The Sabres need more of this

inkman

Bradley jumps in to spare OV trading punches with a loser like Downie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-H1l-sOxng

I forget which game it was (maybe against Toronto), but I remember Adam Mair a few games back jumping into a fight to make sure Connolly didn't take any blows. The other team ended up with a PP because Mair was the 3rd man in, but I remember being relieved that Tiny Tim didn't get punched back onto the IR.

I don't see the point. Ovechkin wanted to go, so let him go. Protect a guy from being jumped, fine, but this one was just stupid. That kind of stuff is only going to make people run Ovechkin more, knowing that they can draw an extra penalty out of the Capitals.

yeah they are alot better this year than last, and dont get me wrong i am soooooo happy with the team's performance this year in almost all areas, but they need to be alot grittier. take for instance, ALL the games against the sens, it is almost as if they practice running miller over in practice, and there is almost never anymore than a slight scrum after the play, why wont the sabres just send mair after neil? it just doesnt make any sense at all the sens are a weak band of dirtbags that cant win consistently unless they are playing the buffalo sabres, and i know we are better than that, we are 2nd in the east for pete's sake!

I don't see the point. Ovechkin wanted to go, so let him go. Protect a guy from being jumped, fine, but this one was just stupid. That kind of stuff is only going to make people run Ovechkin more, knowing that they can draw an extra penalty out of the Capitals.

I couldn't disagree more. Would you rather have OV on the ice scoring or out four weeks with a broken bone in his hand?

I couldn't disagree more. Would you rather have OV on the ice scoring or out four weeks with a broken bone in his hand?

If a 6'2, 230lb teammate willing drops the gloves and squares up with an opponent, I'm going to let him go. He's a big boy, he can take care of himself. He's just as likely to break his hand in that fight as he is in any other aspect of the physical game he likes to play. Letting him fight his own battle in a spot like that one sends a very important message to the opposing teams.

Rivet's also done it a couple of times.

I remember Rivet jumping in for Mair last season against the Isles.

Mair was just returning from injury, and Rivet apparently was worried he'd re-injure himself or something.

That was one of the very early games of the season, before the team went into go-right-ahead-run-my-goalie mode.

But it's just Steve Downie:

:thumbsup:

What's the better part of that vid:

(1) Downie wearing that stupid "BOLTS" uniform and getting his ass kicked, or

(2) The "BOLTS" announcer saying, "Downie got that one good shot on him, but...."

(2) The "BOLTS" announcer saying, "Downie got that one good shot on him, but...."

Tough call but i'm gonna go with the pbp guy trying to build him up after getting his arse kicked.

F'n Bobby Taylor that homer piece of *%$# cry baby.

I'm done. Sorry.

As good as it was to see Bradley jump in for OV, I think it would have been more enjoyable to see OV pound the snot out of Downie. I just get the feeling OV has the ability to throw down. It's not like taking a shot in the face could make him any uglier. :)

As good as it was to see Bradley jump in for OV, I think it would have been more enjoyable to see OV pound the snot out of Downie. I just get the feeling OV has the ability to throw down. It's not like taking a shot in the face could make him any uglier. :)

If Mair could hammer Downie then I have no doubt that OV would have gone all Russian mafia on poor Downie.. lol

6'2, 230. Yeah, I'd focus on protecting Backstrom or Semin first (hehe, Semin).

More than one poster would be glad to jump in and protect your avatar. :thumbsup:

I don't think they'd be protecting it.

Archived