking for upfront on the right.

I have yet to hear anything different in over a month now. It was confirmed that the 4 teams that made offers are being offered a chance to up their anty for Kaberle, but Burke is no fool. If he can't get someone to beat what Buffalo is offering, he'll take it. He just cannot afford to let Kaberle walk at the end of this season, and don't kid yourself, Kaberle just watched 2/3 of his teammates shipped out or not resigned, he's out of Toronto for sure. His relationship with Wilson is on thin ice, as it were.

Nope, I standby my conviction that Darcy lands Kaberle.

As Sabres fans know all to well size does not equal heart.

As Sabres fans know all to well size does not equal heart.

I don't disagree with you at all DeLuca, but the facts are as follows.

1. 4 teams were in on Kaberle, believed to be LA, Buffalo, Boston and NJ

2. Boston and NJ have cap issues, Kaberle is a distant memory for them

3. LA isn't going to happen, the Toronto media already indicated it wasn't on Kaberle's list of 10

4. Buffalo's offer is a decent one and Kaberle wants his family to stay close to Toronto, a good fit for both parties.

Now this is not to say NJ or Boston couldn't clear up cap space, but I don't see it happening.

Looks like the field is narrowing all the time. Wouldn't you agree?

I don't disagree with you at all DeLuca, but the facts are as follows.

1. 4 teams were in on Kaberle, believed to be LA, Buffalo, Boston and NJ

2. Boston and NJ have cap issues, Kaberle is a distant memory for them

3. LA isn't going to happen, the Toronto media already indicated it wasn't on Kaberle's list of 10

4. Buffalo's offer is a decent one and Kaberle wants his family to stay close to Toronto, a good fit for both parties.

Now this is not to say NJ or Boston couldn't clear up cap space, but I don't see it happening.

Looks like the field is narrowing all the time. Wouldn't you agree?

I don't. I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up in New Jersey or Boston. Good GM's find a way to get things done. Bad GM's end up with Leopold and Scott's brother.

I don't. I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up in New Jersey or Boston. Good GM's find a way to get things done. Bad GM's end up with Leopold and Scott's brother.

Lmao! Season has yet to start, but this may be the best post of the year. :worthy:

You know these assclowns will be offerede extensions for the millionth time.

They're here for as long as Larry the Moron and OSP are running things.

Classic, this post goes in my sig DeLuca, this was a great response, and well done sir, well done.

P.S. don't take my optimism as support for Darcy and his rag tag ways, I'm just trying to be as optimistic as I can given the circumstances of the current FUBAR situation. :thumbsup:

Stafford doesn't play mean, but has come to the aid of teammates in the past (most notably during the Drury-Neil hubbub). I wouldn't be shocked to find there is at minimum 1 GM/coaching tandem that is convinced THEY can get him to play with a mean streak.

Burke could believe that Stafford would join the band if surrounded by thugs. Or he could believe that Stafford playing soft but surrounded by other big bodies isn't as big of an issue for his team as it may be for others (read the Sabres).

I'd be surprised, but not shocked, if a deal including Stafford happened. I still haven't gotten to the point that I believe the Sabres have their lineup set (I've been avoiding the Darcy audiovault stuff to allow myself to keep believing) and do believe they are still looking for 1 or 2 more pieces.

More towards Static, playing the "what if" game, I'd expect that if the Sabres did get Kaberle, he'd be paired w/ Rivet and Leopold ends up w/ Myers.

I think both the Bills and the Sabres will be better this year than they were last year.

This goes the the often asked question I get "why are you a fan?" Because I hope for the day that Regier finally gets it or the day Regier is fired. Both represent this franchises first step towards being a Stanley Cup contender.

The Sabres as built by DR were cup contenders in '06 and '07.

You know these assclowns will be offerede extensions for the millionth time.

They're here for as long as Larry the Moron and OSP are running things.

Sounds like Merv Griffin has been resurrected from the grave... <_<

Archived