[OT] Mike Robitaille involved in car accident

ROC Sabres

A bit more serious than we first thought: http://sabres.nhl.co...navid=DLBUFhome

"Mike Robitaille is listed in serious but stable condition and is recovering in the hospital’s intensive care unit.

According to Dr. Gibbons, Robitaille suffered neurological deficits involving his arms and legs but is able to walk and move about. Testing subsequently revealed a compressed spinal cord in his lower neck and cervical spine deformity which required surgery.

Robitaille and his family appreciate the concern and support of the Western New York community, and he expects to return to his broadcast duties with the Sabres sometime after the Olympic break."

"He'll be fine", Dr. Gibbons added. "This guy is tougher than a bulldog eating lunch off a Brillo pad." *

*actually, he didn't really say that last part, but he should have.B-)

That was one ignorant comment and I hope you take it back and delete it.

Obviously you never heard him do color with Ted Darling back in the day. I remember one game in Boston he must have had 2 liters in him.

The thing that gets me is the Sabres, in typical fashion, cover it up. The original release says minor incident and he will be back after the break. He's taking the night off. Blah Blah........RJ has no problem giving shoutouts to people on the air.....how about "Feel better Roby, we're thinking about you."?

Instead we have him with numb extremities, fused vertebrae, and a Doc who says he will have a slow rehab process.

I must admit...with the hush hush....I start thinking drinking as well. I love Roby and hope he is ok, but it isn't sin to wonder.

Obviously you never heard him do color with Ted Darling back in the day. I remember one game in Boston he must have had 2 liters in him.

The thing that gets me is the Sabres, in typical fashion, cover it up. The original release says minor incident and he will be back after the break. He's taking the night off. Blah Blah........RJ has no problem giving shoutouts to people on the air.....how about "Feel better Roby, we're thinking about you."?

Instead we have him with numb extremities, fused vertebrae, and a Doc who says he will have a slow rehab process.

I must admit...with the hush hush....I start thinking drinking as well. I love Roby and hope he is ok, but it isn't sin to wonder.

One of the articles said he was rear ended. It's not like he ran off the road. Either he was stopped and got run into, or he hit the back of someone and then got rear ended. Either way, he's a good guy, husband and father.

Roby's car was rear ended and he's in bad shape. Lay off the smarm here. There's no need for it, just makes us look like amateur versions of the media jackals out there. Roby's our guy...stand up for him.

Roby's car was rear ended and he's in bad shape. Lay off the smarm here. There's no need for it, just makes us look like amateur versions of the media jackals out there. Roby's our guy...stand up for him.

Roby's great. I love him.

You see though....when an organization isn't up front about things, you tend to question what they say....or what they don't say. Same with a person. My thing isn't with Robitaille.

Robitaille has the night off

Jim Lorentz wanted to retire

Ronan Tynan said "I hate to chew", not "I hate Jews"

Larry Quinn is a full blow sociopath who has lied so much, he doesn't know when he doesn't need to lie.

Oh....and speaking of rear-ended......nice to see the Sweedish National team all together again in Vancouver.

I remember how badly the Sabres handled the Ted Darling situation, not that any of those people are still around.

Anyone else pick up on a weird vibe coming from Jim Lorentz the other night? And the Connection? Last season, Robert went off on LQ, of course. Do they all feel that way perhaps?

Roby's great. I love him.

You see though....when an organization isn't up front about things, you tend to question what they say....or what they don't say. Same with a person. My thing isn't with Robitaille.

Robitaille has the night off

Jim Lorentz wanted to retire

Ronan Tynan said "I hate to chew", not "I hate Jews"

Larry Quinn is a full blow sociopath who has lied so much, he doesn't know when he doesn't need to lie.

Oh....and speaking of rear-ended......nice to see the Sweedish National team all together again in Vancouver.

Robitaille is entitled to his own privacy in the matter. Any statements made about his condition should be made with his permission. I can't imagine Robitaille's first thoughts here are to give the team a list of what things they can say.

Robitaille is entitled to his own privacy in the matter. Any statements made about his condition should be made with his permission. I can't imagine Robitaille's first thoughts here are to give the team a list of what things they can say.

Absolutely correct.

I just don't understand why in the two press releases, and on the television multiple times, the Sabres constantly point out "involved in a MINOR car accident". It was refered to as "minor car accident", "minor chain reaction", "minor rear ending". Look at the releases in the news section of sabres.com if need be. In one of the very same press releases.....the "minor chain reaction", "caused neurological damage to his arms and legs", "needed his spine to be decompressed", "nerosurgery to fuse and stabilize his spine."

MINOR???????

"He's out with a touch of the flu".

Meanwhile the guy is in ICU isolated with a 104 temp and his entire body is septic.

That's all I'm trying to figure out. Why even after the fact that we know he had surgery and his doctor goes on tv saying he will have a long rehabilitation time, do we keep seeing the word minor attached? The outcome isn't minor in my opinion, and I am sure many here as well. If you get pregnant from a 3 inch dingdong, you are still pregnant.

Archived