Why did Buffalo Lose to Boston in the first round

Jman04644

Let's not forget that the Bruins were the first seed in the east last year and they had a spate of injuries all season long. They're truly not a 7th seed, and that damn trap allows them to shut everyone down.

They had Kessel and Savard last season, which they did not have against us in this series (Kessel was in Toronto and Savard was in the infirmary.) Those two had a combined 61G/87A/148P in 2008-09.

The answer is simple:

Buffalo is trying to be a trap team like Boston, but Boston has better trap players.

So does Montreal.

The 3 stooges said it themselves, when two teams are playing a tight defensive style anything can happen.

What a comment that was!

The gameplan by their own admission is playing a style that puts them in a position where anything can happen.

This isn't related to the thread specifically, but I'm curious why several postings would all be listed as the same post #? I've seen at least three different posts (on completely different threads) from FirstLineCenter that are all listed as post #5. That's weird.

This isn't related to the thread specifically, but I'm curious why several postings would all be listed as the same post #? I've seen at least three different posts (on completely different threads) from FirstLineCenter that are all listed as post #5. That's weird.

That's his post total, well, if you don't count the ones under other names.

That's how many posts he's had since joining (under name, etc), not the thread post number (upper right of post)

The Sabres don't play the trap.

The only way you can say that the Sabres don't play the trap is on the basis of how poor they are at it.

Anything else is semantics.

Fans can label Ruff's system anything they choose, they can call Paul Hamilton who's the authority for most of the forum dingbats, maybe he'll give them a fancy label for Ruff's twist on the trap and that will convince them that it isn't.

That's how many posts he's had since joining (under name, etc), not the thread post number (upper right of post)

No I get how that works, but there are three different posts from him (under that name) in the following threads all listed as post 5 for that person:

Why did Buffalo Lose to Boston in the first round (thread post #27)

Sandpaper the Lineup (thread post #12)

Ask Bill Hoppe (thread post #273)

Very strange. I thought you were limited with how many you could post in a certain timeframe so maybe the computer was confused.

There it is again! Within this same thread posts 32 and 34 are both listed as post 7.

You should count how many time he had to be booted in order to protect your status on this forum.

When you want to pretend you have knowledge you look to silence anyone who exposes the fact that you don't have clue one.

You should count how many time he had to be booted in order to protect your status on this forum.

When you want to pretend you have knowledge you look to silence anyone who exposes the fact that you don't have clue one.

Dude, it's sad that you are so angry and have nothing better to do with your time. Why don't you spare the mods the trouble and just go away now?

No I get how that works, but there are three different posts from him (under that name) in the following threads all listed as post 5 for that person:

Why did Buffalo Lose to Boston in the first round (thread post #27)

Sandpaper the Lineup (thread post #12)

Ask Bill Hoppe (thread post #273)

Very strange. I thought you were limited with how many you could post in a certain timeframe so maybe the computer was confused.

Threatened by someone who actually knows nhl hockey.

Hey how did Paulie Gaustad do in the playoffs boy?

Answer me boy!

I think you're about to enter that 3rd stage of truth in regard to the GooseEgg.

Now what you're going to do is deny all the BS you and the rest of these know-nothings have been spewing for the last 3 years.

Oh no hockey isn't the concern right now we have to get rid of this guy so we can get back to patting each other on the back and playing pretend, we like to pretend we know what we're talking about over here LOL.

The only way you can say that the Sabres don't play the trap is on the basis of how poor they are at it.

Anything else is semantics.

Fans can label Ruff's system anything they choose, they can call Paul Hamilton who's the authority for most of the forum dingbats, maybe he'll give them a fancy label for Ruff's twist on the trap and that will convince them that it isn't.

They may play their system - and, no, Lindy did not make it up - poorly at times, I won't argue that, but it's not a neutral-zone trap. It's not even a small tweak. Third-man high with activated defensemen and responsible coverage by the forwards is not a trap. Lindy's system has far more in common with Detroit's system than the system New Jersey made famous in the 90's, and that's not by accident.

Answer me boy!

I think you're about to enter that 3rd stage of truth in regard to the GooseEgg.

Apparently you have difficulty reading, as I am clearly not a boy. And I fail to see how you insisting on your ability to school everyone without actually saying anything of substance proves that you know a thing about the Sabres.

They may play their system - and, no, Lindy did not make it up - poorly at times, I won't argue that, but it's not a neutral-zone trap. It's not even a small tweak. Third-man high with activated defensemen and responsible coverage by the forwards is not a trap. Lindy's system has far more in common with Detroit's system than the system New Jersey made famous in the 90's, and that's not by accident.

Again you can argue the version of trap all day long and it amounts to nothing more than blowing gas.

Hia 'system' is nothing more than a modified trap.

semantics

He's trying to beat teams that are far better suited to play these systems and it won't work just as I forecasted many times and have been labeled a troll and banned many times for teaching.

Won't work, I said over and over, again and again, Grier and Gaustad are not in any way shape or form shutdown players.

No version of the trap makes any sense for this lineup regardless of what fancy label you want to put on it.

Oh but look at us we have the division title and we rank blah blah blah in defense for the regular season you don't know what you're talking about troll, who are you to question the Sabres.

LMFAO

I told you clowns that once the playoffs start you'll see teams beat Lindy with his own systems.

You'll see teams that don't drop 5 men back in the regular season, do it in the playoffs and do it far better than Buffalo.

Fortunately a team can only get eliminated from the playoffs once, otherwise I would have been proven right numerous times.

Apparently you have difficulty reading, as I am clearly not a boy. And I fail to see how you insisting on your ability to school everyone without actually saying anything of substance proves that you know a thing about the Sabres.

Keep telling yourself that you dork.

This way you can continue to pretend that you actually know what you're talking about.

Answer me boy!

Now what you're going to do is deny all the BS you and the rest of these know-nothings have been spewing for the last 3 years.

Oh no hockey isn't the concern right now we have to get rid of this guy so we can get back to patting each other on the back and playing pretend, we like to pretend we know what we're talking about over here LOL.

Different name, same shtick. Bye.

Keep telling yourself that you dork.

This way you can continue to pretend that you actually know what you're talking about.

I thought you taught us that the way to win was to fill all four lines with high skill guys and just out score teams the way Washington did.

Again you can argue the version of trap all day long and it amounts to nothing more than blowing gas.

Hia 'system' is nothing more than a modified trap.

semantics

It's not semantics when they don't do the things that make a trap a trap. Other than at the end of a close game with a lead, they do nothing that even resembles a trap. Go tell Mike Babcock that Detroit plays a "modified trap".

And, for the record, you don't get banned for your facts and opinions, you get banned because you can't carry on a civil conversation. We all get heated from time to time, but you come out of the gate with insults. Even if you are all-knowing, one of the worst ways to teach is by being condescending. However, I'm guessing that you know that and don't care, as your intention has nothing to do with teaching. That is why you are labeled a troll.

It's not semantics when they don't do the things that make a trap a trap. Other than at the end of a close game with a lead, they do nothing that even resembles a trap. Go tell Mike Babcock that Detroit plays a "modified trap".

And, for the record, you don't get banned for your facts and opinions, you get banned because you can't carry on a civil conversation. We all get heated from time to time, but you come out of the gate with insults. Even if you are all-knowing, one of the worst ways to teach is by being condescending. However, I'm guessing that you know that and don't care, as your intention has nothing to do with teaching. That is why you are labeled a troll.

:thumbsup: and props to Korab Rules, who I think was the first to realize that x-ray had returned.

Um, what?

Archived