[OT] Heating things up at upcoming Danish Climate Change summit

FogBat

Oh............................SNAP!

BTW, I just noticed something in DeLuca's post that I do disagree with: I don't consider marriage to be a basic human right. The concept as we know it didn't even exist until approximately 2000 years ago. But it is a right conferred by the state, and it should be either universally conferred or universally denied. (As far as marriage rights conferred by churches, I suppose that's different.)

As for climate change, I'm not fully convinced that it's not cyclical. (That doesn't mean I think we should trash the planet, either.) But I fully support global warming. It's cold today.

To not be discriminated against is a basic human right. To deny gay men and women the right to register their union with the state and share in the same benefits that could come with that is like denying minorities, the handicapped and people of lower income those same rights.

I wouldn't count on that! When the Conservatives get done re-writing the Bible, Jesus is going to look a lot more like Rush Limbaugh than what liberal spin and propaganda have portrayed him in the past.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34270487/ns/us_news-faith/

Talk about revisionist history! :doh:

Is a Rush Limbaugh version of a Bible any different from a King James version? Or any other version that has been handed down throughout the years.

I believe that 2000+ years ago a man named Jesus walked the earth and had some pretty progressive thoughts on human rights and social changes needed at that time. Do I believe he was the "Son of God?" No. I don't think he believed that either. I am sure many of the legends surrounding him were created by those that eventually destroyed him. Needing to create enough against him that Rome would allow for his execution. From there he was martyred, Constantine legalized religion throughout Rome and here we are today. With a bastardized version of a good man's very good ideas being used in ways they were not intended.

Is a Rush Limbaugh version of a Bible any different from a King James version? Or any other version that has been handed down throughout the years.

You forgot at least 4 languages removed. Nothing ever gets lost translating from one language to another.

Wow. You guys are, like, all over the place. As if you HAD to jump in and defend your liberal principles right away - like animals pissing to mark territory.

And such thoughtful theses, too.

Tell me, has anyone seen any of the raw data, or any unaltered data, that verifies the claims of global warming? Of course, none of you are probably scientists, and none of you probably had anything to do with the FoIA requests for that data - only to be stymied, wait, the data was destroyed - oh no, it wasn't destroyed, you just don't understand the archival system...

Right. Okay, then can anyone explain the global cooling craze of the '70s? Can someone make up Al Gore's mind for you, please. Oh, and speaking of Al Gore, can someone explain why he won't debate anyone over "climate change" (climate "change", since they want to cover both the cooling and warming bases, you see). How much money has Al Gore made off of "climate change", BTW, and how many houses does he own? He certainly makes one hell of carbon footprint.

Moving on to health care. Who gets denied health care? Anyone, Bueller...Bueller? No one does. Hospitals are mandated to treat people whether they have health insurance or not. What's being debated is not health CARE, it's health INSURANCE. You know Blue Cross, Independent Health, what those guys do. They don't provide CARE, they provide INSURANCE.

So, if health INSURANCE is a right, why isn't CAR INSURANCE a right, too? Why aren't there politicians trying to get me free, government run CAR INSURANCE?

And, gee, look, Christian bashing. How nice. Why not be equal opportunity religion-haters and try some Muslim bashing, too. Here, I'll get you going:

What do you call a Muslim who owns 6 goats?

A pimp.

Here's another good one:

What do you say to a Muslim with his arm all the way up a camel's ass?

"Having car trouble?"

And I was wondering if PA could explain the "conservative contradiction: pro-life but pro-capital punishment" - I must be completely stupid and don't get the contradiction.

And I was wondering if PA could explain the "conservative contradiction: pro-life but pro-capital punishment" - I must be completely stupid and don't get the contradiction.

Seriously? You'd think that believing life is precious would require a person to be opposed to flipping a switch and electrocuting someone.

How about the conservative credo of limited government versus wanting government to have the power to take a life?

Wow. You guys are, like, all over the place. As if you HAD to jump in and defend your liberal principles right away - like animals pissing to mark territory.

Tell me, has anyone seen any of the raw data, or any unaltered data, that verifies the claims of global warming? Of course, none of you are probably scientists, and none of you probably had anything to do with the FoIA requests for that data - only to be stymied, wait, the data was destroyed - oh no, it wasn't destroyed, you just don't understand the archival system...

Right. Okay, then can anyone explain the global cooling craze of the '70s? Can someone make up Al Gore's mind for you, please. Oh, and speaking of Al Gore, can someone explain why he won't debate anyone over "climate change" (climate "change", since they want to cover both the cooling and warming bases, you see). How much money has Al Gore made off of "climate change", BTW, and how many houses does he own? He certainly makes one hell of carbon footprint.

Moving on to health care. Who gets denied health care? Anyone, Bueller...Bueller? No one does. Hospitals are mandated to treat people whether they have health insurance or not. What's being debated is not health CARE, it's health INSURANCE. You know Blue Cross, Independent Health, what those guys do. They don't provide CARE, they provide INSURANCE.

So, if health INSURANCE is a right, why isn't CAR INSURANCE a right, too? Why aren't there politicians trying to get me free, government run CAR INSURANCE?

And, gee, look, Christian bashing. How nice. Why not be equal opportunity religion-haters and try some Muslim bashing, too. Here, I'll get you going:

A pimp.

Here's another good one:

"Having car trouble?"

The contradiction is that conservatives say they are against taking any life, even if it's in the second trimester, but they are Just fine with taking a life in the 97th trimester (or 75th by sending them of to war).

All religons that use faith to deny rights is wrong. We just didn't get to them yet.

A pimp.

Here's another good one:

"Having car trouble?"

It's obvious you don't understand what "health care" is. It is as much about preventive medicine as it is a emergency room visit. Not everyone has access to the preventive medicine to prevent the ER visits. If you don't believe me walk into a random doctors office and tell them you don't have insurance or the money to pay and see what happens.

Global Warming? Instead of looking for a spread sheet try opening your eyes.

As for your last point. If you don't get the contradiction your analysis would be 100% correct.

Seriously? You'd think that believing life is precious would require a person to be opposed to flipping a switch and electrocuting someone.

The contradiction is that conservatives say they are against taking any life, even if it's in the second trimester, but they are Just fine with taking a life in the 97th trimester (or 75th by sending them of to war).

All religions that use faith to deny rites is wrong. We just didn't get to them yet.

I see. So it's a contradiction because the premises don't fit into a simple black and white, applies to all format? I thought the argument against conservatism was that it was too black and white? That seems a little contradictory to me.

I will put it plainly, though: you're talking out of your and choose to do so because it makes an easy put down for something you don't get. You WANT to see abortion and the death penalty as one argument, but it isn't. You conveniently leave out the word "innocent" in front of "life" so it's easy on your brain.

But this is like asking you to stop using the internets, because using the internets is a huge environmental hazard. I mean, if you're really committed to the "saving the environment" premise there are dozens and dozens of changes you'd have to make to your lives not to be hypocritical - but that's "different" isn't it?

And the "sending to war" comment is inane. Your precious Obama is sending "KIDS TO THEIR DEATHS" in Afghanistan - I don't think you'll mistake Obama for a conservative.

It's obvious you don't understand what "health care" is. It is as much about preventive medicine as it is a emergency room visit. Not everyone has access to the preventive medicine to prevent the ER visits. If you don't believe me walk into a random doctors office and tell them you don't have insurance or the money to pay and see what happens.

Global Warming? Instead of looking for a spread sheet try opening your eyes.

As for your last point. If you don't get the contradiction your analysis would be 100% correct.

Are you walking into random doctors' offices testing your own theory? That's rather odd.

No child is without health INSURANCE, and I'm fairly certain most elderly folk are, too. In fact, illegal immigrants are covered as well.

EVERYONE gets health CARE - I doubt you're testing your theory, but I will clue you in how it works for adults: go to the ER for wellness visits. Yeah, they're free. Some hospitals even have clinics set up for the same reason, but people go to the ERs because it's faster.

The global-warming spread-sheet comment must have interrupted your crack pipe session. So sorry, perhaps you can try laying that one on me again sometime when you're more coherent.

To not be discriminated against is a basic human right. To deny gay men and women the right to register their union with the state and share in the same benefits that could come with that is like denying minorities, the handicapped and people of lower income those same rights.

Yep. Thought you were referring to marriage. My mistake.

A pimp.

Here's another good one:

"Having car trouble?"

Can't speak for everyone, but as for this liberal...

1. Not convinced that global warming is real. Especially now that it's been re-branded as "climate change." But, as above, I'm rooting for warming.

2. You can't really draw that analogy between health insurance and car insurance. And even if you could, see DeLuca's point above.

3. I'm Christian. And I believe that God loves everyone equally. Even the Muslim with his arm all the way up a camel's ass. No, especially the Muslim with his arm all the way up a camel's ass, the poor fellow. I also think that other people with their own religions have conceptions of "God" that are equal to mine.

4. Pro-life means "don't kill." Without exceptions for criminals (who may or may not have been justly convicted). There may be a debate about when life begins, but there sure as hell isn't a debate about whether electrocution ends it.

Are you walking into random doctors' offices testing your own theory? That's rather odd.

No child is without health INSURANCE, and I'm fairly certain most elderly folk are, too. In fact, illegal immigrants are covered as well.

EVERYONE gets health CARE - I doubt you're testing your theory, but I will clue you in how it works for adults: go to the ER for wellness visits. Yeah, they're free. Some hospitals even have clinics set up for the same reason, but people go to the ERs because it's faster.

The global-warming spread-sheet comment must have interrupted your crack pipe session. So sorry, perhaps you can try laying that one on me again sometime when you're more coherent.

Keep living the dream. Tell that to all of those people who have to choose between medicines and food. I truly hope you are never forced to leave the world you live in and join us here in reality. I don't think you could handle it. You would be like a caveman experiencing thunder and lighting for the fist time.

2. You can't really draw that analogy between health insurance and car insurance.

Why not?

4. Pro-life means "don't kill." WIthout exceptions for criminals (who may or may not have been justly convicted). There may be a debate about when life begins, but there sure as hell isn't a debate about whether electrocution ends it.

I suppose to you pro-life means "don't kill". But then you must be a vegetarian, too. Wait, plants are alive. Damn.

The "pro-life" position doesn't universally equal "don't kill" as far as I'm aware. I don't know too many Christians or conservatives who equate them like you are. Maybe you can turn me on to some?

[2.]Why not?

[4.] I suppose to you pro-life means "don't kill". But then you must be a vegetarian, too. Wait, plants are alive. Damn.

The "pro-life" position doesn't universally equal "don't kill" as far as I'm aware. I don't know too many Christians or conservatives who equate them like you are. Maybe you can turn me on to some?

2. Try this: "I can't afford car insurance." "Oh, that's easy, you can't drive." Versus "I can't afford health insurance." "Oh, that's easy, you can't live." See the difference?

4. You caught me. I forgot the word "humans." And "pro-life" means what it says. "Anti-abortion" describes the position where abortion should be illegal, but capital punishment, legal.

2. Try this: "I can't afford car insurance." "Oh, that's easy, you can't drive." Versus "I can't afford health insurance." "Oh, that's easy, you can't live." See the difference?

No, sorry. Just because you don't have health insurance doesn't mean you automatically drop dead. It's not like, say, you had health insurance one day, get laid off, and the next day you die because your health insurance is gone with the job. That's rather fantastical reasoning there.

As noted, the same person who loses their health INSURANCE will received health CARE when needed. So, even if they were ABOUT to die - say they were shot trying to rob a liquor store so they could afford the next payment for their Bills season tickets - they would get hospital services in an attempt to save their life whether they had insurance or not.

Insurance protects the insured against claims of large payments against them. For health insurance, the idea is to protect you from having to sell your car to afford to have your tits enlarged (if you're a school teacher), or for things like an emergency appendectomy. Car insurance protects you from large claims against you if your appendix ruptures while you're driving to a Bills game and cause massive personal and property damage. See how that works? Insurance protects your bank account in one manner or another - it doesn't kill you.

No, sorry. Just because you don't have health insurance doesn't mean you automatically drop dead. It's not like, say, you had health insurance one day, get laid off, and the next day you die because your health insurance is gone with the job. That's rather fantastical reasoning there.

As noted, the same person who loses their health INSURANCE will received health CARE when needed. So, even if they were ABOUT to die - say they were shot trying to rob a liquor store so they could afford the next payment for their Bills season tickets - they would get hospital services in an attempt to save their life whether they had insurance or not.

Insurance protects the insured against claims of large payments against them. For health insurance, the idea is to protect you from having to sell your car to afford to have your tits enlarged (if you're a school teacher), or for things like an emergency appendectomy. Car insurance protects you from large claims against you if your appendix ruptures while you're driving to a Bills game and cause massive personal and property damage. See how that works? Insurance protects your bank account in one manner or another - it doesn't kill you.

Of course, I didn't say that insurance kills people. Or imply it. Or anything like that. I don't know where that last sentence is coming from. Please don't make up absurd positions and attribute them to me.

As for the rest of it, I'll echo DeLuca: You're incorrect, and I hope that you never personally experience why. If it's just emergency care that we're worried about, the cost wouldn't change one bit, would it? Because as you say, we're already ensuring that emergency care is provided. It's preventative care and after-care that are huge problems. Maintenance drugs that are incredibly expensive. Therapy that is too expensive, yet necessary.

It's not about the people who have a bank account to protect.

Wow! All this from hookers at a convention. You'd think that never happened before.

Oh! And the bailouts worked.

Well, not Bush's bailouts. Obama's will work, though.

(If you were bothered by that, then yes, now I'm just screwing with you.)

Of course, I didn't say that insurance kills people. Or imply it. Or anything like that. I don't know where that last sentence is coming from. Please don't make up absurd positions and attribute them to me.

So, you're saying you DID NOT say:

Try this: "I can't afford car insurance." "Oh, that's easy, you can't drive." Versus "I can't afford health insurance." "Oh, that's easy, you can't live." See the difference?

That was another Eleven, like an imposter?

As for the rest of it, I'll echo DeLuca: You're incorrect, and I hope that you never personally experience why. If it's just emergency care that we're worried about, the cost wouldn't change one bit, would it? Because as you say, we're already ensuring that emergency care is provided. It's preventative care and after-care that are huge problems. Maintenance drugs that are incredibly expensive. Therapy that is too expensive, yet necessary.

It's not about the people who have a bank account to protect.

Do you know what "wellness visit" means?

So, you're saying you DID NOT say:

Try this: "I can't afford car insurance." "Oh, that's easy, you can't drive." Versus "I can't afford health insurance." "Oh, that's easy, you can't live." See the difference?

That was another Eleven, like an imposter?

Do you know what "wellness visit" means?

How does my first statement imply that insurance kills people? The LACK of insurance might result in death, but that's not what you wrote.

Yes, I know what a wellness visit is. A wellness visit does not mean that the patient receives medication, therapy, or prevention. It means that a caseworker saw the patient and moved on. Do you know what "wellness visit" means?

Thanks to the spoilers :thumbdown: who obviously couldn't see the original humor of the article, this thread is done.

If you want to spew your own political rhetoric, start another one. This was obviously not my intent. I just thought that it was too good to pass up a news link due to what the prostitutes wanted to do in Copenhagen.

Archived