I Really Never Thought Badly Towards Canadian Fans

CallawaySabres

it just would've gone on longer and we'd have won in OT or the SO!

Hope it's a good game and I hope we win! Miller, love ya, but not tomorrow.

Please, for the love of God tell me this game will not be decided in the SO!!!!

BTW, find this whole thread amusing.As an American with plenty of Canadian family on both the east and west, what could be better than than a US Canadian final.The emails going back and forth these two weeks have been epic, of course mine have been much wittier Myst say though that I did have to cut down on the sarcasm so my Canadian family could follow along :nana: Although, really is not a whole lot of fun getting into a battle of wits with an unarmed enemy!!!

Here's a :beer: to a great game and I hope the place is as pro Canadian as possible..hope they boo every US player, every Coach, every TV announcer(well I boo Millbury as well..but wait he is Canadian right?)Cause no need to boo if there is not respect

Sure they do, Ovechkin said that nothing could be better than beating Canada at their own game in an Olympics held in Canada.

Americans don't invest themselves in Chelios or Hull the way Canadians invest themselves in hockey players.

More to the point, Hull and Chelios were players behaving poorly, not fans behaving poorly.

Tomsmith,my impression is that the booing of anthems started way back when the blue jays won the world series and the U.S. marines flew the Canadian flag upside down .No one could be that stupid which led everyone to believe it was intentional,maybe it was,maybe it was'nt.The point is that when you bring politics into sports you're bound to stir up passions that transend the passion that already exists.Kind of like the arguments thrown around in this forum.We could ###### slap each other till the cows come home about transgressions that may have or may not have been perpetrated by either country but we all know its a waste of time and energy.Watch the game and enjoy the sport.Forget the politics.If there are idiot Canadians pissin you off take it for what it is and move on.Don't paint the entire population as idiots for the actions of a few and we'll try and do the same.Good luck

Americans were that passionate about the the BlueJays?

Get a grip!

The Canadian flag wasn't flown upside down it was carried upside down. The incident which was probably just a mishap, involved a single US Marine, not the US Marines, was immediately defused by apologies from the US Marines in a pregame ceremony and apologies From President Bush.

FACT:The booing of the US national anthem predates this incident.

And we are NOT talking about just a few Canadians.

As far as you telling me to keep politics out of it, I'm only recounting what took place.

It's the canadians and the french that should keep out of US politics and then we wouldn't have these discussions.

For everyone on both sides of the border, consider this. If these games were in the US and the US fans were acting as poorly (alledgedly) as the Canadian fans are, (which, of course we would be) how much grousing would be going on by the Canadians about the ugly behavior of the ugly Americans? Let's face it, we are all the wretched refuse of every respectable country in the world. Let's just celebrate this game and hope that whoever wins does tequila shots off of the puck girls navels at center ice.

Go Hockey!

Well, if history is any indicator then, no, we U.S. fans WOULDN'T be acting this boorish at the hockey venue. Not if 2002 in Salt Lake is any barometer, anyway.

Celebrate the game, indeed. That's what it's about.

Americans were that passionate about the the BlueJays?

Get a grip!

The Canadian flag wasn't flown upside down it was carried upside down. The incident which was probably just a mishap, involved a single US Marine, not the US Marines, was immediately defused by apologies from the US Marines in a pregame ceremony and apologies From President Bush.

FACT:The booing of the US national anthem predates this incident.

And we are NOT talking about just a few Canadians.

As far as you telling me to keep politics out of it, I'm only recounting what took place.

It's the canadians and the french that should keep out of US politics and then we wouldn't have these discussions.

Tomsmith,if you read my post you would realize that I never said anything about Americans being passionate about the blue jays,the incident of the marines carrying the flag upside down simply happened at a Jays game.Also ,it's pretty hard for a country to stay out of your politics when its daughters and sons are dying fighting beside you in your war.Good luck in the hockey game!

Tomsmith,if you read my post you would realize that I never said anything about Americans being passionate about the blue jays,the incident of the marines carrying the flag upside down simply happened at a Jays game.Also ,it's pretty hard for a country to stay out of your politics when its daughters and sons are dying fighting beside you in your war.Good luck in the hockey game!

Again, this is your revision at work here.

The booing of the US national anthem PREDATES this incident.

Meaning that Canadians were booing the US anthem BEFORE this took place.

I don't know how much more clearly I can state it.

They try to sell this garbage that they're on the high road compared to American fans, when it's clearly the opposite.

I have just as strong an interest in seeing what the Canadian reaction to the loss will be as I do in seeing the USA take the gold.

And in the game itself I'll be looking to see if we'll have a repeat of the dives and cheap calls if the USA is leading in the 3rd.

Does this kind of fan behavior happen in any other Olympic sport? Have athletes from any other sport ever trashed an Olympic village?

Well I seem to remember a few yrs ago a few American hockey players trashing theyre rooms to oblivion in all fairness but not on the field of play..It kinda showed an arrogance I have come to expect..In all fairness to the Canadien Womens Hockey team they thought it was all in private between themselves..

However I also remember tin Salt Lake that a canadien put a Candien COin on the surface to where the ice was being made for the Hockey competition..It just always seems like the Canadiens have to do something out of the norm for them when it comes to Hockey...I look at hockey as a more organized form of WWE.....In fact I called it for years the WWHL(World Wrestling Hockey League) Rules are bent from one game to the next, goals that go through the side of the net are allowed, They change the rules to allow theyre mistakes during the game to be explained...I guarantee you that in no other sport points be allowed when instant replay is available when there is clear evidence a point was scored by a object passing thru the side of a goal..It is a passionate sport no doubt but there are to many shenannigans to qualify it as a major sport for me...

Jaywalking was meant as a joke, partly. I realize that you are all brought up to learn about America and that the rest of the world is secondary. I get that. But I do find it ridiculous that someone from Washington State once said to me, "do you live in an igloo?" The location for this comment was in White Rock, BC, which is roughly 5 miles from the US/Canada border. The person was in our country, lived within 100 miles from White Rock and honestly thought we lived in igloos???

Anyway, I don't think if the US wins it will be a miracle like one poster suggested. The game is NHL all stars against NHL all stars and it could go either way. If the US wins, it will suck for us, but we'll get over it. I'd say I'd be over it within 24 hours, unlike the feeling I had when Brett Hull scored the no goal. That took quite awhile to get over.

But if Canada wins, and the fans taunt, don't be upset and don't be bitter. It's sport. Game on.

Yep, we have are ingoramouses as we as many other countries, heck Sarah Palin is still running around our political scene, but this is about hockey, not politics and comparing the internal politics of a 360 million population country to one with a population less than that of California makes no sense. The present totally different issues and they are solved with different approaches. Hockey is easy to determine, so I would suggest my Canadian brethren stick to trash talking about Hockey, not politics as I have been reading in way to many blogs and chat rooms. It makes more respectable Canadians looks as small as the goof heads we have south of your border.

Just wanted to point out, Ryan Miller was given the best ovation during the award giving for all the US players, even more than the hometown Kesler. Seems the Canadian fans know who to give the kudos to once it all said and done. Good effort USA, really good effort, but the best team did win.

They try to sell this garbage that they're on the high road compared to American fans, when it's clearly the opposite.

I have just as strong an interest in seeing what the Canadian reaction to the loss will be as I do in seeing the USA take the gold.

And in the game itself I'll be looking to see if we'll have a repeat of the dives and cheap calls if the USA is leading in the 3rd.

Tom, get over yourself. Seriously. You just joined and I'm already fed up with you. As for reactions, look at the crowd cheer the best player on the US team (Miller). Nothing wrong with wanting your team to win and as far as I'm concerned the fans were terrific.

Just wanted to point out, Ryan Miller was given the best ovation during the award giving for all the US players, even more than the hometown Kesler. Seems the Canadian fans know who to give the kudos to once it all said and done. Good effort USA, really good effort, but the best team did win.

Not really. They split two games--these teams were dead even. I'd like to see a 7 games series with some on US ice.

Yes, after the game, your countrymen suddenly turned into model sportsmen. During the entirety of the tournament, and in other sporting events over the last, oh, 20 years, Canadian fan behavior has been disgusting.

I love your country. It's a terrific place on so many levels. But your fan behavior deserves some serious self-examination.

Indeed. Only someone smug would proclaim the better team won after those two games.

Didn't we just figure out who the better team is?

For once, it's kind of interesting to be on the outside looking in at some of these comments.

I'm sure I've made similar comments in a state of sports dejection.

Tom, get over yourself. Seriously. You just joined and I'm already fed up with you. As for reactions, look at the crowd cheer the best player on the US team (Miller). Nothing wrong with wanting your team to win and as far as I'm concerned the fans were terrific.

I couldn't care less what you're tired of, I've never even heard of you.

Yep, we have are ingoramouses as we as many other countries, heck Sarah Palin is still running around our political scene, but this is about hockey, not politics and comparing the internal politics of a 360 million population country to one with a population less than that of California makes no sense. The present totally different issues and they are solved with different approaches. Hockey is easy to determine, so I would suggest my Canadian brethren stick to trash talking about Hockey, not politics as I have been reading in way to many blogs and chat rooms. It makes more respectable Canadians looks as small as the goof heads we have south of your border.

That is classic. LMFAO

Yes, after the game, your countrymen suddenly turned into model sportsmen. During the entirety of the tournament, and in other sporting events over the last, oh, 20 years, Canadian fan behavior has been disgusting.

I love your country. It's a terrific place on so many levels. But your fan behavior deserves some serious self-examination.

I wouldn't comment on fan behaviour. USA fans are no better.

Archived