Will the Sabres make a real trade before 8 PM on Friday?

nfreeman

Give the people what they want.  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Everyone wants to see the Sabres bring in a good player. The draft is on Friday. The first flurry of trades has begun. Will the Sabres make a real trade by Friday night? The question is not what do you want to happen -- it's what is going to ha...

• Yes
    • No

Sorry, but I don't have much confidence in Regier. It still eats away at me when I saw Brian Campbell & Daniel Briere playing in the Stanley Cup finals.

Chicago is hurting from signing campbell. Yes they won the Cup, but campbell was not a big part of the team. His contract is killing them.

Chicago is hurting from signing campbell. Yes they won the Cup, but campbell was not a big part of the team. His contract is killing them.

A) Campbell led the league in playoff +/-, which I have never been a big believer in but everyone uses it when it fits their point.

B) Darcy could have had Campbell for what he is about to pay his replacement.

A) Campbell led the league in playoff +/-, which I have never been a big believer in but everyone uses it when it fits their point.

B) Darcy could have had Campbell for what he is about to pay his replacement.

Yes and yes.

His inability to pull the trigger is his biggest fault.

Yesterday afternoon on WGR, Darcy said that if you look at the top 30 centers in the NHL, he believes the Sabres have 2 of them. Where they fit in that list, he didn't elaborate, but people can pretty much put the Roy/Connolly trade wishes to bed. As always, the Sabres are too much in love with their own. I could see Stafford or Hecht, perhaps, going, but how much value do they really have? The wildcard in all of this is Gerbe.... Still has value as a highly touted prospect, and he's still cheap for a team looking to give away some salary.

What about signing a mid-level RFA, a young guy with "potential" Detroit has one in Justin Abdelkader. There are others out there both older UFAs and younger RFAs. It would be interesting to see them go after one of these guys. Lot of names:

Western Conference

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?id=25558

Eastern Conference

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?id=25552

Just throwing that out there. I don't know if this has previously been posted. Please let the "thought-post" police take a chill today.

Yesterday afternoon on WGR, Darcy said that if you look at the top 30 centers in the NHL, he believes the Sabres have 2 of them. Where they fit in that list, he didn't elaborate, but people can pretty much put the Roy/Connolly trade wishes to bed. As always, the Sabres are too much in love with their own. I could see Stafford or Hecht, perhaps, going, but how much value do they really have? The wildcard in all of this is Gerbe.... Still has value as a highly touted prospect, and he's still cheap for a team looking to give away some salary.

Read btw the lines... Marcy is going to stay put. :wallbash:

I am still confident they are going to get somebody for the point.

I feel obligated to point out that you've been predicting a trade for a puck-carrying defenseman for about 2 seasons now.

What about signing a mid-level RFA, a young guy with "potential" Detroit has one in Justin Abdelkader. There are others out there both older UFAs and younger RFAs. It would be interesting to see them go after one of these guys. Lot of names:

It's an interesting idea, but I get the impression that DR considers signing another team's RFA to be a jerk move (and I think many other GMs feel this way as well).

I feel obligated to point out that you've been predicting a trade for a puck-carrying defenseman for about 2 seasons now.

It's an interesting idea, but I get the impression that DR considers signing another team's RFA to be a jerk move (and I think many other GMs feel this way as well).

Yet it is done all the time in Football, Basketball and Baseball....hmmm still in the stone ages or just pure collusion, I smell a lawsuit. I like Abdelkador (sp) with Detroit. Such a move would be nice.

I know and all I can say that there is not always unanimous opinion in the front office regarding ways to improve the team.

I know and all I can say that there is not always unanimous opinion in the front office regarding ways to improve the team.

Is there even the opinion that the Sabres need to improve in their front office? I truly wonder if this front office spends time trying to figure out ways to improve the team or if they spend their time coming up with excuses. IMO, we are all in for yet another disappointing off-season. I expect that even you will be posting of your great disappointment in coming weeks.

KILLING THEM?

If winning the Cup is killing them, I would love the Sabres to die a thousand deaths please!

I am going to get killed for this but what about Miller to the Flyers for Richards or Carter and Carle or Coburn. Then we sign a FA goalie and wait for Enroth to develop for the franchise goalie.

In a heart beat. No way in ###### the Flyers would do it though.

I am going to get killed for this but what about Miller to the Flyers for Richards or Carter and Carle or Coburn. Then we sign a FA goalie and wait for Enroth to develop for the franchise goalie.

That's not such a bizzare idea, I was thinking SJ for Pavelski and Boyle. Of course this would never, never happen.

In a heart beat. No way in ###### the Flyers would do it though.

Oh, please. There is NFW the Flyers are trading Richards, and there is NFW the Sabres are trading Miller. Furthermore, no Sabres fan should be remotely interested in trading Miller to Philly unless Richards is coming back in the deal.

Well fridays come and gone. Is anyone really all that surprised by the inactivity by Regier and co. ? Its more of the same from Darcy while teams that are already better continually try to improve. Boston being one that comes to mind.

Archived