Ryan Miller

SabresneedaCup

i cant stand ryan miller and never really liked him mostly because of his personality. he seems very egotistical and i dont like how he insults our players. can you imagine if anyone of the players insulted him? hed probly cry. i dont think the players like him and its for good reason.

anyway about him on the ice hes definately overrated. hes good but all you have to do is wire a wrist shot high and its a goal. and whats with all the garbage goals he lets in? how many times have the sabres been 2 to 0 or 3 to 0 but with 5 minutes left miller lets in the most pathetic goal ever. thats why he never gets shutouts.

in 05 06 how was he any better than biron? i remember miller getting a hand injury and biron stepped in and won 14 games in a row! 14! and if you look at birons stats before the lockout they were pretty good even though the rest of the was not very good. i never understood how miller was any better than biron, he may be now but not a few years ago.

to somes things up miller is a d bag who is overrated and i dont like him.

Ryan at his worst is Leighton. Ryan just mediocre is Niemi.

He's really good. He's relatively inexpensive. Goalie is one position we just don't have to worry about for some time. Complaining about him is just a waste if time considering the other issues plaguing this team.

i cant stand ryan miller and never really liked him mostly because of his personality. he seems very egotistical and i dont like how he insults our players. can you imagine if anyone of the players insulted him? hed probly cry. i dont think the players like him and its for good reason.

anyway about him on the ice hes definately overrated. hes good but all you have to do is wire a wrist shot high and its a goal. and whats with all the garbage goals he lets in? how many times have the sabres been 2 to 0 or 3 to 0 but with 5 minutes left miller lets in the most pathetic goal ever. thats why he never gets shutouts.

in 05 06 how was he any better than biron? i remember miller getting a hand injury and biron stepped in and won 14 games in a row! 14! and if you look at birons stats before the lockout they were pretty good even though the rest of the was not very good. i never understood how miller was any better than biron, he may be now but not a few years ago.

Ya know, it's one thing to post your dislike of a player because of their talent (or lack thereof) and to explain why.

Calling someone you've never met a "d bag" because you think he might be like that in real life is not only immature and off-base, but it borders on mental illness, and maybe even stalker like tendencies.

Thanks, though, for sharing your feelings with all of us. I'm sure you feel better now. Oh, and you're wrong. <_<

do you guys honestly think we can win a cup with ryan miller and the supporting cast? so then what do we have to lose by trading him.. For instance, take roy halladay the best A.L pitcher in the leaugue for some years now. Did the blue jays think that they could win it all with Roy Halladay and that supporting cast?...no. so thats why they got rid of him because they had nothing to lose.

do you guys honestly think we can win a cup with ryan miller and the supporting cast? so then what do we have to lose by trading him.. For instance, take roy halladay the best A.L pitcher in the leaugue for some years now. Did the blue jays think that they could win it all with Roy Halladay and that supporting cast?...no. so thats why they got rid of him because they had nothing to lose.

I hate baseball.

So, one argument is that it's great to not have to worry about goaltending (knock on wood) for to next few years. The opposite side says that without trading him away, we can't win with RM + ragtag bunch of SGM's.

I'd just like to say that if the front office really thought the second argument, then NOW is the time to trade him. I think his trade value is likely at an all-time high.

I'd like to think that they don't have to settle for trading away an above average goalie. Aside from getting 'lucky' with a rookie goalie (Niemi) or a comeback kid (Leighton), it still takes at a few million dollars to have a formidable goaltender. You can't just count on a rookie or a shaky acquisition having an above average playoffs. So, for the extra few million we could potentially save getting rid of RM, that brings in, what, one physical 2nd or 3rd line forward?

It's sad that the team would even have to consider trading away RM (not like he's breaking the bank either), but I feel they shouldn't have to. Of course, that being said, there are other obvious changes that need to occur. Rinse and repeat.

Ya know, it's one thing to post your dislike of a player because of their talent (or lack thereof) and to explain why.

Calling someone you've never met a "d bag" because you think he might be like that in real life is not only immature and off-base, but it borders on mental illness, and maybe even stalker like tendencies.

Thanks, though, for sharing your feelings with all of us. I'm sure you feel better now. Oh, and you're wrong. <_<

yeah i said he seems like a d bag, i dont see any harm in saying that. and why do i have to meet someone to form an opinion of them? i dont agree with that. and ya know your are a really nice person to insult me just because i have a different opinion than you. you need to grow up dude cause sometimes people disagree with one another.

For instance, take roy halladay the best A.L pitcher in the leaugue for some years now. Did the blue jays think that they could win it all with Roy Halladay and that supporting cast?...no. so thats why they got rid of him because they had nothing to lose.

Roy Halladay, who was just extended by the Phillies at $20 million per season, was traded away by the Blue Jays, who have just a $63 million payroll (22nd in the MLB), before he became a free agent? No way; shocker. That trade was about money. There is no salary cap in the MLB, so a team like Toronto can't afford to keep a star caliber player once he is a free agent. I'm amazed that they even paid him $15 million this year. They dumped him for prospects so they could keep their payroll down.

I might trade Miller for a decent (i.e., legit starter, but not top-tier) and a star-caliber center. While some teams have done well will mediocre goaltenders, the difference between their top forwards and ours is more than what you'd get back.

yeah i said he seems like a d bag, i dont see any harm in saying that. and why do i have to meet someone to form an opinion of them? i dont agree with that. and ya know your are a really nice person to insult me just because i have a different opinion than you. you need to grow up dude cause sometimes people disagree with one another.

I didn't insult your opinion or the fact your opinion was different than mine. I disagree with people all the time and frankly enjoy the ensuing conversations.

I insulted your formula you used to form your opinion of Miller. You insulted him as a person, not a player. That's your right, but when you broadcast your personal opinions of others on a public forum, you tend to get feedback on it. Sucks for you.... :rolleyes:

I didn't insult your opinion or the fact your opinion was different than mine. I disagree with people all the time and frankly enjoy the ensuing conversations.

I insulted your formula you used to form your opinion of Miller. You insulted him as a person, not a player. That's your right, but when you broadcast your personal opinions of others on a public forum, you tend to get feedback on it. Sucks for you.... :rolleyes:

i also commented on how he plays too. i guess i dont like him because of how he plays AND his personality.

Roy Halladay pitches once every 5 games, or 32 games over a 162 game season, he may not even pitch the whole game, or get a win or loss in those games (in 2009 he only has a record for 27 games). Therefor he impacts only 20% of the season for his baseball team AT MOST and that number is really even lower.

Ryan Miller played 69/82 games or 84% of the season for Buffalo, all game, unless you wanna be annoying and count maybe the one or two where he was pulled..

And you asked what do you have to lose by trading him? You have a gaping hole in net to add with all the other problems you're complaining about.

You people amaze me.

i also commented on how he plays too. i guess i dont like him because of how he plays AND his personality.

your complaint was that he lets in a goal with 2 minutes to go when we're up 3-0....

OH NO!

Did he get the win? Yeah. What are you more concerned with, his SO numbers or the Sabres winning?

and one more thing, what were you hoping to get in return for Ryan Miller?

It wasn't a star player was it? I mean, why would someone trade a star player for a goalie that's a dbag and isn't even that good right? I say we trade Miller for Hartnell and a conditional 5th round pick. I know, we might have to sweeten the pot, Myers should do it.

I've met Ryan a few times, once at a signing which really doesn't count, and twice out and about randomly. He's always been very nice, easy to talk to, and in no way an arrogant a-hole.

Look I don't know what he did to you but clearly you're trying to justify a personal vendetta with a couple of dated and simply wrong points. 05-06 he was a rookie... see the idea is you get better as time goes on, which he has done... statistically and literally. Ten eventaully you get old and slow down and have to retire... someone cue up "Circle of Life" from the Lion King for me. They won the division on his back this year... the few times (because, um, they won a lot) they blew a 2 goal lead... OK maybe he could have stopped them... maybe his team gave up on him. Maybe both happened last season. It's 82 games dude... if you based his entire career on the few times that actually happened last year then I don't know what to tell you... because that's dumb.

I'm not saying no one should talk about trading him... I did before but I have to admit there's validity to the idea that you don't need the best goalie anymore to win a cup, just a good one. You're just attacking him though, for really no reason. He speask his mind in the locker room... thank God someone does. I mean if we want to talk about character then let's talk about the good old boys club headed by Derek Roy who spends more time on Chippewa then in the film room and coasted through the 1st round of the playoffs. Let's talk about Tim Connonley under achieving. ######, let's talk about Vanek not living up to expectations until at the very end of the season he finally got his crap together.

Again... why do we seem to point the blame at the goalie when all the goalie did was play an unreasonable amount of games during the season and put up Hasek like stats? He only started for Team USA and, provided a fluke doesn't happen, will win the Vezina. What more could you ever ask for from one player? You want to trade him for a top player because of a difference of philosophy.. OK sure. You want to get rid of him because you think he's a dick and Biron outplayed him 5 years ago... yeah...

Archived