Sabres ticket prices are going up!

LabattBlue

Supply and demand. Tough to justify holding the price when there's a waiting list. The increases are modest, and the salary cap is supposed to go up, right?

Mbossy, I think the article said that we'll receive those letters in about ten days.

Supply and demand. Tough to justify holding the price when there's a waiting list. The increases are modest, and the salary cap is supposed to go up, right?

Mbossy, I think the article said that we'll receive those letters in about ten days.

You'll also need to put 10% down by June 18th to reserve the seats. I'm pretty sure I lost the Sabresbuck card, there goes another $2 for a replacement. :censored:

I had season tickets last season, and I will not be renewing.

Most games the arena was half asleep.

I doubt DR makes any huge moves this summer, which means I'm expecting more of the same.

But part of me thinks that now upon reaching this decision, DR will make some big moves and the Sabres will be fire next year. :thumbsup::wallbash: That'd be my luck.

I can only dream of being in a position to buy season tickets so feel fortunate those of you that are close enough to Buffalo to partake.For those of you disappointed with sabre managements efforts its simple,don't renew.Someone else will gladly take your place at the games.Its a double edged sword.Support the team to the point of waiting lists or boycot the product to hopefully see change.The sabres need the support to continue to be a viable franchise in Buffalo but in my opinion need to hear loud and clear that fans don't want to support the status quo of an average team that may never seriously compete.Boycotting the product won't happen in a hockey mad city such as Buffalo.Or will it.Will fans patience wear thin or does Regier and co. feed fans hust enough hope to keep them hangin on?

I doubt DR makes any huge moves this summer, which means I'm expecting more of the same.

But part of me thinks that now upon reaching this decision, DR will make some big moves and the Sabres will be fire next year. :thumbsup::wallbash: That'd be my luck.

Cue the derailment.... :ph34r:

Dude. Don't do it. There's a waiting list of over 2,000 people. U may wait a long time to get back in.

My suggestion? Pony up the money, keep the seats, sell all but one or two on StubHub (you'll get ur $ back). U can always sell for ur cost to friends, much cheaper for them than window prices.

You'll be happy u didn't give them up when playoffs come. Sure, sure, everyone wants to make a statement by not renewing but they'll still sell the seats. Just my 2cents.

No, go ahead and give up your seats disgruntled Sabres fans. Me and the other 2000 fans will gobble up your tickets!!!

I did not renew my Bills season tickets in hopes of getting Sabes Season Tix instead. So I DARE YOU not to renew! HA HA HA!

Man the choices you existing Sabres season ticket holders have....

1) Renew even though I am unhappy with the team.

2) Give up my seats and if I ever want to reup another year or two later I will have to get in the back of the line.

Have fun with your delima, I will be waiting to hear a call from the ticket office that my number has been called.

:thumbsup:

No, go ahead and give up your seats disgruntled Sabres fans. Me and the other 2000 fans will gobble up your tickets!!!

I did not renew my Bills season tickets in hopes of getting Sabes Season Tix instead. So I DARE YOU not to renew! HA HA HA!

2) Give up my seats and if I ever want to reup another year or two later I will have to get in the back of the line.

Have fun with your delima, I will be waiting to hear a call from the ticket office that my number has been called.

I will be renewing, so keep waiting. :nana:

I picked up your Bills seats.

PTR

Dude. Don't do it. There's a waiting list of over 2,000 people. U may wait a long time to get back in.

My suggestion? Pony up the money, keep the seats, sell all but one or two on StubHub (you'll get ur $ back). U can always sell for ur cost to friends, much cheaper for them than window prices.

You'll be happy u didn't give them up when playoffs come. Sure, sure, everyone wants to make a statement by not renewing but they'll still sell the seats. Just my 2cents.

Really, if I had the spare cash laying around, I would still renew.

I just can't commit the $900. Things aren't looking good economically for me :bag:

Sounds like a brilliant bit of marketing -- the Sabres have created the idea that tickets will be hard to get if you give up your seasons. Ah, the old waiting list. So it's not that the games are entertaining or that the team is good that has the arena packed to the rafters? Maybe that's why it's a dungeon. Are seasons Buffalo's "status symbol"?

I wonder how many folks on that waiting list really would jump at the chance to buy seasons.

Sounds like a brilliant bit of marketing -- the Sabres have created the idea that tickets will be hard to get if you give up your seasons. Ah, the old waiting list. So it's not that the games are entertaining or that the team is good that has the arena packed to the rafters? Maybe that's why it's a dungeon. Are seasons Buffalo's "status symbol"?

I wonder how many folks on that waiting list really would jump at the chance to buy seasons.

The cost of a season ticket is a pretty steep price to pay to sit there and hope the bottle catches the lightning again.

5% increase in prices isn't that bad. Average annual rate of inflation is about 2-4% it's about keeping up with rise in consumer cost I think. Plus, with the waiting list, it looks justifiable. Anyone "protesting" the rise in cost isn't going to be making a statement since there is obviously someone waiting to take your place. The only thing you've done lose your spot. Plus, compared to the rest of the league, it's still a good price. I'd buy them no problem if I could.

The arena being half asleep reflects the play of the team.

If they would have done anything at the trade deadline they might have had a few extra home playoff games and this increase wouldn't have been needed. The fans are paying out of pocket for Darcy's ineptitude.

Unfortunately, that's not the way pricing works. If anything, another round of playoffs would have increased demand for next season, allowing them to raise ticket prices further.

Unfortunately, that's not the way pricing works. If anything, another round of playoffs would have increased demand for next season, allowing them to raise ticket prices further.

So the extra revenue from additional playoff games wouldn't have made a difference?

So the extra revenue from additional playoff games wouldn't have made a difference?

Not in their decision to raise prices. Raising prices has nothing to do with the past season's success. Its all about supply and demand. You price your product at what you think the market will pay. If you had an item that someone was willing to pay $10 for, why would you sell it for $8?

Not in their decision to raise prices. Raising prices has nothing to do with the past season's success. Its all about supply and demand. You price your product at what you think the market will pay. If you had an item that someone was willing to pay $10 for, why would you sell it for $8?

How are the Sabres gauging that supply and demand? Have the renewal notices already gone out and been returned? Is it right to to charge more after a fan decided to renew? Can that fan still cancel. Not being a smart a$$. Trying to understand that process.

Archived