Darcy's done?

PASabreFan

This goes the the often asked question I get "why are you a fan?" Because I hope for the day that Regier finally gets it or the day Regier is fired. Both represent this franchises first step towards being a Stanley Cup contender.

And until that day comes you'll continue to come here to whine about Darcy Regier being Darcy Regier.

Static 70 is Buffalo's own personal Eklund... Darcy and Lindy gone after this season (S5). Buffalo has top offer for Kaberle (S4). <_<

Thank you, Thank you.

Now, if you all visit my website atleast 50 times a day I would be more than happy to use my Eklund...........err, Staticlund generator to give you the inside hockey scoops you all need.

Staticlund booble head dolls will be going on sale at the start of the season. $19.95, Does Not Include Shipping And Handling

:nana:

Thank you, Thank you.

Now, if you all visit my website atleast 50 times a day I would be more than happy to use my Eklund...........err, Staticlund generator to give you the inside hockey scoops you all need.

Staticlund booble head dolls will be going on sale at the start of the season. $19.95, Does Not Include Shipping And Handling

:nana:

Don't forget the $20 yearly membership for the "Which UFAs is Buffalo Targeting" chart :thumbsup:

You know these assclowns will be offerede extensions for the millionth time.

They're here for as long as Larry the Moron and OSP are running things.

This is another story the lazy Buffalo "media" isn't following. LQ said he wanted to extend Ruff. Ruff was asked fairly recently about it (after development camp, I'm pretty sure), and he said he didn't want to think about it or look at or something to that effect. He said he just wanted to relax. Hopefully he finally comes to his senses and plays out the string. Even better, he starts 2-21-3 and gets canned.

Don't forget the $20 yearly membership for the "Which UFAs is Buffalo Targeting" chart :thumbsup:

Oh snap! Great idea, by the way, we need a Sabres Blogger to write the articles. You interested? The job pays nothing, but hey, atleast you get a free bobble head :thumbsup:

Wheeler has signed with Boston.

Early indications are Ryder or Savard are on their way out of Boston for cap compliance.

I have to wonder, with the length on Savards contract, is he movable at all? Thoughts on this?

Also, can't Ryder just be dumped to the AHL, or no?

This is another story the lazy Buffalo "media" isn't following. LQ said he wanted to extend Ruff. Ruff was asked fairly recently about it (after development camp, I'm pretty sure), and he said he didn't want to think about it or look at or something to that effect. He said he just wanted to relax. Hopefully he finally comes to his senses and plays out the string. Even better, he starts 2-21-3 and gets canned.

I can't believe any Sabres fan would say something like this. Get your priorities straight, old man.

I have to wonder, with the length on Savards contract, is he movable at all? Thoughts on this?

I'm having a hard time verifying whether Savard has a "no movement" or "no trade" clause. If it's the latter, then I would have no problem with taking on Savard's contract. A $4 million hit for one of the better playmakers in the league? Obviously, any lagging effects of Cooke's elbow last year are a concern, but in the four previous seasons, he had 60+ assists and was over a PPG player. I would love to find out what Vanek could do on his wing. Plus, he has one of those front-weighted contracts that all the other GM's are "cheating" the CBA with. After four or five years, if he's no longer productive enough for his $4 million hit, he can be demoted to the AHL (which is why I'd do it with a NTC, but probably not with a NMC*) for a very low amount ($1.5 million for the fifth season and basically the league minimum for the final two.)

* with a NMC, it becomes retire or buyout. The cash value of a buyout would be very low ($283k for six years if bought out after four seasons or $175k if bought out after five), but because the contract is front loaded, those final two seasons (sixth and seventh) would actually still have a cap hit close to $4 million ($3.765 million if bought out after four seasons or $3.657 million if bought out after five seasons) and if bought out after four seasons, the fifth year would still have a cap hit of $2.79 million. Here are the details:

post-1053-043097100 1280500924_thumb.jpg

I can't believe any Sabres fan would say something like this. Get your priorities straight, old man.

My priorities are perfectly straight. Ruff must go for the sake of my team. The only way he's going to go is if the team has a start like this -- and there's a good chance even that won't matter. Would you feel better if I rooted for melanoma?

If losing 14 straight didn't get his worthless ass fired, nothing will.

I'm having a hard time verifying whether Savard has a "no movement" or "no trade" clause. If it's the latter, then I would have no problem with taking on Savard's contract. A $4 million hit for one of the better playmakers in the league? Obviously, any lagging effects of Cooke's elbow last year are a concern, but in the four previous seasons, he had 60+ assists and was over a PPG player. I would love to find out what Vanek could do on his wing. Plus, he has one of those front-weighted contracts that all the other GM's are "cheating" the CBA with. After four or five years, if he's no longer productive enough for his $4 million hit, he can be demoted to the AHL (which is why I'd do it with a NTC, but probably not with a NMC*) for a very low amount ($1.5 million for the fifth season and basically the league minimum for the final two.)

* with a NMC, it becomes retire or buyout. The cash value of a buyout would be very low ($283k for six years if bought out after four seasons or $175k if bought out after five), but because the contract is front loaded, those final two seasons (sixth and seventh) would actually still have a cap hit close to $4 million ($3.765 million if bought out after four seasons or $3.657 million if bought out after five seasons) and if bought out after four seasons, the fifth year would still have a cap hit of $2.79 million. Here are the details:

post-1053-043097100 1280500924_thumb.jpg

carp,

If we were to get Savard, would his contract be a hinderance to Myers resigning in 2012-2013? I realize the cap hit is good, but would the Sabres (Tommy G. specifically) be willing to spend on both players.

The reason I ask is because of the actual salary as opposed to the cap hits. I am merely speculating, but I would think if Myers continues his performance the way expectations of him are, he is going to command 5.5 to 6.5 mil on his next contract, what are your thoughts on this?

carp,

If we were to get Savard, would his contract be a hinderance to Myers resigning in 2012-2013? I realize the cap hit is good, but would the Sabres (Tommy G. specifically) be willing to spend on both players.

The reason I ask is because of the actual salary as opposed to the cap hits. I am merely speculating, but I would think if Myers continues his performance the way expectations of him are, he is going to command 5.5 to 6.5 mil on his next contract, what are your thoughts on this?

That is a reasonable question, especially since Roy's and Pominville's contracts both have increasing salaries. Myers' new contract would kick in during the 2012-13 season, which is the final year of Roy's contract and the second-to-last year of Vanek's and Pominville's. Hecht's bloated contract would be off the books by then, as would Connolly's. Savard's contract would go down from $7 million in 2011-12 to $6.5 million in 2012-13 and $5 million in 2013-14, before completely nose-diving to $1.5 million in 2014-15. The tough years would the first two as they would have salaries of: Savard ($6.5 and $5 million), Vanek ($6.4 million for both), Miller ($6.25 million for both), Pominville ($5.5 million for both), and Roy ($5.5 million, then UFA.) That's $30.15 million is salary ($26.7 million for cap) for four forwards and a goalie in 2012-13 and $23.15 million ($22.7 million for cap) for three forwards and a goalie in 2013-14. So, unless they can trade one (with a $4 million cap hit, Roy should be easily tradeable to a big market team that is more concerned with cap than salary), it would definitely pinch the pocketbook. However, any #1 center is going to cost at least that much, unless they believe that one will come up through the system. Myers' will be young enough, too, that they might be able to have the salary rise a little initially before hitting its highest point.

To me, unless he has a NMC and/or the doctors say that he is at a high risk of having repeated concussions, it's the type of risk that this team needs to take, if they are ever going to get to that next level.

I don't. I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up in New Jersey or Boston. Good GM's find a way to get things done. Bad GM's end up with Leopold and Scott's brother.

Post of the year imo!!!

Deluca you can be one negative mofo but you do crack me up.

That is a reasonable question, especially since Roy's and Pominville's contracts both have increasing salaries. Myers' new contract would kick in during the 2012-13 season, which is the final year of Roy's contract and the second-to-last year of Vanek's and Pominville's. Hecht's bloated contract would be off the books by then, as would Connolly's. Savard's contract would go down from $7 million in 2011-12 to $6.5 million in 2012-13 and $5 million in 2013-14, before completely nose-diving to $1.5 million in 2014-15. The tough years would the first two as they would have salaries of: Savard ($6.5 and $5 million), Vanek ($6.4 million for both), Miller ($6.25 million for both), Pominville ($5.5 million for both), and Roy ($5.5 million, then UFA.) That's $30.15 million is salary ($26.7 million for cap) for four forwards and a goalie in 2012-13 and $23.15 million ($22.7 million for cap) for three forwards and a goalie in 2013-14. So, unless they can trade one (with a $4 million cap hit, Roy should be easily tradeable to a big market team that is more concerned with cap than salary), it would definitely pinch the pocketbook. However, any #1 center is going to cost at least that much, unless they believe that one will come up through the system. Myers' will be young enough, too, that they might be able to have the salary rise a little initially before hitting its highest point.

To me, unless he has a NMC and/or the doctors say that he is at a high risk of having repeated concussions, it's the type of risk that this team needs to take, if they are ever going to get to that next level.

Well then, lets play a little theroy here.

The Sabres currently have the cap space to take on Savards contract and Boston needs some cap space. If Savard is the one to be moved and Buffalo were interested, what would be the asking price I wonder, perhaps draft picks or maybe Sekera?

The next question I would have deals directly with the center position. Bringing in Savard would almost assure a movement of either Roy or Connolly, this being the case, I would be inclined to put either one of them in a deal for Kaberle to help bolster the PPQB position.

Of course, this is all merely speculation, but those 2 moves in conjuction with adding Ennis to the roster could very well put Buffalo in a better position than they are now in so far as competitiveness. I would like to see some size up front, but Savard would be a risk worth taking IMO as well.

Just some thoughts is all.

I don't disagree with you at all DeLuca, but the facts are as follows.

1. 4 teams were in on Kaberle, believed to be LA, Buffalo, Boston and NJ

2. Boston and NJ have cap issues, Kaberle is a distant memory for them

3. LA isn't going to happen, the Toronto media already indicated it wasn't on Kaberle's list of 10

4. Buffalo's offer is a decent one and Kaberle wants his family to stay close to Toronto, a good fit for both parties.

Now this is not to say NJ or Boston couldn't clear up cap space, but I don't see it happening.

Looks like the field is narrowing all the time. Wouldn't you agree?

None of these is a fact. Each is a completely unsubstantiated rumor.

The Sabres as built by DR were cup contenders in '06 and '07.

Only because Darcy lucked into a new set of rules, which were quickly abandoned by the league.

Only Darcy didn't realise this until last off-season when suddenly he started drafting bigger players.

I do. 100%. The Bills roster is full of CFL level talent including the entire groups of QB's, Wr's (Lee Evans is the exception) and linebacker. Their D-Line couldn't stop the run if they got a NFL exception and where allowed to play every D-Lineman on the roster and have count as three players.

Are you saying the Bills won't be able to stop a fat man running up a steep hill? :w00t:

Only because Darcy lucked into a new set of rules, which were quickly abandoned by the league.

Only Darcy didn't realise this until last off-season when suddenly he started drafting bigger players.

Do you think it's that simple? Small vs. big, and new rules which have been abandoned? Really?

Do you think it's that simple? Small vs. big, and new rules which have been abandoned? Really?

No, I don't think it's that simple at all, but any half-wit could tell you that one-dimensional teams never win anything in this league, and if there ever was a one-dimensional team, it's the Sabres.

We went from all-offense after the lockout, to Lindy's beloved "Miller" system. The real solution to being competitive probably lies somwhere in between, but neither Darcy nor Lindy seems to understand this.

The Sabres may not be undersized when it comes to the average weight and height of the team, but they certainly play like they're undersized.

Oficially, no rules have been abandoned.

Unoficially, interference and cluthing & grabbing is literally *never* called anymore, which was the 05-07 teams lifeblood - The ability to move without being held or interfered with continously.

*edit

And while some may consider the Devils a one-dimensional team, it shouldn't be forgotten that while those teams may have played a dull defensive scheme of hockey, they always had some sort of firepower on their roster to complement it.

And while some may consider the Devils a one-dimensional team, it shouldn't be forgotten that while those teams may have played a dull defensive scheme of hockey, they always had some sort of firepower on their roster to complement it.

Great point about the Devils. Someone here a while back mentioned them and "defense wins championships." I looked at NJ's Cup seasons and they really managed to score a lot of goals in those postseasons.

Archived