NHL 1st ROUND PLAYOFF DISCUSSION(including broadcast info)

gomper

Newbie correcting Newbie. This is hilarious.

I've noticed a increase of Newbie on Newbie crime this season. Any thoughts on what the cause is?

Just like head shots, there is just such a lack of respect for fellow human beings. I'm going to call them Bush Youth.

Just like head shots, there is just such a lack of respect for fellow human beings. I'm going to call them Bush Youth.

Speaking of which, I'm horrifed by the amount of conservative <25 year olds there are. I thought being young was about doing things most conservatives would faint at the thought of.

Speaking of which, I'm horrifed by the amount of conservative <25 year olds there are. I thought being young was about doing things most conservatives would faint at the thought of.

Funny, I thought that was what being 41 was about.

No chance. Didn't even get a penalty, not that there is one right now for what he did. Maybe intent to injure?

That is exactly Chris Neal on Drury. Greg "The Hammer" Valentine never through such a elbow. That wasn't a hockey play, that was assault.

I was routing for Ottawa to take out the Pens. Now I hope the Pens steam role them.

That is exactly Chris Neal on Drury. Greg "The Hammer" Valentine never through such a elbow. That wasn't a hockey play, that was assault.

I was routing for Ottawa to take out the Pens. Now I hope the Pens steam role them.

I felt the same way. It's just way easier routing for Crosby than it is Ruutu, Neil, and Sutton. Although I still hope it goes to 7.

on eighth look, i'm starting to believe that there was no intent to injure, as well as no intentional elbow. it almost looks as though sutton wanted to just lay a completely innocuous hard hit on leopold, but had absolutely nothing to make contact with, other than the head since he had it down and was leading with it going full bore. the elbow was indeed pinned in to his body, and it was just an awkward hit that was made worse with a rambunctious collapse to the ice.

holy mackerel, the wings/yotes are going insane with the scoring!!! lombardi just made howard look like a real rookie.

on eighth look, i'm starting to believe that there was no intent to injure, as well as no intentional elbow. it almost looks as though sutton wanted to just lay a completely innocuous hard hit on leopold, but had absolutely nothing to make contact with, other than the head since he had it down and was leading with it going full bore. the elbow was indeed pinned in to his body, and it was just an awkward hit that was made worse with a rambunctious collapse to the ice.

holy mackerel, the wings/yotes are going insane with the scoring!!!

Sure, and Lizzy Borden was just trying to cut hair when that nervous twitch kicked in.

Call it what you want Ghost of Dwight Dinosaur (that made me laugh), but that was not a body check. Sutton made contact with no other part of Leopold's body than his head.

Who the f*** was the idiot announcer defending that hit as the replay shows Sutton's elbow meeting Leopold's helmet?

Yeah, that has been a great game to watch so far.

What a GREAT game!!! Shane Doan just scored. Great reaction on his face. This is must-see tv right here. People who fell in love with Olympic hockey, turned on NHL after and were disappointed, and deserving so, but i really wish those people would watch these playoffs. Playoffs are as good if not better then Olympic hockey.

Who the f*** was the idiot announcer defending that hit as the replay shows Sutton's elbow meeting Leopold's helmet?

I didn't think it was a cheap shot at all. The only person to blame is Leopold. Don't skate with your head down. It was a north/south hit and i didn't think the elbow went up. Bob McKenzie says NHL reviewed it and Sutton will not be suspended. The Versus cast didn't think it was dirty either.

ps. The San Jose/Colorado game is just as crazy. Also 4-4.... Scott Nichol just scored to tie it.

Archived