The negative ninnies have done their jobs

eball

Outside of faceoffs i just didn't see Gaustad having anything other than a typical Gaustad season, if fact, 5-on-5 he's been a defensive liability, particularly in the second half where teams have exposed his lack of speed and poor back checking fundamentals.

If they give him any significant ice time as a 3rd line center in the playoffs it will be a serious mistake.

This team needs to be 3 lines deep and I do not see them doing that with Gaustad at center.They need to be very very careful about who that Gaustad/Grier line gets caught on the ice against.

Did u get kicked out again? Better luck this time.

So what's your prediction, Mr. Doom-and-gloom?

Same as all season. This team goes as far as Miller can carry them. I stated before Miller gives this team a punchers chance. They are going to have to somehow find that gritty all out effort successful playoffs teams play with on a nightly basis. I can't say I feel the Sabres forwards have that in them. I am concerned that there is talk already of Ruff going with basically four defenseman.

If you need a prediction here is one. If Rask plays like a rookie goalie the Sabres will bounce them in 4 or 5 games. If Rask plays like the league leader in goals against and save percentage? The Sabres could be out in 4 or 5 games. I do expect the Sabres to be in the second round against Ottawa.

Gee. A new poster with a caustic tone and a Gaustad axe to grind. I wonder what will happen?

The sesne that I get is that what will happen is you will alert a mod that there's a new member who isn't joining the Paul Guastad fan club.

It goes to show that even at 42 years old there are fans who are vehemently protective of their favorite players taking it to the extent of patrolling message boards to express their admiration.

Any negativity about their Goosie is caustic.

Good Lord that's pitiful.

You know what, count me among those estatic the Sabres are where they are. I, too, at the beginning of the season, thought they would be fighting to get in. Now, here they are, the #3 seed for cryin' out loud. This is the first time in 3 years there is going to be playoff hockey in Buffalo and I, for one, am enjoying all of it again. I am not looking past the first round; in other words, Come Whatever May and soak it all in. As far as I am concerened, if they advance - bonus!!! If not, oh well. We all know what this team can do, whether or not they do it who knows. Let's just enjoy this!!!!

GO SABRES

If you need a prediction here is one. If Rask plays like a rookie goalie the Sabres will bounce them in 4 or 5 games. If Rask plays like the league leader in goals against and save percentage? The Sabres could be out in 4 or 5 games. I do expect the Sabres to be in the second round against Ottawa.

I'm hoping the Pens manage to edge out Ottawa, that's a team I don't want the Sabres to face. Some here have said they want to see Ottawa to get the monkey off the teams back, I figure if you have a kryptonite, you avoid it.

The sesne that I get is that what will happen is you will alert a mod that there's a new member who isn't joining the Paul Guastad fan club.

It goes to show that even at 42 years old there are fans who are vehemently protective of their favorite players taking it to the extent of patrolling message boards to express their admiration.

Amazing. You still don't get it, do you?

I believe much of the negativity of any sports team, revolves around how closely the local fan follows their local team. As many of you may also have access to either The NHL Network, or XM Radio's NHL Home Ice, you know that the "National Take" on The Sabres is completely different than our own "Local Take". My guess is that would hold true for every other NHL team. My point is that probably 80% of the teams in the playoffs has warts as big as ours, but we only focus on our own. I have mainly enjoyed our team this year, and believe that anything can happen in the playoffs.

You know what, count me among those ecstatic the Sabres are where they are. I, too, at the beginning of the season, thought they would be fighting to get in. Now, here they are, the #3 seed for cryin' out loud. This is the first time in 3 years there is going to be playoff hockey in Buffalo and I, for one, am enjoying all of it again. I am not looking past the first round; in other words, Come Whatever May and soak it all in. As far as I am concerned, if they advance - bonus!!! If not, oh well. We all know what this team can do, whether or not they do it who knows. Let's just enjoy this!!!!

GO SABRES

:thumbsup:

Any negativity comes from those that are only happy when they find fault with things, in my mind. This team is solid at all positions and the superstar is between the pipes. We are what Buffalo is built to be -- a little grittier, more dangerous than the previous two years and a team built to play tight games.

Let's get things going, folks -- nationally, it seems people understand Buffalo is worthy of the playoffs...we need HSBC to be rocking tomorrow night and Sabre transplants to be filling sports bars nationally. I will be in Indy!

LET'S GO BUFF-A-LO!

Gee. A new poster with a caustic tone and a Gaustad axe to grind. I wonder what will happen?

let me see if i have the lineage correct:

G.M. - Joined: 26-January 09

KK6666 - Joined: 07-September 09

HockeyTruth - Joined: 30-September 09

NHLopinion - Joined: 19-November 09

SabresRepublic - Joined: 17-December 09

TomSmith - Joined: 23-February 10

Xray - Joined: 18-March 10

Far Right Winger ...

Wow, you're good. I thought too much was revealed the first time, so I replaced it. Not sure if it's my monitor, but when I stood over the top of the monitor and looked down at the screen, I could faintly see the whole image.

More will be revealed after each series win.

I'm just praying it's not your perineum.

Most of the reaction you get is not for their love of Gaustad but rather their dislike of you. I think I'm a fair reprsentative for the fanbase, most of us like Goose.

Do we think he's the best player on the team? No but he hits, sticks up for teammates and works hard. Normal fans appreciate those things.

If it's so pitiful, why do you keep coming back?

let me see if i have the lineage correct:

G.M. - Joined: 26-January 09

KK6666 - Joined: 07-September 09

HockeyTruth - Joined: 30-September 09

NHLopinion - Joined: 19-November 09

SabresRepublic - Joined: 17-December 09

TomSmith - Joined: 23-February 10

Xray - Joined: 18-March 10

Far Right Winger ...

I think you are missing one or two. "hockey guru" comes to mind. I'm mobile, so limited at the moment.

Come on, man: Illegitimi non carborundum.

Here's my take: I'm a grows'd up man on this board - I get all analytical and stuff - sometimes I play GM - sometimes I put players on a proverbial couch and psychoanalyze them - sometimes I dust off my crystal ball and predict the future.

But I'm never on this board when I'm watching a game. Know why? Because when I'm watching a game - especially a playoff game - I'm 12 (maybe 13) years old again - and I am a pure believer, a fan.

Go Sabres.

Great post Man....... :beer:

PA's long lost son?............. :unsure:

Anyone who knows me personally (sadly, none of you do) would laugh at the thought I could be anything other than fanatical in my support of the Sabres during these playoffs. I am loyal to my teams, to a fault.

Perhaps my point was made a little dramatically, but I'm glad it elicited some responses. I feel a little better about the state of the fanbase. ;)

Archived