Sabres re-sign Lalime

carpandean

I wonder since the regular season has been proven meaningless if the Sabres plan this year is to throw away a larger amount of points and start Lalime more.

Any chance they can add another level on the variable ticket pricing? Gold, Silver, Bronze and then the Lalime Bogo special? Seems only fair to those that pay good money to go down to the arena.

I wonder since the regular season has been proven meaningless if the Sabres plan this year is to throw away a larger amount of points and start Lalime more.

Any chance they can add another level on the variable ticket pricing? Gold, Silver, Bronze and then the Lalime Bogo special? Seems only fair to those that pay good money to go down to the arena.

lmao!

Perhaps Hershey's Skid Lalime Brown Night.

when comparing lalime to biron, i dont care about stats. heres why.

lalime played for an elite ottawa team for how many years in a row? of course your stats are gonna be good when you play behind a great team. in martys first years how bad where the sabres? thats right. awful. and he still managed to put up some good stats. also lalime played for a better buffalo team last year and marty played with the crappy islanders. get it? biron is better than lalime.

All of this wouldn't get you a cup of Joe at Timmy Hortons. Want to know why?

Lalime played for a Division winner last year. We could stick you in net on Ryan's days off and it wouldn't effect a damn thing. We saved $400k on this contract and kept some familiarity in tact in the locker room.

Give it a rest already... Our back up Goalie position is the VERY bottom of the Barrel in terms of issues.

All of this wouldn't get you a cup of Joe at Timmy Hortons. Want to know why?

Lalime played for a Division winner last year. We could stick you in net on Ryan's days off and it wouldn't effect a damn thing. We saved $400k on this contract and kept some familiarity in tact in the locker room.

Give it a rest already... Our back up Goalie position is the VERY bottom of the Barrel in terms of issues.

Until the starter gets hurt. How about having a guy in the second slot that gives the team a chance. Like when Miller got hurt and Biron won 13 in a row. :thumbsup:

Until the starter gets hurt. How about having a guy in the second slot that gives the team a chance. Like when Miller got hurt and Biron won 13 in a row. :thumbsup:

There's this guy named Enroth. Ask Montreal, boston, Chicago and Philly what no name/rookies can do for you. Non-issue.

Pretty much what Ink said. It's an assumption that Enroth would jump in long term, but a damn good one. I think I even saw it written somewhere, but not sure. :unsure:

I'd argue the whole "The team plays like Giraffe shyt in front of Lalime" case but why bother, it's a new season and hopefully he gets some support when he does play.

I get just as nervous when Patty plays as anyone, don't get me wrong. I'm just saying that it's such a non-issue it doesn't really matter who backs Miller up. Keeping Patty around, especially for that price, seems like the right thing to do.

With Lalime it's not about stats because his really not going to play much. His a good locker room presence and a good guy to have around by all accounts. Biron is only interested in playing more, Lalime is happy to play when his asked and help in any other way he can. Good move, Biron wouldnt have played enough with Miller and Enroth and probably would have complained.

During the NHL ceremonies in Las Vegas, Miller gift wrapped a new contract for Lalime, so i don't think there should be any suprise to this signing. Besides, Enroth has to prove he can play at this level. Last year when he played against Boston he was a rebounding machine and he's also injury prone. I think it's a solid move to re-sign Lalime. Now, the true test is to see if Enroth plays the whole year riding the bus again or does he flea to Europe?

when comparing lalime to biron, i dont care about stats. heres why.

lalime played for an elite ottawa team for how many years in a row? of course your stats are gonna be good when you play behind a great team. in martys first years how bad where the sabres? thats right. awful. and he still managed to put up some good stats. also lalime played for a better buffalo team last year and marty played with the crappy islanders. get it? biron is better than lalime.

Buffalo is a team that relies on it's Vezina goaltender to make them any good, so to think they're all that much better than the Isles, without Miller in goal, is a bit of a stretch.

Both have crapped the bed an equal number of times. I can't count the number of times Marty would piss away points on one weak goal after another when he was the starter here. Ask Philly how they felt about him in the end.

Both are only good enough to be career backups.

Only Marty took a lot longer to realise just that.

Didn't Biron have the President's trophy winning team playing in front of him when he won 13 in a row? The only difference between him and Lalime as the Sabres backup is the team playing in front of them. The are the same guy.

During the NHL ceremonies in Las Vegas, Miller gift wrapped a new contract for Lalime, so i don't think there should be any suprise to this signing. Besides, Enroth has to prove he can play at this level. Last year when he played against Boston he was a rebounding machine and he's also injury prone. I think it's a solid move to re-sign Lalime. Now, the true test is to see if Enroth plays the whole year riding the bus again or does he flea to Europe?

Miller made comments that suggested he wanted Lalime to return? What did he say?

Miller made comments that suggested he wanted Lalime to return? What did he say?

"... especially one team mate in particular, Patrick LaLime, he's a great friend and he's helped me out a ton so hip hip hip hey buddy..."

not sure about the bottom, but it's not among the top 3 priorities.

There's this guy named Enroth. Ask Montreal, boston, Chicago and Philly what no name/rookies can do for you. Non-issue.

i can't get down with saying it's a non-issue, but i agree with the thinking of "hey, if miller goes down, enroth gets his shot, and then we'll see what's what."

but as i said here, i remain concerned that the last ~6 seasons suggest that the era of riding a #1 goalie (e.g., brodeur, roy) through an entire season and to the SCF may be over.

Nothing major, but after i just thought for sure Lalime had a new contract waiting for him. Maybe that was just me.

i made the same inference.

"... especially one team mate in particular, Patrick LaLime, he's a great friend and he's helped me out a ton so hip hip hip hey buddy..."

Is that what he said? I couldn't figure it out when I heard it.

They only used a replica for the ceremony and not the real trophy? Lame.

The trophy that they hand out to the players is a smaller replica which the player gets to keep. The "real" trophy is usually kept at the Hockey Hall of Fame in Toronto. When the awards were held in Toronto the last few years, they had the "real" full-sized trophy on stage when the player was awarded the replica. In this case, the awards show was in Vegas and they either didn't want to ship the full-size ones there OR they were already in LA for the Entry Draft (which was just two days later). They used to put all of the NHL trophies on display at the draft, from my very limited draft-attending experience...don't know if that was the case here.

Archived