Free Agent Frenzy

spndnchz

Of the fourth line UFA's, (Mair, Ellis, McCormick) I'd take McCormick. Dude at least played like he meant it the second he he had a chance.

Mair's playoff performance is guaranteed never to happen again; let's move on. Ellis brings heart, hustle, and little else. McCormick can, at least, bring what Ellis did, and perhaps win a fight...

Problem is there are no centers of note. I like Lombardi and Cullen but they are 2/3 guys, not #1's.

This is a weak free agent class. I am still holding out hope Regier realizes this and can play Calgary and Columbus against each other by dangling Connolly.

Haven't heard anything on Mair or Ellis for that matter. While I liked McCorminck, this could be a good thing. Maybe they're looking to make a decent fourth line for a change?

Though to be fair dont guys like these typically get picked up later on in the summer?

AP Report on the front page of Sabrespace stating the Sabres have shown "no interest" in Cody McCormick. I'm not sure if I have thought less of this organization.

If anyone embodied exactly what the Sabres needed this past playoff season, it was McCormick. Physical, mean aggressive player with size, willing to do whatever it takes to win. Who needs players like that? I don't think these guys have a clue how to build a team.

Saw the same thing and thought the same thing.

:wallbash:

AP Report on the front page of Sabrespace stating the Sabres have shown "no interest" in Cody McCormick. I'm not sure if I have thought less of this organization.

If anyone embodied exactly what the Sabres needed this past playoff season, it was McCormick. Physical, mean aggressive player with size, willing to do whatever it takes to win. Who needs players like that? I don't think these guys have a clue how to build a team.

It was his agent who made that statement, which is what agents do. It's a bit of a hyperbole for a guy who has played all of 3 games with us. I would expect McCormick to be back and if he isn't there are 100 other guys out there who can do what he does.

It was his agent who made that statement, which is what agents do. It's a bit of a hyperbole for a guy who has played all of 3 games with us. I would expect McCormick to be back and if he isn't there are 100 other guys out there who can do what he does.

Good call.

The sabres needed gritty scoring in the playoffs. These 4th line grinders are a dime a dozen. Give me someone like byfuglien from chicago.

The sabres do not need another adam mair, matt ellis type player no matter how popular they are for playing tough.

Maybe but why ###### on a guy who rode buses for your organ-eye-zation all year only to burst onto the scene in the playoffs playing like a bull in a china shop (which was busted by mythbusters but you get my point). Reward a guy who was biding his time in the minors, despite have NHL experience, and then did exactly what this team sorely lacks. I'm sorry but of all the "4th liners" I've seen on the Sabres in the last 10 years, this guy most resembled what that player should look like.

The sabres needed gritty scoring in the playoffs. These 4th line grinders are a dime a dozen. Give me someone like byfuglien from chicago.

The sabres do not need another adam mair, matt ellis type player no matter how popular they are for playing tough.

Yeah let's get Byfuglien, Cheechoo; team them with Gaustad and the Sabres can have the first 10 Million dollar 4th line.

WTF said anything about Mair or Ellis? I don't want those chumps on the Sabres either. I'm talking about Cody McCormick. A bona fide bad ###### who understands what it takes to win. The Sabers won't sign any 4th liners of note. They don't believe on toughness and don't understand heart. They love their soft finesse ###### clowns.

Maybe but why ###### on a guy who rode buses for your organ-eye-zation all year only to burst onto the scene in the playoffs playing like a bull in a china shop (which was busted by mythbusters but you get my point). Reward a guy who was biding his time in the minors, despite have NHL experience, and then did exactly what this team sorely lacks. I'm sorry but of all the "4th liners" I've seen on the Sabres in the last 10 years, this guy most resembled what that player should look like.

He showed a lot in a short period of time I hope he re-signs with us. But I'm not too concerned if the Sabres priorities are elsewhere right now considering the more pressing needs. He should still be an option for us next week and beyond.

The kid played 32 minutes total. Did anyone notice him after his first shift? A player like that is a dime a dozen and is not a priority at this point in the offseason. No one will be beating down his door for a week or two, but eventually they'll talk.

Nothing to add yet, just posting so I get e-mail notifications.

Oh, and McCormack isn't a priority today, or even this week, but what the frig have they been doing for the last 2 months? He should have been a priority then. Its not like they have been busy improving the 1st, second or 3rd lines! I know he's a dime a dozen player, but we don't have anyone on the roster who can do what he does. One of the previous posters said he would be our only 4th liner who could win a fight. ######, he's our only 4th liner who would even get in a fight. That is a sad indictment on the state of this team.

Oh, and McCormack isn't a priority today, or even this week, but what the frig have they been doing for the last 2 months? He should have been a priority then. Its not like they have been busy improving the 1st, second or 3rd lines! I know he's a dime a dozen player, but we don't have anyone on the roster who can do what he does. One of the previous posters said he would be our only 4th liner who could win a fight. ######, he's our only 4th liner who would even get in a fight. That is a sad indictment on the state of this team.

Great point. Who knows why they have waited. Maybe they have another player outside the organization in mind for that role.

No its not. He's filler and until you know how the rest of roster takes shape, there is no need to talk to him. For instance, if they sign Kassian and another forward, there is likely no room for him.

One of the previous posters said he would be our only 4th liner who could win a fight. ######, he's our only 4th liner who would even get in a fight. That is a sad indictment on the state of this team.

Mair may toss a few but his bonehead penalties this past season were untimely and unforgivable.

Great point. Who knows why they have waited. Maybe they have another player outside the organization in mind for that role.

I'm all for bringing in more players like Cody, but why not keep him as well bringing in those players. He earned his striped this year. Let's get a real 4th line. Kaleta, McCormick, Boogard!!

Archived