A prediction based on a hunch

static70

Where is your line between players' responsibility and Lindy's responsibility? I'm not saying Lindy has none, mind you. But in games 4-6, nearly every other Sabre player was giving their all to win that series. Except for Tim freakin' Connolly. To me, that says Lindy had the majority of the team pushing hard, motivated. Why not Tim? Is that Lindy's fault? Does Tim need 'special attention'?

I could excuse him if he was trying and snakebit. Maybe even an injury. But he was healthy. There's no excuse for no effort.

he was definately injured. and i dislike lindy more than the players, and also lindy only managed to get his team to show up for ONE game. if he was a good coach they would always play how they did in game 5. its ruffs fault.

I don't think its so much on how bad Connolly is, but the realities of the situation.

Roy - He can be traded, but thats not going to happen for 2 reasons. His play with Vanek and his contract.

Vanek - The only goal scorer we have.

Pomminstein - Good 2 way player, his contract is bloated however, he would be difficult to move.

Hecht - 32 going on 33 yrs old. Not a bad contract, but wouldn't get alot in return.

Stafford - Why beat this dead horse.

Connolly - Didn't show up for the playoffs at all, had a decent season, but lacks a snipers ability. Expendable.

Gaustad - The best face off man we have, but lacks the ability to show aggressiveness consistantly and can't score.

Grier - Great defensive forward, wish he would show up on the score sheet more often.

Mair - Useless

Ellis - Big Heart, No hands.

Kennedy - Young, aggressive, Hungry, Has Speed, needs linemates on line 3 that are suited with size and skill IMO.

Ennis - Great LWer for Pomminstein, need a Stud Center to complete that line.

Gerbe - Great RWer for Kennedy, again, need a center with size, skill, speed and a nasty streak, Goose ain't it.

Out of all of those named, only Connolly and Stafford are realistic to move. Connolly doesn't fit in due to the younger kids, they show more hunger on the ice. Stafford never materialized into that bruising RWer for Roy and Vanek, he's a ######.

Hecht had a very good year but that contract is awful, at least $800K over value.

The creativity we had with Afinogenov is gone, despite his weakness, and we just didn't look fast out there. Maybe we should have kept Mad Max and traded Connolly. Go ahead, flame away, but our creativity was absolute ZERO without Vanek.

What about Brayden McNabb? Just because he's not in Portland as of now doesn't mean that we won't see him there eventually on his way to Buffalo. After all, he does have that connection to Myers and has really done well so far in the juniors! I am excited that we drafted him, and that he's a couple of trades away from moving up to give us another shot at a super defenseman in Buffalo!

One more year in the juniors and then he starts working his way up in Portland. It's far too early to have a decent idea of what he will bring to the Sabres or if/when he will bring it.

One more year in the juniors and then he starts working his way up in Portland. It's far too early to have a decent idea of what he will bring to the Sabres or if/when he will bring it.

Myers didn't go to Portland, and McNabb may not have to either. If we really are going to change the face of this team and add more determination and heart, then McNabb would be the right choice. We have nothing to lose by giving him a chance this coming season like we did with Myers, and I would rather see him learn by baptism of fire than to go with average play by experienced D-men. Whether or not we get bounced out of the first round or not make the playoffs at all, the result is still the same, so I say go for it.

Myers didn't go to Portland, and McNabb may not have to either. If we really are going to change the face of this team and add more determination and heart, then McNabb would be the right choice. We have nothing to lose by giving him a chance this coming season like we did with Myers, and I would rather see him learn by baptism of fire than to go with average play by experienced D-men. Whether or not we get bounced out of the first round or not make the playoffs at all, the result is still the same, so I say go for it.

Myers was/is a far better player.

Myers was/is a far better player.

His performance so far doesn't warrant that statement, as he hasn't gotten his shot to prove himself in the NHL like Myers has. I'm sure that if you polled Sabres fans, they would much rather see a young defenseman who has been strong in the World Championships and in his league play on defense rather than the stopgaps we have now. We need fresh blood badly, and it is not much of a reach to try- we simply can't get worse on the power play!!

His performance so far doesn't warrant that statement, as he hasn't gotten his shot to prove himself in the NHL like Myers has. I'm sure that if you polled Sabres fans, they would much rather see a young defenseman who has been strong in the World Championships and in his league play on defense rather than the stopgaps we have now. We need fresh blood badly, and it is not much of a reach to try- we simply can't get worse on the power play!!

And the vast majority of Sabres fans would gladly trade Adam Mair for Crosby. That doesn't mean they know what they're talking about. How many defensemen of that age have stepped up over the years? It doesn't happen often. He'll get a look in camp and if by some chance he's ready, they'll give him a shot, but that is one major if. One thing is certain though, they sure as ###### can't count on that happening.

I could be wrong, but I don't think McNabb played in the World Juniors this past January.

Like Darcy said today the players have to earn the right to play for the Sabres. He still has some developing to do but might make a good pair with Myers someday. McNabb attended Athol Murray College Of Notre Dame – a prep school in Wilcox, Saskatchewan – with Myers. They both played for the Notre Dame Hounds in 2005-06.

McNabb also grew an inch and gained 20 pounds in the last year.

The off the wall part would be to find one person that wants Connolly on this team....

I hated his play as much as anyone on this board. My problem is that selling our core at an all time low appears to be a bad idea for value. The whole buy low, sell high expression is true and the Tin Man and Stafford could not be any lower....

I hated his play as much as anyone on this board. My problem is that selling our core at an all time low appears to be a bad idea for value. The whole buy low, sell high expression is true and the Tin Man and Stafford could not be any lower....

Perspective. Connolly had 65 points in 73 games and was a +10 this season. The Sabres finished tied for 9th in the NHL in goals scored/game. That means there are 20 NHL teams that wish they had scored as many goals as the Sabres did.

If Regier can't find a team (preferably in the Western Conference) that would want to take him on and give us something of value in return, he's just a terrible GM.

Archived