Who do you want?

spndnchz

There's only one thing this team needs, a true top line centerman with skill, guts, and a good work ethic to lead this team. His name is Brad Richards, and the way Dallas is going, there would be a million reasons for them to take something like Connolly/Roy/Sekera for him, and it would be the best trade this team has made in decades.

But Malhotra would certainly be a nice change from Gaustad, wouldn't he?

Anton Volchenkov this off-season and Chara next off season.

As long as we're daydreaming, I'll say that Myers and Chara would be a latter-day Pronger and Niedermayer.

Don't be surprised if Darcy makes a run for Sergei Gonchar...

I'd be very happy to get Gonchar for a 2-year deal, but I don't think Darcy is going to sign any Russians.

Wanted Horton. Boston get him.

Wanted Kaberle. We wont get him.

Wanted Patrick Sharp. Atlanta ruined everything.

I suppose we'll end up signing Joe Corvo if nothing better comes his way.

Darcy will have his garbage picking gloves on come July 2nd.

Yes to all of this....

I would also love to see Iginla in a Sabres sweater. Maybe Vinny, too. :blush:

I'm hearing rumblings that Bobby Ryan turned down the Duck's offer. He's an RFA.

Time to get our poaching on :beer:

The Ducks offered him in the ball park of 4M+ for 5 years. He wants more and is waiting for an offer sheet.

We could toss him an offer at 5M for 6 years. We'd have to surrender our 1st, 2nd and 3rd round draft picks next year (I believe) if we were to acquire him as well. However, I think he'd be more than worth it.

Top Six

Vanek Ennis Ryan

Kennedy Roy Pommers

-Connolly, -Stafford (Assuming we trade them for picks).

Forwards

Vanek Ennis Ryan = 7 + .85 + 5 = 12.85

Kennedy Roy Pommers = 1.5 + 4 + 5.3 = 10.8

Hecht Goose Grier = 3.25 + 2.3 + 1.5 = 7.05

Ellis Mair Kaleta = .5 + .8 + 1 = 2.3

Gerbe = .85

McCormick = .6

34.45M

Defense

Myers = 1.3

Rivet = 3.5

Montador = 1.5

Sekera = 1

Butler = 1

Weber = 1

Grangani = 1

10.3M

Goalies

Miller = 6.25

Biron = 1

7.25M

34.45 + 10.3 + 7.25 = 52 Million

52 Million / 59.4 Million

-Acquired Bobby Ryan from the Anaheim Ducks. Offered him a 30 Million Dollar, 6 year contract. Surrendered our 1st, 2nd and 3rd round picks in the 2011 Draft.

-Removed Connolly and Stafford from the team. Traded them for any sort of picks to make up for the loss of picks by acquiring Bobby Ryan.

-Signed RFA's Kaleta and Kennedy (Kaleta signs for 1M, Kennedy for 1.5M).

-Signed Mike Weber for 1M (up from 800K). Signed Gragnani for 1M (up from 800K).

-I kept Ellis at the 500K he currently earns. Brought back Mair at the 800K he currently makes.

-Brought back Marty Biron for 1M.

-Stayed 7 million dollars under the cap. The surplus can be used to sign/acquire a couple veteran dmen to toughen up a weak defense.

Plausible?

Forwards

Gerbe = .85

McCormick = .6

34.45M

Defense

Myers = 1.3

Rivet = 3.5

Montador = 1.5

Sekera = 1

Butler = 1

Weber = 1

Grangani = 1

10.3M

Goalies

Miller = 6.25

Biron = 1

7.25M

-Acquired Bobby Ryan from the Anaheim Ducks. Offered him a 30 Million Dollar, 6 year contract. Surrendered our 1st, 2nd and 3rd round picks in the 2011 Draft.

-Removed Connolly and Stafford from the team. Traded them for any sort of picks to make up for the loss of picks by acquiring Bobby Ryan.

-Signed Mike Weber for 1M (up from 800K). Signed Gragnani for 1M (up from 800K).

-I kept Ellis at the 500K he currently earns. Brought back Mair at the 800K he currently makes.

-Stayed 7 million dollars under the cap. The surplus can be used to sign/acquire a couple veteran dmen to toughen up a weak defense.

Plausible?

How high can that offer to Ryan go before they have to give up four 1st's? I only ask because Anaheim was rumored to be offering Ryan something in the $4 Million per year range and I'm not sure they'd have a problem matching $5 Mill being so far under the cap. I'd also keep Connolly, Ennis doesn't have a long enough track record to count on him at center.

I see Biron as the most likely addition, almost a lock in my opinion. I dont see anyone major going, least of all Roy or Connolly (Connolly I see as excess baggage but Roy I still have faith in). However I agree that our major need is a number 1 center and of course something to help our pathetic power play (even if it's just pack of Duracell's for Vanek).

Defense

Myers = 1.3

Rivet = 3.5

Montador = 1.5

Sekera = 1

Butler = 1

Weber = 1

Grangani = 1

10.3M

Plausible?

Will definitely need some veteran d-men in there, hopefully someone with PP experience.

I like it, seems plausible. If Gonchar gets reasonable and accepts a 2yr deal then he's definitely worth it, however if he does accept a 2yr deal then expect open season as just about every team in the league will be after him.

Forwards

Gerbe = .85

McCormick = .6

34.45M

Defense

Myers = 1.3

Rivet = 3.5

Montador = 1.5

Sekera = 1

Butler = 1

Weber = 1

Grangani = 1

10.3M

Goalies

Miller = 6.25

Biron = 1

7.25M

Plausible?

The Bobby Ryan thing isn't happening. The Ducks will not let him get away. As for your money figures, you can actually free up a small amount more because Weber and Gragnani will sign their qualifying offers. They have done nothing to earn more than the basic raise that goes along with the QO.

Forwards

Gerbe = .85

McCormick = .6

34.45M

Defense

Myers = 1.3

Rivet = 3.5

Montador = 1.5

Sekera = 1

Butler = 1

Weber = 1

Grangani = 1

10.3M

Goalies

Miller = 6.25

Biron = 1

7.25M

Plausible?

Kennedy is not a top six forward. He's a nice young forward that needs to finish cutting his teeth on the third and fourth lines. Speaking of which, I would expect about 20-30 goals combined from the third and fourth lines as you have them. Nothing against how you have the lines it just points out the serious lack of talent the Sabres have in the forward ranks.

How high can that offer to Ryan go before they have to give up four 1st's? I only ask because Anaheim was rumored to be offering Ryan something in the $4 Million per year range and I'm not sure they'd have a problem matching $5 Mill being so far under the cap. I'd also keep Connolly, Ennis doesn't have a long enough track record to count on him at center.

Compensation for Offer Sheets: If an RFA signs an offer sheet from a different team, the original team is entitled to compensation in the form of draft picks from the next year's draft (All figures are estimates, and change each season):

• Offer sheet < $860,000 annually: No compensation
  • Offer sheet between $860,000 - $1.3 million annually: 3rd round pick
  • Offer sheet between $1.3 million - $2.6 million annually: 2nd round pick
  • Offer sheet between $2.6 million - $4 million annually: 1st and 3rd round pick
  • Offer sheet between $4 million - $5.2 million annually: 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round pick
  • Offer sheet between $5.2 million - $6.5 million annually: Two 1sts, one 2nd, and one 3rd round pick
  • Offer sheet > $6.5 million annually: Four 1st round picks

The amount is determined by taking the total compensation due in the Offer Sheet, and dividing by the number of years specified in the Offer Sheet, or five (5) - whichever is less.

I would think these went up a bit with the cap recently. I'll check it out.

Sorry to be the "glass half-empty" guy, but I don't hold out any hope that DR + LQ will add anyone through free agency. So, for my personal wish list I want:

Jennifer Aniston

Jennifer Connelly

Jennifer Garner

not necessarily in that order.

Hey, the topic was "Who do you want?" :blush:

Sorry to be the "glass half-empty" guy, but I don't hold out any hope that DR + LQ will add anyone through free agency. So, for my personal wish list I want:

Jennifer Aniston

Jennifer Connelly

Jennifer Garner

not necessarily in that order.

Hey, the topic was "Who do you want?" :blush:

Jennifer Garner is almost as ugly as Hillary Swank. :ph34r:

Jennifer Garner is almost as ugly as Hillary Swank. :ph34r:

Funny story. A couple years ago after she had a baby, Garner was working out with the same guy who runs the strength and conditioning program for the BU hockey team. She was quoted by one of the local papers that she was kind of upset that none of the hockey players flirted with her. I wonder why Jennifer, I wonder why.

Kennedy is not a top six forward. He's a nice young forward that needs to finish cutting his teeth on the third and fourth lines. Speaking of which, I would expect about 20-30 goals combined from the third and fourth lines as you have them. Nothing against how you have the lines it just points out the serious lack of talent the Sabres have in the forward ranks.

Sign Kotalik for 800K, put him on the 4th line? He may be able to chip in 10-15 goals a year. :thumbsup:

Or, I could always substitute Gerbe in for one of the 3rd/4th liners if I'm looking for more scoring.

Sign Kotalik for 800K, put him on the 4th line? He may be able to chip in 10-15 goals a year. :thumbsup:

Or, I could always substitute Gerbe in for one of the 3rd/4th liners if I'm looking for more scoring.

AAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! We were lucky to get rid of this guy, as were the Rangers. Why do you want a lazy semi-talented do-nothing back on this team? He was an addition by subtraction.

I'd rather sign Grant Ledyard than bring back Kotalik.

Archived