Darcy Regier

SabresneedaCup

I suggest a new thread next year. Those posters that seem to want to disregard the record and want to point out the style points, quality of wins and stats that may or may not be official can grade each and every game and award points, just like in gymnastics.

Only criteria, you have to watch all games played by all teams so all teams are held to the same standard.

I suggest a new thread next year. Those posters that seem to want to disregard the record and want to point out the style points, quality of wins and stats that may or may not be official can grade each and every game and award points, just like in gymnastics.

Only criteria, you have to watch all games played by all teams so all teams are held to the same standard.

I doubt the judges in gymnastics watch every single gymnastic competition that happens during the year. I'd guess you could pick any sport and find not very many judges watch every competition during a season.

You could form a committee to create a standard that people should follow for judging.

C'mon. Don't you already know what the quality was of a win against Tampa 7 to 2? I have to believe that you weren't too surprised at the Sabres fate these playoffs. I wasn't.

C'mon. Don't you already know what the quality was of a win against Tampa 7 to 2? I have to believe that you weren't too surprised at the Sabres fate these playoffs. I wasn't.

I wasn't surprised it was a tough, close series. I wouldn't of been any more surprised if Buffalo won.

They better hurry. Darcy claims they turn the squad over every four to five years.

Yeah, I'd rather be the Hurricanes because they can carry that momentum into next season. The Sabres feel to me like a team that could be on the verge of tumbling down the standings big time.

I don't think they put themselves in any position to have postseason success and that was borne out in the playoffs. The last six games of the season was a continuation of a second half collapse after being near the top of the league in January. That record through 40-50 games meant nothing come Game 1 in Buffalo.

those 40-50 games had to have meant something or else we wouldnt have made the playoffs.

I don't disagree with anything you have stated here, and in no way am I advocating the Darcy is the worse GM I've seen. I merely pointing out that after 13 seasons and no Stanley Cup, the decisions he has made overall have not proven successful.

I guess it was the Drury/Briere fiasco combined with how much time him and Ruff have had with the organization that I really started to question Quinn and Galisano's decision to keep them on. I'm sure both Regier and Ruff are nice guys and both have hockey backgrounds. I am not sure what the pinpointed reason is for the lack of ultimate success, I've always had the opinion that adversity in conjuction with a failed plan or a failure to implement the plan through various situations has led to their short comings.

im down for firing both of them, but if i had to keep one i would keep regier.

What everyone is missing is that with a coach you look at the players he has to coach when evaluating the job he has done whether good or bad. With the G.M. you look at the entire body of work not just the last 3 or 4 year plan out of a total of 4 plans overall. 12 years of failed plans. How much time do you give this guy? Sure the current roster is in about year 3 of the new incarnation but what about the 9 years of failure he got a free ride on previous to that? Loyalty in sports is fine but repeating the same mistakes over and over with the same results was einsteins definition of insanity.

I might also add that this league is filled with capable hockey people. Regier is'nt our only option.Some Buffalo fans seem to act like a jilted boyfriend with low self esteem thats afraid there's no one else out there so they keep hangin on. Man up.(I know I know,that analogy sucked but its apt)

I might also add that this league is filled with capable hockey people. Regier is'nt our only option.Some Buffalo fans seem to act like a jilted boyfriend with low self esteem thats afraid there's no one else out there so they keep hangin on. Man up.(I know I know,that analogy sucked but its apt)

I'm not the spelling police but can u stop doing this? Now back to the thread...

I think it's safe to say that only a small portion of fans prefer to have Status Quo in power. Many of us are completely dissatisfied with the apathetic approach to building a hockey team the current front office has. I think many fans would welcome a high level change. I don't think your analogy fits. For the majority I think it is the opposite. We are waiting for that major shakeup that brings in new blood and new ideas to turn this franchise back around and towards being a actual Cup contender. To use your analogy, we are not a jilted boyfriend with low self esteem, we are the boyfriend stuck with Regier who is lifeless, just lays there and brings no excitement to the relationship.

DeLuca I agree. Your analogy is on the money. I'm waiting for him to spice it up but it'll be a cold day in helll before he excites me. If he does make moves(substancial)I'll be the first to acknowledge I was wrong and give credit where credits due.

DeLuca I agree. Your analogy is on the money. I'm waiting for him to spice it up but it'll be a cold day in helll before he excites me. If he does make moves(substancial)I'll be the first to acknowledge I was wrong and give credit where credits due.

You do know what the argument will be all summer. What constitutes a "substantial" move. Last year Montador was considered "substantial." The year before Lalime was "substantial."

Archived