NHL 1st ROUND PLAYOFF DISCUSSION(including broadcast info)

gomper

Was anybody else less than impressed with Pittsburgh's effort last night? For example, Kris Letang might've been able to break up Ottawa's third goal (the flukey one off the end boards) had he dove with his stick stretched out. Instead, he didn't even lift a skate and barely stuck his stick out. Shameful. That goal was a back-breaker.

That almost seems impossible.

It's a bit misleading, because in the few snippets I watched the game, Alex took a couple of shots towards the goal, but they weren't on goal. I don't know how often that happened during the game, but it's still interesting that he didn't officially register a SOG.

It's a bit misleading, because in the few snippets I watched the game, Alex took a couple of shots towards the goal, but they weren't on goal. I don't know how often that happened during the game, but it's still interesting that he didn't officially register a SOG.

If I remember the stats correctly, he had 5 shots blocked and 3 missed the net, for a total of 8 shots (none of which ever hit the goalie or back of the next).

I know it's a friday night and the Sabres aren't playing, so noboby's on the board, but I am concerned about the Pens-Sens series. So far in the second game, the Pens look completely outclassed by the Sens (ugh).

The pace in the two Pens-Sens games has been furious.. scary really.

Wonder if they can keep that intensity up for the 4-7 games it'll take in the series.

Does this kind of opening series take a toll on the winning team for future series?

Archived