Ecks Latest.... Take Your Pick

BamBam

Eck has three new names that are attached to the Sabres (and half the league).

Link here- Ecks Latest

On Teemu Selanne...

The Sabres are very interested, as are the Islanders, Sharks and LA Kings... Hard to imagine the Kings and Ducks making this trade. I personally would love to see Teemu make a run with the Sharks, the team that he defined for a period of time.

On Saku Koivu...

I really am trying to stay away from rumor that Saku could return to Montreal for one more playoff run (should the Habs get in) because obviously I don't want to get Montreal fans too excited yet. However, it would be irresponsible of me to just ignore the rumor mill at this point. Koivu will also have the Wild, Sabres, and Penguins on the Chart.

On Cogliano...

Really good bet to be moved soon. I have been reporting the Rangers would be the best bet, but now am I hearing that Toronto is also considering trying to move for Cogliano. Other teams that will appear on the chart for Cogs are NJ, Buffalo, and Nashville.

• 2 weeks later...

This was just too good to pass up.

I know that BamBam likes to post Eklund's rumors so that we can all get a good laugh and that we don't get our hopes up whatsoever. However, I posted the link so that all doubt can be removed as to Eklund's complete lack of credibility.

"So if he never becomes a member of the Professional Hockey Writers Association, does Eklund consider himself a journalist, a blogger or both?

'Probably more like an entertainer,' he said." (The source from that quote is in the link provided. The emphasis is mine.)

I'm going on record the same as last year...NO RENTALS. It's a high price to pay for any team for a month or two of a player. The only exception to this rule should be if you have a team that you feel is that really close to challenging for the Cup. I'm sorry to say that I don't think the Sabres are close enough to make the move.

The time to fix the problem areas was in the offseason when the price is not nearly as high.

Edit...I would not be surprised if Edmonton were sellers at the deadline, but I would be if Cogliano was part of the sale. He has had a disappointing year, but I don't know if they should give up that quickly on him.

I'm going on record the same as last year...NO RENTALS. It's a high price to pay for any team for a month or two of a player. The only exception to this rule should be if you have a team that you feel is that really close to challenging for the Cup. I'm sorry to say that I don't think the Sabres are close enough to make the move.

The time to fix the problem areas was in the offseason when the price is not nearly as high.

What if the cost of the rental is a 4th rounder or higher? On average, you're probably losing a projected Tim Kennedy-type player. I'd hardly call that a high price. Then there's the possibility of a rental that comes at the expense of one our our pending UFAs. Sure, it depends on the player, but again, not the steepest of prices to pay.

The one player I want for Buffalo is Ethan Moreau from Edmonton. He's a leader, when he talks, people listen. I think he would be very respected in our locker room. He goes infront of the net, he hits and plays a very well two way game. Also a very good skater. I doubt the cost of getting him would be high. He has a no trade clause but i heard on SportsNet once when he was rumored to giving Edmonton a list of teams, Buffalo was one of them. Buffalo, Pitt, Toronto and like one or two others. He played pretty good last year, but his offensive numbers this season are pretty bad. Maybe he's just over the hill now? Still would be a better option then Kennedy, Mair or Ellis IMO.

What if the cost of the rental is a 4th rounder or higher? On average, you're probably losing a projected Tim Kennedy-type player. I'd hardly call that a high price. Then there's the possibility of a rental that comes at the expense of one our our pending UFAs. Sure, it depends on the player, but again, not the steepest of prices to pay.

You mean 4th, 5th, etc...? Wouldn't that be 4th or lower? Anyways, based on Dominic Moore costing us a 2nd, I am not sure what kind of a rental you would get for a 4th round pick? I'd be shocked if it would be somebody at the level of Cullen or Whitney. Raffi Torres? I'd love to have him, but the price will be steep.

As far as swapping one of our pending UFA's(Tallinder or Lydman), I'd have to see the deal.

You mean 4th, 5th, etc...? Wouldn't that be 4th or lower? Anyways, based on Dominic Moore costing us a 2nd, I am not sure what kind of a rental you would get for a 4th round pick? I'd be shocked if it would be somebody at the level of Cullen or Whitney. Raffi Torres? I'd love to have him, but the price will be steep.

As far as swapping one of our pending UFA's(Tallinder or Lydman), I'd have to see the deal.

Yes, I meant numerically higher. Anyway, Moore cost us the 2nd rounder that we got in return for Kotalik, so that deal would fall under that exchange of pending UFAs that I mentioned.

Yes, I meant numerically higher. Anyway, Moore cost us the 2nd rounder that we got in return for Kotalik, so that deal would fall under that exchange of pending UFAs that I mentioned.

I just don't see DR getting rid of Tallinder or Lydman at the deadline unless a dman is coming back in another deal.

I just don't see DR getting rid of Tallinder or Lydman at the deadline unless a dman is coming back in another deal.

There's always Paetsch, Mair, Ellis, Lalime, and Grier. :D (ok, the grin is for the first 4, not Grier)

I posted this in another topic... but this should be the end all for eklund posts.... http://hockeybuzzhogwash.com/ The guy is a scam, his success rate on rumors is slightly less than picking teams out of a hat.

Welcome to three years ago.

I posted this in another topic... but this should be the end all for eklund posts.... http://hockeybuzzhogwash.com/

The guy is a scam, his success rate on rumors is slightly less than picking teams out of a hat.

Love it. Thanks for that link.

(I also love Bam's reporting of Eck rumors, too. It gives me a laugh.)

The one player I want for Buffalo is Ethan Moreau from Edmonton. He's a leader, when he talks, people listen. I think he would be very respected in our locker room. He goes infront of the net, he hits and plays a very well two way game. Also a very good skater. I doubt the cost of getting him would be high. He has a no trade clause but i heard on SportsNet once when he was rumored to giving Edmonton a list of teams, Buffalo was one of them. Buffalo, Pitt, Toronto and like one or two others. He played pretty good last year, but his offensive numbers this season are pretty bad. Maybe he's just over the hill now? Still would be a better option then Kennedy, Mair or Ellis IMO.

You sure about that? He isn't listed here or here (from last year's trade deadline.)

Archived