[OT] Heating things up at upcoming Danish Climate Change summit

FogBat

Link

Yes, I know it's Fox News (and some of you guys hate them with a passion). However, this was just too good to pass up.

I have no problem with Fox News. I do, however, hate the Huffington Post with a passion, among other leftist propaganda sites.

I have no problem with Fox News. I do, however, hate the Huffington Post with a passion, among other leftist propaganda sites.

HEAR! HEAR!

At any rate, I thought that the column was quite amusing, given the (excuse the pun) "nature" of things.

Having said that, here's another link for you. Spiegel is calling Copenhagen "Gropenhagen".

Link

Yes, I know it's Fox News (and some of you guys hate them with a passion). However, this was just too good to pass up.

I dislike them. I have no problem with a left leaning or right leaning news channel. What I have no patient for is lying. Saying you're fair and balanced, when you clearly aren't is what makes me turn the dial.

I dislike them. I have no problem with a left leaning or right leaning news channel. What I have no patient for is lying. Saying you're fair and balanced, when you clearly aren't is what makes me turn the dial.

You dislike them. So be it. The point is that I thought that it was a story worth sharing, and that they got their source from Der Spiegel and that is the point of the topic at hand.

You dislike them. So be it. The point is that I thought that it was a story worth sharing, and that they got their source from Der Spiegel and that is the point of the topic at hand.

Actually I had no problem with the article..

I thought I heard that Buffalo just set a record for days between recorded snow fall. A few Octobers ago I watched 70 foot trees collapse upon themselves from the weight of leaves holding ice and snow. And yet there are people who spend time and money trying to prevent people who happen to fall in love with the same sex from having basic human rights. Maybe instead of spending money on trying to disprove scientific fact and fighting the rights of fellow human beings those same people should spend that money on research on the retarded genes that causes their initial decisions.

I thought I heard that Buffalo just set a record for days between recorded snow fall. A few Octobers ago I watched 70 foot trees collapse upon themselves from the weight of leaves holding ice and snow. And yet there are people who spend time and money trying to prevent people who happen to fall in love with the same sex from having basic human rights. Maybe instead of spending money on trying to disprove scientific fact and fighting the rights of fellow human beings those same people should spend that money on research on the retarded genes that causes their initial decisions.

Off topic. Move on.

Off topic. Move on.

It's an OT thread. And he's right.

It's an OT thread. And he's right.

He may have been on topic with the first two sentences, but that was it. It was completely unnecessary to throw in all the other factors for the sake of promoting his own agenda after that.

I started this thread because I thought it was, well, rather amusing with all the circumstances surrounding the prostitutes and the international politicos who were going to Copenhagen for this "climate change" summit. But, then again, I guess some people missed the humor behind it.

He may have been on topic with the first two sentences, but that was it. It was completely unnecessary to throw in all the other factors for the sake of promoting his own agenda after that.

I started this thread because I thought it was, well, rather amusing with all the circumstances surrounding the prostitutes and the international politicos who were going to Copenhagen for this "climate change" summit. But, then again, I guess some people missed the humor behind it.

...and we don't know anyone else on this board that's been known to promote their own agenda... ;)

Just curious...did you type this with a straight face? :lol:

Off topic. Move on.

Basic human rights and the destruction of the planet are always "on topic." It just seems many of the same people who refuse to believe that the planet is changing in a negative way also want to prevent fellow citizens from having the rights they deserve. That's not a coincidence. There must be a flaw somewhere in their DNA. Maybe when their ancestors crawled from the sludge they developed heat stroke causing the destruction of the part of the brain that contains common sense. It has to be something. What else could possibly cause otherwise relatively functional human beings to fight so vigorously against attempts to make the planet a safer place to live and human rights?

Basic human rights and the destruction of the planet are always "on topic." It just seems many of the same people who refuse to believe that the planet is changing in a negative way also want to prevent fellow citizens from having the rights they deserve. That's not a coincidence. There must be a flaw somewhere in their DNA. Maybe when their ancestors crawled from the sludge they developed heat stroke causing the destruction of the part of the brain that contains common sense. It has to be something. What else could possibly cause otherwise relatively functional human beings to fight so vigorously against attempts to make the planet a safer place to live and human rights?

Don't forget health care. We have one political party doing absolutely everything in their power to deny health care to millions and millions of Americans. Just sickening.

I'm pretty sure Jesus would want everyone to have health care coverage...

...as long as they weren't gay...

Oh............................SNAP!

BTW, I just noticed something in DeLuca's post that I do disagree with: I don't consider marriage to be a basic human right. The concept as we know it didn't even exist until approximately 2000 years ago. But it is a right conferred by the state, and it should be either universally conferred or universally denied. (As far as marriage rights conferred by churches, I suppose that's different.)

As for climate change, I'm not fully convinced that it's not cyclical. (That doesn't mean I think we should trash the planet, either.) But I fully support global warming. It's cold today.

I'm pretty sure Jesus would want everyone to have health care coverage...

...as long as they weren't gay...

I wouldn't count on that! When the Conservatives get done re-writing the Bible, Jesus is going to look a lot more like Rush Limbaugh than what liberal spin and propaganda have portrayed him in the past.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34270487/ns/us_news-faith/

Talk about revisionist history! :doh:

I wouldn't count on that! When the Conservatives get done re-writing the Bible, Jesus is going to look a lot more like Rush Limbaugh than what liberal spin and propaganda have portrayed him in the past.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34270487/ns/us_news-faith/

Talk about revisionist history! :doh:

If people took drugs the way Rush did everyone would think they could walk on water.

Archived