[OT] If you can't have Marleau and Kovy...

nfreeman

Hungry?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Let's say your loving wife/girlfriend/mom decides to make anything you want for dinner to ease the pain of yet another offseason devoid of meaningful moves by the Sabres. What's your top choice?

• Steak
    • Prime rib or other roast beef
    • Roast chicken
    • Roast lamb
    • Lobster
    • Sushi
    • Other fish (salmon, sea bass, snapper, tuna, etc.)
    • Lasagne or other pasta
    • Other (please specify)

Instead of speculating about bold trades or FA signings, I figured I would try discussing something that might actually happen.

Note: to keep the list manageable, I focused more on full dinner type meals and omitted takeout options like pizza, wings, cheese steaks, chinese, burritos, etc. Maybe that's a topic for another day in this interminable, action-less offseason.

I went for the lamb.

I went with lobster.

A few years ago, I resolved to lose some weight. And by "some" I mean, like, ~30 bills.

While it dinged the pocketbook quite a bit, I found that, provided your cholesterol is under control (mine was/is) and you don't go overboard on the butter, lobster is a very, very diet-friendly indulgence.

I'll go with the Prime Rib. All the others don't have a good size bone that my wife can stab me in the heart with when the seasons over.

the only thing my wife and my mom have in common is that neither can cook worth a damn. i'll make my own bbq ribs, thank you very much.

this is the kind of stuff that keeps me coming back here so often.

No takers for a nice roast chicken? It makes the house smell really nice. A nice meaty leg, some crusty bread and butter, green beans, red wine, maybe some kind of pie for dessert?

Much better than Kovalchuk.

this is the kind of stuff that keeps me coming back here so often.

No takers for a nice roast chicken? It makes the house smell really nice. A nice meaty leg, some crusty bread and butter, green beans, red wine, maybe some kind of pie for dessert?

Much better than Kovalchuk.

A roasted chicken reminds me too much of the Sabres. Looks nice on the outside, no heart or guts in the inside.

I went with the chicken. I've lost twelve pounds and if I lose ten more I'll be at my high school graduation weight. :)

Shoot, I'd have to pick an "other" as the ones on the list that I'd eat are things that I'd make myself. (Though my personal specialty of wings isn't on the list. Who came up w/ that sad list. :o ) My wife's an excellent cook but I'm not sure if I'd choose Kung Pao, Dumplings, Fajitas, REALLY spicy nachos, or completely home made pizza; none of which were on the list. Not quite sure how I found a Scandanavian that makes excellent spicy dishes and despises lutefisk; but it works for me. :thumbsup:

As for losing the 12 pounds, good for you. :thumbsup: I've lost ~26 and if I lose 12 more I'd be at undergrad graduation weight. (That aint' happening as I'm just below a weight I was at for ~10 years. Trying to decide if I stay where I'm at which is very sustainable or push for ~5-8 lbs more where I know my energy level will increase tremendously but I know it isn't readily sustainable.) To get to my high school graduation weight, I'd basically be dead. (Was a swimmer and hadn't fully regained the season's worth of weight loss by the time I graduated.)

I went with something my wife makes very well: lasagna. If we were going OUT to eat, I would choose sushi...but she couldn't pull that off in the kitchen as it requires very skilled hands. Not that my wife isn't skilled with her hands, mind you...but you know what I mean. :wub:

As long as we're bragging about weight loss, I'm down 93lbs. :thumbsup:

Archived