Sabres ticket prices are going up!

LabattBlue

How are the Sabres gauging that supply and demand? Have the renewal notices already gone out and been returned? Is it right to to charge more after a fan decided to renew? Can that fan still cancel. Not being a smart a$$. Trying to understand that process.

That's the job of the business department. Its educated guessing through careful analysis. Sometimes they miss the mark and they will have to make adjustments. No matter what you think about the hockey operations, they have been pretty savvy on the business side. Even what some perceive as their mistakes (uniform) has turned into a great money grab.

Also, remember as part of the CBA, the team is required to hit certain revenue marks in order to maximize profit sharing.

That's the job of the business department. Its educated guessing through careful analysis. Sometimes they miss the mark and they will have to make adjustments. No matter what you think about the hockey operations, they have been pretty savvy on the business side. Even what some perceive as their mistakes (uniform) has turned into a great money grab.

Also, remember as part of the CBA, the team is required to hit certain revenue marks in order to maximize profit sharing.

If this team missed the playoff for a third straight year, in you opinion, does the increase still happen?

If this team missed the playoff for a third straight year, in you opinion, does the increase still happen?

Probably, because they would have replaced DR and LR.

If not no, and that is part of the analysis. There are right times and wrong times to announce unpopular news.

Let me ask you something off topic, if DR and LR were let go along with Briere and Drury and whoever replaced them had the same exact three years, would you be more optimistic heading into the off season?

Let me ask you something off topic, if DR and LR were let go along with Briere and Drury and whoever replaced them had the same exact three years, would you be more optimistic heading into the off season?

I would say that the second half of the season looking an awful lot like the first two years of their (hypothetical) tenure and how much of a role Miller played in the success of the first half (not all, but a big part), would have me very much concerned. With Darcy, you can at least say "well, he did trade for Drury and Briere once" and hope he pulls off something like that again. If you are suggesting an upward trend, I'd be hard pressed to say that there has been one over, say, just a high realization of noise in an otherwise stable system. I'm not on Deluca's level, by any means, but I'm not confident that the existing core, if left predominantly intact, will improve next year.

I would say that the second half of the season looking an awful lot like the first two years of their (hypothetical) tenure and how much of a role Miller played in the success of the first half (not all, but a big part), would have me very much concerned. With Darcy, you can at least say "well, he did trade for Drury and Briere once" and hope he pulls off something like that again. If you are suggesting an upward trend, I'd be hard pressed to say that there has been one over, say, just a high realization of noise in an otherwise stable system. I'm not on Deluca's level, by any means, but I'm not confident that the existing core, if left predominantly intact, will improve next year.

I'm not suggesting that the existing core will improve either. What I am saying is that if all we knew of Darcy Reiger was what he did the last three years we would be confident that they would improve the core and rid the team of dead weight.

You know that I have been as critical as anyone of the management, but looking back in retrospect, I am not sure that they didn't do it mostly right from the point after Drury and Briere left with the exception of Brian Campbell. Its easy now to say that I told you so with regard to Stafford, Roy and Connolly, but could any of us been absolutely sure? If Roy and Stafford turned into legitimate top 3 forwards, this team would be as good as any. Going forward, I expect some new blood being brought in but I don't see the need for a massive overhaul.

I'm not suggesting that the existing core will improve either. What I am saying is that if all we knew of Darcy Reiger was what he did the last three years we would be confident that they would improve the core and rid the team of dead weight.

You know that I have been as critical as anyone of the management, but looking back in retrospect, I am not sure that they didn't do it mostly right from the point after Drury and Briere left with the exception of Brian Campbell. Its easy now to say that I told you so with regard to Stafford, Roy and Connolly, but could any of us been absolutely sure? If Roy and Stafford turned into legitimate top 3 forwards, this team would be as good as any. Going forward, I expect some new blood being brought in but I don't see the need for a massive overhaul.

To give fair credit, Deluca has been a one-man wrecking ball in regards to Timmy long before the season started. ######, it may go back 2-3 years. He was right and most of us were wrong, plain and simple...

5% increase in prices isn't that bad. Average annual rate of inflation is about 2-4% it's about keeping up with rise in consumer cost I think. Plus, with the waiting list, it looks justifiable. Anyone "protesting" the rise in cost isn't going to be making a statement since there is obviously someone waiting to take your place. The only thing you've done lose your spot. Plus, compared to the rest of the league, it's still a good price. I'd buy them no problem if I could.

Exactly... its very simple to justify the price raise when you've got a line of people wanting these tickets. I can't say I approve of ticket prices being raised, who does?? The simple fact is that we are in charge of the price of the tickets. If we didn't want to see the games, buy season tickets, pay for a hot dog and beer while we're there, the prices would be much lower. We are the masters of our own fate. I'm not about to give up my tickets, so I'll bend over and take it to watch the game that I love. If you're looking to go to single games, don't buy the first tickets you find from a third party, search around and find a reasonable price: http://www.dollystickets.com/nhl-hockey/buffalo-sabres-tickets.html. This site offered very reasonable ticket prices for the NHL playoffs.

To give fair credit, Deluca has been a one-man wrecking ball in regards to Timmy long before the season started. ######, it may go back 2-3 years. He was right and most of us were wrong, plain and simple...

If you rip apart everybody, you are bound to be right eventually.

I'm still hesitant to throw Campbell in that same group. Yes, he could have been had for much cheaper than he wound up signing for, but I'm not convinced it ever would have been worth it. If anything, the key mistake would probably be not finding someone to replace his role.

But yes, the massive overhaul is obviously not going to happen and it isn't really necessary. Moving one or two of those guys from the core could go a very long way towards this team's future. There is a lot of potential with this current batch of young guys. If they progress it is not nearly the end of the world that has been painted on this board.

You beat me to it.

This reminds me of those over at TBD that would complain how I never say anything positive about the Bills. I do when they deserve it. They just hadn't deserved since way before the internet was developed as we know it today.

I give praise when players and the front office deserve. There just hasn't been many reasons to lately.

I'm still hesitant to throw Campbell in that same group. Yes, he could have been had for much cheaper than he wound up signing for, but I'm not convinced it ever would have been worth it. If anything, the key mistake would probably be not finding someone to replace his role.

But yes, the massive overhaul is obviously not going to happen and it isn't really necessary. Moving one or two of those guys from the core could go a very long way towards this team's future. There is a lot of potential with this current batch of young guys. If they progress it is not nearly the end of the world that has been painted on this board.

You beat me to it.

Not to put you on the spot. This almost qualifies as a actual opinion. How about naming a few of the young guys and what real potential do they have. Myers is a given so he is off the board. I'll give you a few days to think it over because I know this is new for you.

Not to put you on the spot. This almost qualifies as a actual opinion. How about naming a few of the young guys and what real potential do they have. Myers is a given so he is off the board. I'll give you a few days to think it over because I know this is new for you.

NOOOOOOooooo! Not the dreaded,..[cough],..P-word?!?!!!!!

I know he pretty much already said this, but I haven't seen him rip anyone that didn't deserve it.

I'm not the typical "doom and gloom" fan, but if the shoe fits.... this current roster leaves much to be desired from top to bottom, including coaching and F/O.

I just can't bring myself to knock someone who is dissatisfied with the current Sabres product.

You rant and rave like a delusional fool. If you want to call that an opinion, so be it. I prefer to call you a raving lunatic.

-Anyway, there's obviously different types of potential we're talking about here. You have your top end guys like Myers and Miller (hate to call that potential, but it's definitely a positive from the team prospective).

-I don't know how you overlook the fact that Ennis may very well have been the best player over the course of this series. That's a lot from a 20 year old with essentially no NHL time under his belt.

-I'd like to think that Kennedy learned from his Recchi manhandling. If he did, he will be an asset to this team.

-People like to whine about them, but there is still plenty of hope from the Butler/Sekera combo. Sekera's time is limited, but Butler will just be entering his third season of professional hockey.

-You've always seemed to be pretty pro-Mike Weber. Who knows where that one goes, but we'll see.

-As shocking as it might seem, I'm willing to see what happens with Gerbe, though I still think his best values is as trade bait.

-The current glut of defensive prospects is a positive as well. Those will be valuable trading chips over the next two years.

-Vanek's still Vanek. It won't take much of a bounce back there to put up close to 40.

Look, it may not be what you're hoping for, but it's far from the team of absolutely nothing but two players that you're painting it to be. But then again, you've never been one for rationality.

I know he pretty much already said this, but I haven't seen him rip anyone that didn't deserve it.

I'm not the typical "doom and gloom" fan, but if the shoe fits.... this current roster leaves much to be desired from top to bottom, including coaching and F/O.

I just can't bring myself to knock someone who is dissatisfied with the current Sabres product.

a) and I should have responded to this from your first post, Deluca was hardly a one-man wrecking crew when it comes to Connolly, but whatever.

b) if you agree that they should blow up a team that won the division last year, there isn't much left to say.

You rant and rave like a delusional fool. If you want to call that an opinion, so be it. I prefer to call you a raving lunatic.

-Anyway, there's obviously different types of potential we're talking about here. You have your top end guys like Myers and Miller (hate to call that potential, but it's definitely a positive from the team prospective).

-I don't know how you overlook the fact that Ennis may very well have been the best player over the course of this series. That's a lot from a 20 year old with essentially no NHL time under his belt.

-I'd like to think that Kennedy learned from his Recchi manhandling. If he did, he will be an asset to this team.

-People like to whine about them, but there is still plenty of hope from the Butler/Sekera combo. Sekera's time is limited, but Butler will just be entering his third season of professional hockey.

-You've always seemed to be pretty pro-Mike Weber. Who knows where that one goes, but we'll see.

-As shocking as it might seem, I'm willing to see what happens with Gerbe, though I still think his best values is as trade bait.

-The current glut of defensive prospects is a positive as well. Those will be valuable trading chips over the next two years.

-Vanek's still Vanek. It won't take much of a bounce back there to put up close to 40.

Look, it may not be what you're hoping for, but it's far from the team of absolutely nothing but two players that you're painting it to be. But then again, you've never been one for rationality.

Every team in the league has a list that looks just like that. It doesn't really distinguish the Sabres as being any better than they were this year.

a) and I should have responded to this from your first post, Deluca was hardly a one-man wrecking crew when it comes to Connolly, but whatever.

b) if you agree that they should blow up a team that won the division last year, there isn't much left to say.

What about blowing up the team that couldn't score a PP goal in the playoffs?

Every team in the league has a list that looks just like that. It doesn't really distinguish the Sabres as being any better than they were this year.

What about blowing up the team that couldn't score a PP goal in the playoffs?

I think the Capitals should stay the course. They have something special going there. Oh wait, they scored 1 in 40 chances.

I think the Capitals should stay the course. They have something special going there. Oh wait, they scored 1 in 40 chances.

I think that's a really good point. They are also going to have to move some pieces if they want to have more success in the playoffs. They are built like the '05-'07 Sabres. They had the same in-season hype with the same post-season success (actually a little less due to the difference in goaltending).

It's not to say that they're better off than certain other teams, but it's definitely not the black hole of an organization that some would like to think.

DR parting with his promising prospects? I'll believe it when I see it.

They can't possibly hold onto as many as they have right now. And that depth isn't just a one year thing. They'll still have it one-two years down the road. I won't ignore the possibility that a completely GM might be in control at that point.

I doubt you seriously want to compare the Sabres roster to the Caps. The only thing the Sabres would have in their favor is goaltending.

It's not to say that they're better off than certain other teams, but it's definitely not the black hole of an organization that some would like to think.

We haven't liked the results from the past three seasons. We are then told to be hopeful because there is a lot of potential in the pipeline. Yet that potential isn't really any better than every other team's potential and doesn't make us any better than them. How exactly is that not the same black hole we've been in.

The only thing that will make me care about the Sabres as much as I want to next season will be a monster deal for a center and a monster deal for a D man. In other words, blowing it up. Minor trades and "potential" just don't cut it for me anymore.

That, or getting rid of Lindy. :lol:

We haven't liked the results from the past three seasons. We are then told to be hopeful because there is a lot of potential in the pipeline. Yet that potential isn't really any better than every other team's potential and doesn't make us any better than them. How exactly is that not the same black hole we've been in.

So does that put every other team in a black hole as well? Sure, when you talk about potential, there's the chance that they never actually take that next step, but the entire league is built on that idea. Either way, to say that there is absolutely nothing positive about this team right now is flat out absurd. People need to put the pitchforks down and put out those torches.

The only thing that will make me care about the Sabres as much as I want to next season will be a monster deal for a center and a monster deal for a D man. In other words, blowing it up. Minor trades and "potential" just don't cut it for me anymore.

What do you think if they make one of those deals, specifically, the center?

Starting today, I'm playing the "we won the division" drinking game.

:beer:

Archived