Mike Grier

elcrusho

I would cut Rivet and then make Gaustad captain. Give Tyler and Mike an 'A' on their jerseys. Tyler will eventually grow into our captain, but he still needs to get a little bigger and more accustomed to playing in the NHL

If there were only 24 teams in the NHL, Gaustad would not be on one of them.

I would cut Rivet and then make Gaustad captain. Give Tyler and Mike an 'A' on their jerseys. Tyler will eventually grow into our captain, but he still needs to get a little bigger and more accustomed to playing in the NHL

Gaustad has gone from potential captain to barely a 4th line center who is a below average skater and is nowhere near the physical presence he was 3 or 4 years ago.

There are plenty of players in the NHL or AHL who could fill the same role and probably a lot better for a LOT less than 2.3 mil cap hit.

grier is just heart and soul, man.

heart. and. soul.

make Gaustad captain

i don't get this at all (even though it's a widely held belief). the guy has regressed and appears unwilling to fulfill the role for which he was pegged (defensively sound 3rd line center with consistent, physical presence).

Needs to be re-signed NOW, and deserves an 'A' on his jersey

Hopefully we get our wish. I'm sure the Sabres would want him, the question is at what term/price. Maybe Mike wants to stay - this was from Bucky's article today:

Grier knows they're going in the right direction, which is why the consummate professional hopes to sign a contract extension in the next few weeks.

Can we please stop labeling young kids as future captains. It's been said about half the players on the roster over the last couple years on this board. He's a 20 year old kid. We don't have the slightest clue what kind of leader he is or how he will changes once he completes puberty.

Gaustad has gone from big body leader who is great at faceoffs to zip, nada, nothing!! He does not even deserve a spot on this team let alone a letter

I am a big supporter of re-signing Grier as well. I'm disappointed in Gaustad. He didn't bring it and I thought he would. I think any new captains past Rivet are not on the team. I like Grier as captain but he may not be here long and I would like to see a guy who's going to be here for a while. Miller doesn't want it and dont' think he should have it because that's too much on his shoulders. *Sigh*

Why? Because he wins faceoffs? Hardly enough reason to be named captain.

Archived