McCormick recalled

wildcat48

The lightbulb finally went on and DR & LR have come to the realization that their small soft team isn't going to cut it? I've been calling for McCormick to get a shot all year long.

Lets see what he brings to Game 4.

I like it :thumbsup:

The lightbulb finally went on and DR & LR have come to the realization that their small soft team isn't going to cut it? I've been calling for McCormick to get a shot all year long.

:thumbsup: 6'3" 215 lbs of man size hockey player. Played 66 games in the west for Colorado last year, knows the physical side of hockey and a center to boot. Lets hope he can provide some hard hits and the spark that no other forward seemed willing. Maybe Torres and him would make a nice start to a nasty brothers line.

:thumbsup: 6'3" 215 lbs of man size hockey player. Played 66 games in the west for Colorado last year, knows the physical side of hockey and a center to boot. Lets hope he can provide some hard hits and the spark that no other forward seemed willing. Maybe Torres and him would make a nice start to a nasty brothers line.

Agreed - he's a good 4th liner, an Adam Mair type. He won't help on the offensive side of things, unfortunately. His numbers in the AHL are very modest, and his NHL numbers the past two seasons are exactly why he's playing in the AHL.

But ######, if he comes roaring in with energy and a chip on his shoulder, maybe he can inspire those above him to play with some more guts.

He replaces Ellis. How is that any change to this team at all?

cody is mean, real mean. he is a pretty good skater and can track guys. gerbe ought to be in for ennis. gerbe is a fighter. he is a little rat. butler should be in for sekara -- who sucks and always has. butler will play well and he ought to go in with rivet. lastly, torres should be on connolly's line. the game will be one game difference. sabres win and they have home ice back...

stay tuned...

Agreed - he's a good 4th liner, an Adam Mair type. He won't help on the offensive side of things, unfortunately. His numbers in the AHL are very modest, and his NHL numbers the past two seasons are exactly why he's playing in the AHL.

But ######, if he comes roaring in with energy and a chip on his shoulder, maybe he can inspire those above him to play with some more guts.

Yeah, that's my hope as well.

the Sabres are being quoted as "playing intense" by the announcers, Ruff, and the like.

As far as I am concerned, they have not played true playoff hockey until Game 3 after Boston scored their 2nd goal. The problem is, they played with that killer hustle and drive with only 6+ minutes left in the game.

If they can come out and play with that level of intensity and dictate their style of game to the Bruins, then they have a chance.

IF they come out with the lackluster effort of the 1st 3 games, then they are done.

If McCormick brings some fire, then bring it on!! Somebody needs to knock Lucic on his steroid butt!

SURPRISE CALL UP BY DARCY??

So far 3 plays have defined this series. 1.) Vanek getting WHACKED on the knee. 2.) Ellis getting SMACKED almost unconscious and 3.) Kennedy getting beaten off the puck for the game tying goal Monday night.

What's really SAD is nobody on this team is willing to drop the gloves. The call up is only surprising because

McCormick (4/18/1983, 6’3”, 215 lbs.) hasn't played a game for the Sabres this year. You know what though.....It TICKS me off because are we basically saying that nobody will fight on this team?? We score 1 goal in the last game and desperately NEED offense and we HAVE TO call up a guy that has 250 penalty minutes??? Unfortunately we do HAVE to because we have no real captain and nobody who will even think about dropping their gloves when our best player gets a 2 handed WHACK to the knee. C'mon on know guys!

Where are you Craig Rivet?

I love these Sabres but boy do they p^%S me the F&%$#$k off!

We could have used his size a couple of games ago and he'll bang and crash but I doubt very much he'll add any offence which is what we desperately need.Unfortunately all the offence in this organization comes from small skilled forwards in both the minors and the big(pardon the pun)club.

We could have used his size a couple of games ago and he'll bang and crash but I doubt very much he'll add any offence which is what we desperately need.Unfortunately all the offence in this organization comes from small skilled forwards in both the minors and the big(pardon the pun)club.

And this is going to continue to be a HUGE problem for Regier if he has any serious thoughts about the cup down the road. He doesn't have the logic to rectify this.

What kills me is that Lindy preachs a crash the net type offense. "Get shots through" , Get to the paint", and "Create traffic" are some of Lindys trademarks.

Yet Regier stays the course with his weak forwards, something has to give at some point. Someone is going to get the ax in the future, i can feel it. It has to be Regier.

More like Ellis is a bit woozy and McCormick picks up where he has worked - nitty gritty!

GO BUFFALO SABRES!!!

cody is mean, real mean. he is a pretty good skater and can track guys. gerbe ought to be in for ennis. gerbe is a fighter. he is a little rat. butler should be in for sekara -- who sucks and always has. butler will play well and he ought to go in with rivet. lastly, torres should be on connolly's line. the game will be one game difference. sabres win and they have home ice back...

stay tuned...

Sekera and Butler probably equally matched in aptitude and skill at this point in their careers with Sabres.

Kudos to Sekera for the Slovak dance with the Big Bad B yesterday! Managed that very well!

GO BUFFALO SABRES!!!

Archived