Who do you want?

spndnchz

Names all over the place, let's put them in one thread. The I wants and why's.

I want Centers:

Matt Cullen, 2.875 last year, 6'-1" 200 lbs, vet leader at 33, still putting up 40+ pts, 58.7% FO%

Manny Malhotra, 700k last year, 6'-2" 220lbs, 62.5% FO

I want Right wing:

Lee Stempniak, 3.5 mill last year, 6'-0" 195 lbs, 16 PPP past 2 seasons

Colby Armstrong, 2.4M last year, PP and PK

Owen Nolan, vet, 26 PPP over last two years

Niclas Bergfors, 14 PPP 09-10

I want Left Wing:

Alex Frolov, 4M last year, 6'-2" 204lbs, over 50 pts/yr since 05-06

Alexei Ponikarovsky, 6'-4", 220 lbs, 2.5M last year, iffy I know.

I want Defense:

Joe Corvo, age 33, 2.75 last year, PP guy

Kurtis Foster, 6'-5" 223 lbs, 26 PPP, 20minutes/game, 28 yr old ufa 900k last year.

Andrei Markov, not UFA, but still want.

Kaberle, blah blah blah

I girl can dream can't she?

At Centre, if Derek Roy is traded for Tomas Kaberle, or Tim Connolly is traded anywhere, I'd want Mike Comrie to be the number two centre. He is capable of 30 goals.

At centre, if Derek Roy is traded for Jason Spezza, and Connolly remains in Buffalo, I want Matt Cullen or Matthew Lombardi as the number three centre. If Roy and Connolly remain Sabres, I want Cullen or Lombardi.

The only UFA left winger who interests me is Alexander Frolov. He could put up 30 goals and 70 points without raising any eyebrows.

Petr Sykora - at right wing - intrigues me. At 33, he should have some gas left in the tank, and he certainly has proven that he can score in the NHL. At $2,000,000 or so I would take a chance.

If Pavel Kubina, Paul Martin and Anton Volchenkov are each looking for $5,000,000, I'll pursue them in the opposite order to how they're listed.

Willie Mitchell is a very physical shutdown defenseman who still has some life left in him at 33.

Both Joe Corvo and Derek Morris (31) would look good on the Sabres' powerplay.

At Centre, if Derek Roy is traded for Tomas Kaberle, or Tim Connolly is traded anywhere, I'd want Mike Comrie to be the number two centre. He is capable of 30 goals.

At centre, if Derek Roy is traded for Jason Spezza, and Connolly remains in Buffalo, I want Matt Cullen or Matthew Lombardi as the number three centre. If Roy and Connolly remain Sabres, I want Cullen or Lombardi.

The only UFA left winger who interests me is Alexander Frolov. He could put up 30 goals and 70 points without raising any eyebrows.

Petr Sykora - at right wing - intrigues me. At 33, he should have some gas left in the tank, and he certainly has proven that he can score in the NHL. At $2,000,000 or so I would take a chance.

If Pavel Kubina, Paul Martin and Anton Volchenkov are each looking for $5,000,000, I'll pursue them in the opposite order to how they're listed.

Willie Mitchell is a very physical shutdown defenseman who still has some life left in him at 33.

Sykora has no gas left. Pgh parted ways with him and took Satan instead that should tell you something.

Mike Comrie is a Locker room Cancer that was chased out of Long Island because he didn't want to work. He'd show up to play the Sabres every time because he still had some Ottawa left in him. I'd rather keep Connolly.

Wanted Horton. Boston get him.

Wanted Kaberle. We wont get him.

Wanted Patrick Sharp. Atlanta ruined everything.

I suppose we'll end up signing Joe Corvo if nothing better comes his way.

Darcy will have his garbage picking gloves on come July 2nd.

Wanted Horton. Boston get him.

Wanted Kaberle. We wont get him.

Wanted Patrick Sharp. Atlanta ruined everything.

I suppose we'll end up signing Joe Corvo if nothing better comes his way.

Darcy will have his garbage picking gloves on come July 2nd.

Cullen seems perfect, a solid 2 way center who is good at faceoffs, can provide leadership and pitch in 20 goals.

Cullen seems perfect, a solid 2 way center who is good at faceoffs, can provide leadership and pitch in 20 goals.

Ya I don't think anybody would have a problem bringing Cullen in but he is obviously a 3rd line center, when our glaring weakness is a FIRST line center

Ya I don't think anybody would have a problem bringing Cullen in but he is obviously a 3rd line center, when our glaring weakness is a FIRST line center

True, but I don't see anything resembling that on the open market. I could see him being a second line center and moving Connolly to wing where he was playing anyway. And with his faceoff ability Cullen could be a better alternative to Gaustad on the PP.

Archived